Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage one download. CRAP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 10:17 PM
Ryan42
Road Master
Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

There it is! Post above the last one didn't like the VIED and the post above me does. So, you either just gotta try it out or get something different or according to nightrider article you don't have to do **** for stage one

Old 02-01-2015, 10:29 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,221 Likes on 2,456 Posts

Originally Posted by 71on72
I don't understand above comment. Will the HD ECM LTFT automatically richened in open loop without XIED or do XIEDs do more trickery in open loop to cause it
The ECM can richen or lean out the open loop, based on what it sees in closed loop...regardless of whether there is an XiED product in play...or any other tuner.

Adaptive Fuel is known generally in the EFI world as Long Term Fuel Trim (LTFT).

When in closed loop the ECM uses the information from the above list to calculate airflow, load, temperatures, throttle position, to adapt and maintain the targeted AFR in the closed loop section of the map.

It then uses the o2 sensors to determine what the AFR actually is. If there is a difference, the ECM makes an adjustment real time to the closed loop map, AND stores the difference in an "Adaptive Fuel Value" cell for future use in Open Loop.

To put it another way, when the ECM sees the closed loop values constantly being richer than expected (like when using an XiED family product), the Long Term Fuel Trim (Adaptive Fuel Value) is increased, resulting in a richening up of the open loop values.

Lot's more info in this thread...check out post #22 for full info-

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...is-true-3.html

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 02-01-2015, 10:40 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,221 Likes on 2,456 Posts

A few comments-

So true, cannot get a true AFR read with a sniffer, unless the sniffer is on the engine side of the cat. On the graph I posted, the sniffer was on the engine side of the cat.

I ran my Sporty for about 3 years with X14iED's and was very happy with the performance. Would it run even better with a flash tuner? Yep, but for 5x the cost, on that bike, it was not worth the little bit of improvement I would have gained.

Decel pop is something some people don't like the sound of, but it is Not an indication of a bad tune. Just like the absence of decel pop is not an indication of a good tune.

There are thousands and thousands of XiED users that are happy to have gotten rid of the stock/lean surging, and have smoother stronger acceleration.

There are also lots of riders that want to get the absolute most out of their rides, and realize that to accomplish that they need a Flash Tuner like the Power Vision.

Here's a good thread that reviews the most popular tuners.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/ignit...uning-etc.html

Old 02-02-2015, 07:47 PM
pjpockets
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did order the power vision after talking to ten thousand people about the dyno results and people say ( tuners included ) that not only the AFR needs to be changed but so does the map. It would still rise to a leaner condition with added rpm. True, I suppose the VIEDS would give me a better starting point, but still going to lean on my bike. As at the beginning of this, the stage one download is bull crap. Power vision it is. Yes its more money but I want it at its best. Im sure the VIEDs would work fine. I suppose I want better then fine. Be well all, and thank you.

Last edited by pjpockets; 02-02-2015 at 11:37 PM.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:40 PM
pjpockets
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received the power vision and downloaded the supplied map. I runs much cooler in town but still gets a little to warm on the freeway, at seventy. 230 to 235 degrees in 80+ temp. Better then it was at 250 but I might make it a little richer in that area. Mileage at 65 or seventy is 45 to 48 mpg. Maybe I will leave it just for that. Performance is very good. HOTROD!