Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

picking up Harley windshield tomorow

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007 | 06:56 PM
CBJCH
|
Cruiser
Default picking up Harley windshield tomorow

I have looked at every shield imaginable and really don't like any of them on a sporty. However I am tired of getting beat up by the wind at Highway speeds.

Since I did not like any of them I decided to go for function instead of looks, I am getting the HD quick release.

I hope it works as I have a trip to the smokies planned in June (Highway all the way from southwest Oh)

I 'll ride this weekend and post my two cents worth. I am also going to try and figure out how to post pics of my sporty

Ride Safe All
John

Old 04-18-2007 | 07:00 PM
brauny1
Road Master
Default RE: picking up Harley windshield tomorow

Good for you, you won't regret it, thats what I have...

Old 04-18-2007 | 07:01 PM
BentZero
Cruiser

Yeah, I never understood why the windscreen had to be a giant sail. It's nice and tiny on my sport bike.

Old 04-18-2007 | 07:04 PM
Thumper26
Outstanding HDF Member

I agree with your decision. I also have HD's quick-detachable windshield and use it on trips. I don't know how I did without it on those long slab rides. The nice thing is that it removes completely in 15 seconds with no trace when you don't want it on, and it mounts back on in the same amount of time. You're gonna' love it for trips!

Old 04-18-2007 | 07:09 PM
brauny1
Road Master

ORIGINAL: BentZero
Yeah, I never understood why the windscreen had to be a giant sail. It's nice and tiny on my sport bike.
On a sportbike? They work well if you want to look like you giving yourself a bl*w job.

Old 04-18-2007 | 07:17 PM
bikecop40
Tourer

First thing I added to the new bike (quick release) yeah you won't regret it.

Old 04-18-2007 | 07:50 PM
Zeb
Road Master

ORIGINAL: CBJCH

I have looked at every shield imaginable and really don't like any of them on a sporty. However I am tired of getting beat up by the wind at Highway speeds.

Since I did not like any of them I decided to go for function instead of looks, I am getting the HD quick release.

I hope it works as I have a trip to the smokies planned in June (Highway all the way from southwest Oh)

I 'll ride this weekend and post my two cents worth. I am also going to try and figure out how to post pics of my sporty

Ride Safe All
John

I got a Harley compact quick-release, and it works just fine, but you might want to think about getting the one that works with a three-headlight system as well, in case you ever deceide to add a couple of extra headlamps to your bike. It will still work without the extra lights, and be there for you if you decided to add them some day.

Old 04-18-2007 | 07:56 PM
drumer66
Tourer

I'm ina delema myself.......... been going crazy looking...............grrrrrrrr.....

I dont like the look of the HD shield.... at least the skinny one.... The skinny one looks funny, IMO....dont be mad if this is what you have....

i am really concidering the Memphis Shades Line of sports shield.... if i'm gonna get any use out of a winshield it has to contour the bike nice too.....

I have heard good things about Memphis so far as long as i get the right height....

i'm confused about this also

jim D

Old 04-18-2007 | 09:12 PM
thomasf59
Outstanding HDF Member

I like my H/D Q/R, I also thought of the Memphis Shade but did not want to carry a wrench around to remove it.

Tom

Old 04-18-2007 | 09:30 PM
Hagar the Horrible
Outstanding HDF Member

I 'll bet that a year from now your here tellin people that even though the bike looks better without it you hardly ever take off your windshield.

Quick Reply: picking up Harley windshield tomorow