Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For your viewing pleasure :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 12:20 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member
Received 547 Likes on 466 Posts

Take this observation for what its worth...it is just an opinion. Your bike looks great with all of the upgrades, but I am not a fan of flames. It is a personal preference so you may want that look. Your bike would look so much better if your bags were gloss black without the flames....the bike would look clean and match with the rest of the bike. Again, just my opinion. Ride safe!

Last edited by hscic; 04-06-2015 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:24 PM
Guzzi
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by hscic
Take this observation for at its worth...it is just an opinion. Your bike looks great with all of the upgrades, but I am not a fan of flames. It is a personal preference so you may want that look. Your bike would look so much better if your bags were gloss black without the flames....the bike would look clean and match with the rest of the bike. Again, just my opinion. Ride safe!
I have to agree with the above poster. Also the bags need to be moved forward some.

Old 04-06-2015, 12:33 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member
Received 547 Likes on 466 Posts

Guzzi, I agree but it would be difficult to move those hard saddlebags forward if it is not equipped to do so i.e. cut-out on the bags (for the shocks) to keep the bags close to the struts. Otherwise, he would need to modify the bag mounts to move them outwards, then forward...which may (or may not) look awkward with a larger gap between the bag and the fender.

Last edited by hscic; 04-06-2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:40 PM
MillerBob
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Actually

It looks as though the turn signals are facing upwards. May they did hit and pushed them up or is that an optical illusion on my part??

Old 04-09-2015, 10:33 AM
Grimdark
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it. Hows the wind break with the faring?

Old 04-10-2015, 08:25 PM
kingxirol
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by hscic
Guzzi, I agree but it would be difficult to move those hard saddlebags forward if it is not equipped to do so i.e. cut-out on the bags (for the shocks) to keep the bags close to the struts. Otherwise, he would need to modify the bag mounts to move them outwards, then forward...which may (or may not) look awkward with a larger gap between the bag and the fender.
Correct observation hscic. Another reason I kept the bags slightly behind the shocks as I wanted them to align with the rear fender which they do perfectly so from rear they don't look weird. Also flames are kind of a personal preference. I was even thinking about painting some on the fairing and front fender but then got lazy. Maybe when I have a couple of hundred extra dollars to burn I'll have all the tins painted in flames.

Originally Posted by MillerBob
It looks as though the turn signals are facing upwards. May they did hit and pushed them up or is that an optical illusion on my part??
The front and rear turn signals are very slightly facing upwards intentionally. That way they are more visible from the standard height of a car or truck driver's seat. I already tested it. Since they are not LEDs so they are not annoying to the eyes but still way more visible than standard position.

Originally Posted by Grimdark
I like it. Hows the wind break with the faring?
Thanks Grimdark (I like your screen name)! The wind break is perfect as the windshield is curved at the top so no issues at cruising or even 90+ mph speeds. Couldn't be happier with this fairing. And you know what, Mutazu (the manufacturer) was so happy the way it was mounted, they used my bike's pic as main pic for their eBay listing for this fairing. Check it out here.