Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Led h4?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 08:22 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Originally Posted by Raulgutz
Hey guys I have a problem. So I helped a buddy install a similar LED light on his 2006 xl1200r. The one in question is made by headwinds. Install went good and it lit up on low beam and high beam properly. But when we went for a ride I noticed his high beam would flash along with his turn signal when we would be turning. He said both turn signal arrows in his dummy lights would flash. We went back to stock bulb and it worked fine again. Could it had been a bad unit or a problem with bike. Maybe bike Reading bulb out. Checked battery connection and fuse, both were good

get that thing out of the bike and send it back.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:49 PM
Raulgutz
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cvaria
get that thing out of the bike and send it back.
Haha. Yes we did. He really wants LED lighting. He had purchased that kit before DK came out with theirs. Now we are trying to figure out if it was the kit or his bike. He doesn't want to attemp again and fail also with a different kit

Old 04-20-2015, 10:32 PM
Robert Strohl
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the HD Daymaker on my Nightster and Kuryakyn LED's front/rear as well as the HD Signal LED mirrors. I like the Daymaker a lot. Really lights up the road. Night and day difference.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:55 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Smile

Originally Posted by Robert Strohl
I've got the HD Daymaker on my Nightster and Kuryakyn LED's front/rear as well as the HD Signal LED mirrors. I like the Daymaker a lot. Really lights up the road. Night and day difference.
lol, this is kind of an "anti-daymaker" thread

Old 04-21-2015, 03:40 AM
Wildon883R
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
lol, this is kind of an "anti-daymaker" thread
I don't think anybody is denying that the daymaker is a great lighting upgrade because it is. I personally wasn't willing to pay for a light that could be made into $400 doorstop if an errant thrown rock hit and busted it not to mention it's not a serviceable unit and only has a 1 year warranty. I replaced nearly all my light and I'm about to buy the Custom Dynamics tail light assembly for a complete led lighting upgrade cost of around $470.00.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:31 PM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by Wildon883R
I don't think anybody is denying that the daymaker is a great lighting upgrade because it is. I personally wasn't willing to pay for a light that could be made into $400 doorstop if an errant thrown rock hit and busted it not to mention it's not a serviceable unit and only has a 1 year warranty. I replaced nearly all my light and I'm about to buy the Custom Dynamics tail light assembly for a complete led lighting upgrade cost of around $470.00.
Right. That's why the thread was started. And we ended up doing the same thing.

I respect the DM but, i don't like the sealed build and the extortion. $ isnt an issue, i spent more on my oil cooler setup.

i specifically wanted a bulb/h4 over a sealed unit. i dont believe in sealed units. Just did the same to my wrangler.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/#/forumsite/20623/topics/2915849?page=1

Bit of a scuffle there too... don't even get me started on lazy LED light bars everyone is duct-taping to their rigs.

Everyone is dressing for the ride, nobody is dressing for the fall.

Last edited by cvaria; 04-21-2015 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:35 PM
Ronder
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The HD Daymaker, made by JW Speaker, isn't even the second generation headlight , the EVO 2-

Which can be bought for around $320

Old 04-22-2015, 04:46 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ronder
The HD Daymaker, made by JW Speaker, isn't even the second generation headlight , the EVO 2-

Which can be bought for around $320

JW Speaker 8700 Evolution 2 Review | Headlight Revolution - YouTube

Yeah, i said that in the first post, called them jl speakers. daymaker is second gen now thought. Harley replaced the day maker first gen in less than a year after wild failures and complaints. They even quietly replaced quite a few first generation units with the new ones upon complaint.

The DM is is great its just not worth 420 or whatever molestation hd is currently attempting.

The speakers are same, if not better, quality without the monster markup. my only beef is that they are sealed and not serviceable.

Last edited by cvaria; 04-22-2015 at 05:29 AM.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:51 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,239 Likes on 2,469 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronder
DK Custom......along with your LED headlight, are you working on an axillary LED bulb for a 09 Road King?

Thanks
We are done with our testing. They will be available on the website within the next week or so.

To give you an idea of the difference, the headlight is our Drop-in LED bulb, the aux light on the left side of the bike is our drop-in LED Aux bulb, and the light on the right side of the bike is a brand new HD aux bulb.

Old 09-08-2016, 03:12 PM
KarmaSportster
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I know the last post was over a year ago but I just installed DK's H4 LED light today. I had no issues installing it. When you go to pull the pins out of the connector, you'll need a small flat head screwdriver but they pop out pretty easy. I used dielectric grease on the pins after crimping them on a little tighter then used a small piece of electric tape to keep them secure. Then used heatshrink over each connection. Everything pops right into place pretty easy. The light is bright during the day.
Haven't tested it at night...yet. Will find out on my way home tonight

Quick Reply: Led h4?