Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone sell an HD and buyer used HD financing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 12:58 AM
SD1
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Anyone sell an HD and buyer used HD financing?

I have heard that HD financing will finance any HD, I assume there is some model year and maybe mileage restrictions, but has anyone had a buyer use HD credit? Any benefit to HD credit over a credit union or regular bank loan?

I am going to look at a street glide and if I buy it going to sell my sporty and would like to include "ez financing" somewhere in the ad if it is in fact ez. LOL

Old 04-14-2015, 08:10 AM
saddleupmc
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

It is easy. HD financing is quite often more willing to lend then banks. They also make it easy if someone wants to customize the bike. They are more than happy to finance parts and accessories along with the bike. I would state something like "Financing available from Harley Davidson" in your ad.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:16 AM
Guzzi
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 98 Posts

Your best bet is to get the facts from the finance manager at your local HD dealer.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:22 AM
partlowr
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sold my Dyna a few years ago to a guy who financed it through HD Finance. I was selling it privately with ads on Craigslist and Cycle Trader, a guy comes to look at it says he likes it and told me he was approved through HD Finance. All I had to do was ride it to the local HD dealer, the finance manager came out looked at the bike, checked the frame and motor VINs, took a few photos and then we went in side signed a few pieces of paperwork and I walked out with a check. It was very very easy. I would actually prefer to handle future private sales in the manner, with all the crazy Craigslist murders, robberies and **** you hear about these days doing business at a dealer is the way to go.

I had no idea HD offered that service before but now I know and I think it's a great idea.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:04 AM
Delnorin
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Credit Union Pulled Us Away

I got my 2015 HD Iron 883 through HD financing.

Last month the local Credit Union saw the hit on our credit report and they dug in to the information a bit and sent us an offer.

We did not even solicit it. They offered (and we accepted) to leave HD financing. The payments were $6 less a month, they added GAP insurance and cut off a full 12 months of payments on the loan.

Saving us $2400 by leaving HD Financing.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:10 AM
SD1
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Cool, sounds like a very viable option, thanks for the feedback!

Old 04-14-2015, 06:46 PM
jcapps
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 215 Posts

LOL not viable at all. I just called out of curiosity.
Hypothetical information given

bike was a 5k mile, 2009 Softail Custom (same model they have in stock for 5k more then a private party has for sale locally)

Fico was 790

Quoted rates 12% to 15%

Now I know guys that pay those rates as they are irresponsible and have a 500 fico score. But if a 790 score is offered 12 to 15% whats a 500 gonna pay

Credit unions are the way to go.

But they did say that if I bought the same exact model they happen to have from them (at 5k more then the going price) I could probably get a 6% loan

Old 04-14-2015, 07:06 PM
OddJack
Road Warrior
Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts

They will charge the buyer an extra $500, little less or more.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:07 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,004 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Dealer assisted transactions on a private party sale are available at almost any dealer. The price the dealership charges can vary from $200 to $750

Two of the dealers in our area each charge $250 last time I checked.

The benefit of HD Credit is that it is fast and fairly easy to get, the downside is, no matter what the credit score, they are going to charge more than a credit union.

I've been on both sides of the transaction (as a seller and a buyer) and it works smoothly at a dealership with a competent finance manager.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 02-23-2016, 10:53 PM
RebelScout671
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

But when you shop for better interest rates, wouldn't they continually tap into your credit report therefore ruining it and dropping the score?
Let's say I try the HD credit, they want 12% after credit check. Then I say, hell no, let me call credit union A. I get 9% after the credit check. I say it's still too high, let me try bank B. Now it's 15% because too much inquiries.*
Does that happen?? I just think paying anything over 5% on something like a sportster, or even a dyna, is worth it.

Quick Reply: Anyone sell an HD and buyer used HD financing?