Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Seventy Two

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 06:46 PM
razorseal
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

very unique! too bad you can't go too far with those tanks though

Old 04-07-2015, 07:18 PM
partlowr
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StrokerAce88
Saw these at the dealership the other week. Would match your hand grips http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...ioned-footpegs

Great bike. Very well put together.
Those are pretty cool too, I have not seen those. They would look cool but the grips are a pita to keep clean, I can only imagine the difficulties in trying to keep white pegs clean....that being said I might order two sets lol.

Old 04-07-2015, 07:24 PM
partlowr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by razorseal
very unique! too bad you can't go too far with those tanks though
Yes, fuel range is my only complaint with this bike. I have already looked into buying an iron tank but Harley does not sell the Hardcandy flake paint. I even went so far as talking to a high end street rod shop about matching the paint and they said it would be a difficult task. I really love the stock paint and to be honest the paint is what drew me to the bike in the showroom. I will probably end up doing the tank and a custom flake paintjob next winter.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:31 PM
LunaticFringe
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

nah, wouldn't worry about the fuel range, nothing wrong with stopping every couple hours for gas.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:07 PM
partlowr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by LunaticFringe
nah, wouldn't worry about the fuel range, nothing wrong with stopping every couple hours for gas.
Lol, I wish I could go a couple hours on a tank. An hour, hour ten minutes tops on the expressway at 75mph.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:38 PM
mrmarklin
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by partlowr
Lol, I wish I could go a couple hours on a tank. An hour, hour ten minutes tops on the expressway at 75mph.
That's about right.

Old 04-07-2015, 11:02 PM
razorseal
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yeah... about what, 70-80 miles? I don't think the sportsters were designed for the highway lol. Oh well...

Yes, fuel range is my only complaint with this bike. I have already looked into buying an iron tank but Harley does not sell the Hardcandy flake paint. I even went so far as talking to a high end street rod shop about matching the paint and they said it would be a difficult task. I really love the stock paint and to be honest the paint is what drew me to the bike in the showroom. I will probably end up doing the tank and a custom flake paintjob next winter.
I bet. Your bike is special because of the color. It's a bummer if the color couldn't be matched. That's the true bummer.

Old 04-08-2015, 11:45 AM
partlowr
Cruiser

Saw these at the dealership the other week. Would match your hand grips http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...ioned-footpegs

Great bike. Very well put together.
I just ordered the white front and passenger pegs along with the white toe shifter peg....looks like I will be using the bleachwhite whitewall cleaner on more than just my tires. Thanks again for pointing these out to me.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:43 PM
StrokerAce88
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered the white front and passenger pegs along with the white toe shifter peg....looks like I will be using the bleachwhite whitewall cleaner on more than just my tires. Thanks again for pointing these out to me.
No problem.

Let's see some updated pics when you get those on the bike.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:56 PM
partlowr
Cruiser

No problem.

Let's see some updated pics when you get those on the bike.
My dealer didn't have them in stock, they told me 3-4 days. I will post up some photos as soon as they arrive and get installed. While I was at the dealer I picked up the H-D chrome upper shock mount trim caps(what a rip off lol), chrome fender strut mounting bolts and chrome lower shock mount bolts, the dull stainless or whatever the stock bolts are was bothering me.

Quick Reply: My Seventy Two