Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Seventy Two

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 10:50 AM
mydogfarted
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sick looking ride. I totally agree about chrome just looking right on there. I was torn between the green and the chrome yellow when I bought my 72.

I'm also glad to see a pic of the Velociraptor on there, since that was the a/c I was leaning towards for mine. How much smaller is it in diameter than the stock a/c?

Old 04-06-2015, 10:54 AM
mydogfarted
Tourer

Also, I've been considering getting a set of Seven Sins Choppers Galaxy Foot Pegs made to match the color of my bike
http://www.sevensinschoppers.com/category_s/151.htm

Old 04-06-2015, 11:08 AM
partlowr
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mydogfarted
Sick looking ride. I totally agree about chrome just looking right on there. I was torn between the green and the chrome yellow when I bought my 72.

I'm also glad to see a pic of the Velociraptor on there, since that was the a/c I was leaning towards for mine. How much smaller is it in diameter than the stock a/c?
It is over an inch and a half smaller diameter than the stock air cleaner cover. I didn't measure it but I did place them side by side before the install. I threw the stock one away so I can't measure it to give you an exact size difference. You can see by the difference in my sig pic vs your sig pic, you can see both my inward push rod tubes where your inwards tubes are covered by the cleaner. I actually questioned how it would flow more are through what appears to be a smaller air filter but it made a night and day difference, my butt dyno could tell a difference. It is a straight unobstructed shot through the filter and into the intake, I guess that is where the difference is. It is also a lot lighter weight than all the stock garbage. In my opinion the Velociraptor styling fits the styling of the Seventy-Two. I looked and several different systems price not really being an issue and settled on the Velociraptor, it just so happens that is is a pretty fair price as well. My only complaint about the Velociraptor system is the aluminum intake ring should have either been chrome plated or powder coated gloss black. I will be having mine chrome plated next winter. You can see on the last photo I posted on the first page the raw aluminum finish doesn't match anything else down there. Most people would not notice but I am a real detail guy so it bugs the crap out of me.

Last edited by partlowr; 04-06-2015 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:16 AM
partlowr
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mydogfarted
Also, I've been considering getting a set of Seven Sins Choppers Galaxy Foot Pegs made to match the color of my bike
http://www.sevensinschoppers.com/category_s/151.htm

Nice find, those are sweet pegs! I wonder how the galaxy green would look on my bike? It's one of those things that if it matches perfectly it would be awesome but if it is off a couple shades of green it would simply look stupid. I never trust the color match in website photos. What I really like is that they are rubber. I love rubber pegs and that is why I have not been in a big hurry to switch out my stock pegs.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

Very nice. Love my greenie and agree the chrome just works on the 72.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:41 PM
starforbrian
Cruiser

partlowr, the horn is best relocated between the downtubes below where the stock coil location is. Look at an early rubbermount Sporty and you'll see the little round horn behind the forks tubes.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:14 PM
kx2
6th Gear

Nice ride.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:09 AM
harleyforty8
Intermediate

beautiful bike well put together

Old 04-07-2015, 02:32 PM
mydogfarted
Tourer

Originally Posted by partlowr
Nice find, those are sweet pegs! I wonder how the galaxy green would look on my bike? It's one of those things that if it matches perfectly it would be awesome but if it is off a couple shades of green it would simply look stupid. I never trust the color match in website photos. What I really like is that they are rubber. I love rubber pegs and that is why I have not been in a big hurry to switch out my stock pegs.
I hear ya. I've been drooling over them myself, but I can't decide which color best goes with my Chrome Yellow, so I'm also sticking with the stock for now.

Old 04-07-2015, 03:30 PM
StrokerAce88
Novice

Saw these at the dealership the other week. Would match your hand grips http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...ioned-footpegs

Great bike. Very well put together.

Quick Reply: My Seventy Two