Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best prescription glasses / goggles?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Zeb
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Best prescription glasses / goggles?

ORIGINAL: brgtr3

OK, help me out here!I'm quitting my job in a couple weeks, and I've got $700 bucks in my medical flex account to spend before then, or I lose this free money.

Since I don't need a dentist appointment or a physical exam, I thought I blow the cash on some good prescription goggles or glasses that would be suitable for motorcycling.

So here's my question: if money is no object, what would be the best prescription sunglasses or goggles to get?

Thanks for any input!

[sm=smiley16.gif]Keith [8D]

You should be able to have prescription lenses put into most goggles by any competent optical store, as long as the original lenses can be removed.[/align]
[/align][/align]
[/align][/align]
[/align]

Old 04-25-2007, 06:23 PM
3power
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wiley-X http://www.wileyx.com/shop/Prescriptions.aspx

Old 04-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Recycler
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have prescription Wiley's which work very good.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:29 PM
brgtr3
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the comments!

I'm getting to be an old f#rt (pushing 49), so contact lenses are not an option, and lasik is a "no way". Plus, I have bi-focals. Anyway,I've checked out a bunch of different ones today and have decided to go with the Wiley X. Great look, and "reasonable" price ($350 with transitional lenses).

Keith [8D]

Old 04-25-2007, 10:47 PM
Pilotguy1050
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you wont' believe this...

I'm 47, well almost. FINALLY had to get reading glasses a year ago. Had been putting off getting my eyes checked, but it got to where I *KNEW* something was wrong...

Went to the eye doctor and, sure enough. I needed reading glasses.

KNow what they sold me?

HARLEY-DAVIDSON prescription eyeglasses. The REAL DEAL, NAME BRAND HD EYEGLASSES. And they are actually a quality pair of eyeglasses. So much so, that at the end of the year, when I had $100 left over in my own medical spending account, I bought a SECOND PAIR, non-reimbursed.

Just a thought. I know they make great reading glasses. Not sure if they make anything else 'prescription'...

Good luck.

Wayne

Old 04-25-2007, 11:16 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Panoptx without a doubt. They are by far the best money can by for sports and motorcycling. They specialize in prescription lenses and they also make them in day/night lenses. Go here: http://www.panoptx.com/

Old 04-26-2007, 10:52 AM
notmyspam32
Intermediate

I had the same problem last year. I got a "low rider" bifocal prescription and got the Panoptx Sirocco model from SportRX.com <http://sportrx.com/order.asp?product_id=P012>. I also added the transition lenses so I don't have to mess with changing glasses when it gets dark. They cost more than I would normally want to pay ($402), but I was going to lose the money anyway.

They don't work for me in my full face helmet because it causes the goggles to ride up too high on my face. I end up only being able to look through the bifocal part, which is akin to being blind for me. They work great in my half helmet, though.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:40 PM
flatwound
Novice

I just picked up a pair of Torque brand Sport Goggles at Wal-Mart Vision Center. These are RX goggles, with an adjustable strap. I bought them with sunglass type lenses.
The Frames were $69.00, the lenses about $200.00. I'm pretty satisfied with the results, both under my full face helmet and my open face helmet.
In the Atl, the Wal Mart vision centers are now operated by National Vision Centers.
Bill in GA

Old 04-26-2007, 02:15 PM
GothMetalGuitarist
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: flatwound

I just picked up a pair of Torque brand Sport Goggles at Wal-Mart Vision Center. These are RX goggles, with an adjustable strap. I bought them with sunglass type lenses.
The Frames were $69.00, the lenses about $200.00. I'm pretty satisfied with the results, both under my full face helmet and my open face helmet.
In the Atl, the Wal Mart vision centers are now operated by National Vision Centers.
Bill in GA
I just checked those out last night myself. Not bad at all.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:51 PM
sporty06
Road Captain

I am currently trying out Sun Buster glasses. They have the prescription mounted on the nose piece which slips into the lense. It was $174.00 for bifocal lenses and the glasses were 100.00 for the frame and 5 diferent colored lense. NYX sells a similar system as does Praetor. You should be able to google any of the names for dealers. I have used the NYX and Sub Buster for several years while shooting clay targets and they have worked great. Now I have see how they will work in the wind. I know of one dealer in Houston that was selling the NYX frames with two lense of your choice and a case for $65.00, then you sent off for your prescription piece.