Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Badlands Module and Constant Flash Module-Can I have Both?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015 | 08:42 AM
Rollbar
|
Road Captain
Default Badlands Module and Constant Flash Module-Can I have Both?

OK I got the badlands and hooked it up with a few problems I need to work out.

Question-with the BL run/stop/turn, can I get something in conjunction with this to keep the flashers flashing when turning? Or is it one or the other/pick one?

I live off a hwy and turning people are up my rear end and I hold it on to make a right turn as long as I can.

Problem-The left front turn signal indicator instead of flashing brighter/lighting up the other element, it goes out to flash, even without the BL installed. Guess I need to check a ground ?? Little rusty in side but the bulb, base and contacts are clean/have grease in the socket.

The right rear when the BL is hooked up does not light in the run position-wiring good. I might not have it right but the left one works.

SO, I removed the BL until I can figure it out.

Also for my model year-Had to cut a notch in the plug-n-play so it would slide into the harness. Plug-n-play had a small tit on it so it wouldn't go but it is made for the harness.

Thanks,
Jim

Old 02-11-2015 | 12:32 PM
chris_b_owens
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Rollbar
OK I got the badlands and hooked it up with a few problems I need to work out.

Question-with the BL run/stop/turn, can I get something in conjunction with this to keep the flashers flashing when turning? Or is it one or the other/pick one?

I live off a hwy and turning people are up my rear end and I hold it on to make a right turn as long as I can.

Problem-The left front turn signal indicator instead of flashing brighter/lighting up the other element, it goes out to flash, even without the BL installed. Guess I need to check a ground ?? Little rusty in side but the bulb, base and contacts are clean/have grease in the socket.

The right rear when the BL is hooked up does not light in the run position-wiring good. I might not have it right but the left one works.

SO, I removed the BL until I can figure it out.

Also for my model year-Had to cut a notch in the plug-n-play so it would slide into the harness. Plug-n-play had a small tit on it so it wouldn't go but it is made for the harness.

Thanks,
Jim

I had a similar issue but I had LED turn signals. After going thru all wiring it turned out that the LED leads were coming loose from the back of the LED cluster inside the housing. So it may be a ground or short of some kind.

Old 02-11-2015 | 08:00 PM
Rollbar
|
Road Captain

Thank you.

What I need to figure out now is if I can have a module to keep the turn signals on for a little bit in conjunction with the BLands module. I don't think I can but not 100% sure.