Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

National Cycle Light Bar/Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 11:16 PM
fkstk181
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default National Cycle Light Bar/Help!

Alright folks, hoping someone can help me here, I am a decent wrench, but seriousley lack electrical/wiring knowledge. I just got the light bar by national cycle. It looks really good mounted on my 05 883, I wired the turn signals and the auxillary lighting with no problems. The problem I am having is the instructions state "the long blue wire is the main power wire for the spotlights on the light bar. Connect that to the main power source from the headlight. Either the high beam wire or the low beam wire. The choice is your preference. Turn on bike and check" Ok, my problem is I chose the yellow wire inside the headlight assembly and used the connecters to crimp the two blue wires (from each light, from the lightbar) I took one blue wire and crimped it to the yellow, then the other blue wire and crimped it a little further down on the same wire. I turned the key and only the headlight/running lights came on, the blinkers also worked. I then followed the same procedure but instead crimped them to the white wire. Same results, headlight/running lights/blinkers worked, no passing lamps. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? I don't know if I should be somehow splicing the two blue wires together first, then attaching it to either the yellow or white wire in the headlight. Thanks in advance. Also while I am pleased with how the light bar looks, the turn signals hit slightly on my crash bar. I have sent national cycles an email to see if they offer a smaller set of turn signals. It's nothing very major, maybe a 1/4 on each side it pohibits turning, but it also doesn't allow me to lock the forks.