Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those that actually wear helmets..

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 03:29 AM
mcguireracing70
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: For those that actually wear helmets..

i came off the motocross racing to join the road kings and i still wear a fullface helmet even on my 883, ive been on the ground dozens of times and i always dug dirt out from around my face, so i figure i better save my face as well as my head,lol but i geuss its a matter of personal choice

Old 05-22-2007, 03:37 AM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bought one from carbonfiberhelmets.com It's the only helmet light enough that I can stand to wear.

[IMG]local://upfiles/29881/6600429DEBC649E681A6CCFB16486FEE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-22-2007, 04:44 AM
Tegne
Cruiser

I wear a Schuberth J1 matt-black open face helmet with chin protection bar (http://www.schuberth.com/j1/). It offers theopen face feeling, with visor to protect from dust, insects and small flying objects, a built in sun visor when you forget the goggles... and has chin protection that distributes the load on a front impact. Dunno about you guys, but Singapore seems to have more than its fair share of airborne objects. Pehaps it's just the tropical climate.

Old 05-22-2007, 05:42 PM
bilgil
Intermediate

Full face all the way....Do you see any racers wearing anything but? For protection only..

Old 05-22-2007, 07:08 PM
StargazerXT12
Road Warrior

I got a full face when I got my bike. The black one from HDwith the silver flames. I can understand why the government passed the laws they have. It gets expensive to care for people who can't care for themselves after a catastrophic head injury. The insuranceruns out... and thestate governement kicks in to pay for care, medical, etc. and we ALL pay for that.

Having worked as a PI Paralegal for a Lot of years, I've seen the results of no helmet or minimal helmets. Head injuries can get ugly... fast. Coma, permanent brain dysfunction... And it doesn't take much. You can suffer a permanent disabling head injury without a single mark on your head, and simply by having your brain "sloshed" around in your skull due to a sudden stop. Air bags can cause closed head injuries and permanent brain damage.

Maybe my full face will help, maybe it won't, but I'm not willing to take that chance.

I figure "to each his own" and I sure wouldn't TELL anyone what they should or should not do.

Old 05-26-2007, 05:44 AM
07FattyTailgater
Advanced

ORIGINAL: ******

HJC, this is the Old one, and the reason I wear the new one.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3178/3B9FB156A48B4EFFB056ED21E49FD34A.jpg[/IMG]
Same for me ******. Except mine got the yellow streak on the face shield.

Old 05-26-2007, 06:22 AM
07FattyTailgater
Advanced

ORIGINAL: anubisss

I am an ex sportbike rider as well. I have a full face Arai rx7rr4 for long trips, and I just ordered a carbon fiber helemt from Carbonfiberhelmets.com. I had been wearing a non DOT approved beanie helmet but finally had the cash for the other one. The bottom line on this is safety is safety. I know I am not as safe as I could be in a half helmet,and I have a accidents in full face helmets where my neck could have broken if I didn't ahve a full face on, but my head has gotten soft around here. Price is always relative in my opinion when it comes to buying a helmet. If you have a $10 head, buy a $10 helmet. That is all my opinion...
damn...I think I need a $60K helmet....that's what 9 years of college is costing me.... Does HD make one?

I like my new full face (ladies Dream Cycle from HD). I thought I'd feel uncomfortable in itbut so far its been great.It has lots of vents, I can keep my lip gloss on, n its purty.

Old 05-26-2007, 07:58 AM
utexasrider
Tourer

ORIGINAL: geek

I wear a old detroit police issue cycle helmet, white on top, black on the bottom. the ears are open so i guess it's a half helmet. get lot's of stare's exspecialy from the police... geek from mich.
the police helmets look cool. where did you get them?

Old 05-26-2007, 08:20 AM
Teek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

3/4 most of the time, with face shield for substantial highway riding; and a modular for crappy weather.

Teek

Old 05-26-2007, 10:26 AM
fyrmnjim
Cruiser

I wear an EXL modular. Not the most exp or the best, but it will do what it's intended to do, absorb the impact of the street rather than my noggin. It has good paddingand fits well. I like the flip-face because i can open it at a stop and scratch my head, rub my eyes(or pick my nose if i want to[:'(]).

On a related note: I wouldn't be surprised if, in the future, Insurance co's, both m/c and life, will begin to require helmets for their insured riders. Failing to do so would be cause for a denied claim or reduced benifits. You ride w/o your helmet, you die, your family will recieve nothing or get stuck with your huge medical bill.JMHO.

Quick Reply: For those that actually wear helmets..