Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle Parking only

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 09:09 AM
thomasf59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Motorcycle Parking only

I wish more stores would reserve a couple of places,up close,( not that I am lazy and don't want to walk) for m/c parking only. Lots of times I'de like to ride and run an errand on the bike but afraid of where to park. Parking on the sidewalk is not always an option.

Tom

Old 04-17-2007, 09:17 AM
saltlick
Road Warrior
Received 232 Likes on 175 Posts
Default RE: Motorcycle Parking only

i work at a hospital, there is only two MC parking spaces available in all the parking. The other day i rode my bike to work, yep two ******** took up the MC parking with thier cars. Its plainly marked Motorcycle parking only you cant miss it. Man that pissed me off.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:29 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

ORIGINAL: thomasf59

I wish more stores would reserve a couple of places,up close,( not that I am lazy and don't want to walk)

Tom
I agree. I tend to keep a mental list of resturants & stores that have sidewalks I can ride up on to park. I'm not interested in parking way out in a big box lot where someone can screw with the bike unseen. It would be nice if places would split an upfrontparking space or two in half. It has nothing to do with being lazy, it's about security and cagers who swing into a parking space and don't see the bike sitting between two SUV's.

Old 04-17-2007, 11:43 AM
saltlick
Road Warrior
Received 232 Likes on 175 Posts

exactly,

nothing worse than coming out of a store or work, looking for your bike, not seeing it then realizing its still there just on its side. I swear to god people are so stupid. Ive come out to find kids, yes 5 year old kids playing on my motorcycle while thier mom watched with a smile on her face like they were climbing a jungle gym. Ive had guys sit on my bike, grab the handlebars and pretend like they are riding it (saw this from inside a bar, man i ran out there quick), people just cant handle being around motorcycles they get all wierd.

Old 04-17-2007, 11:49 AM
aceospades
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: saltlick

Ive had guys sit on my bike, grab the handlebars and pretend like they are riding it (saw this from inside a bar, man i ran out there quick), people just cant handle being around motorcycles they get all wierd.
thats when it would be time to start smacking someone around..if i ever seen that it would mean its time to fight..im not a trouble maker and dont look for fights,but that would just put me over the edge..

Old 04-17-2007, 12:31 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: aceospades

ORIGINAL: saltlick

Ive had guys sit on my bike, grab the handlebars and pretend like they are riding it (saw this from inside a bar, man i ran out there quick), people just cant handle being around motorcycles they get all wierd.
thats when it would be time to start smacking someone around..if i ever seen that it would mean its time to fight..im not a trouble maker and dont look for fights,but that would just put me over the edge..
That's why I have 2 helmet stickers that are ALWAYS promanently visabile on my helmet on the seat of my bike. First one says, "Rule Number 1, NEVER TOUCH MY MOTORCYCLE". The second says, "Don't even think of sitting on this bike, UNLESS YOU'RE NAKED".

If I came out and discovered someone sitting on my bike, it would most certainly be time to open a HUGE can of whupazz!!

Old 04-17-2007, 12:42 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I always park by the door whether there is a space there or not. I pull up and just park there even it says no parking. I have never had a problem with this. Thatis one of the advantages to having a motorcyle. I need one ofthose stickers on my helmet too though. Most people are afraid to touch a bike but there are your general exceptions to every rule. The last warehouse I went to was Home Depot, and I park it right next to the door between the McDonalds window and the door to the store. The security guards just take one look at the bike and don't say a word. Yep, I'm wordy today...

Old 04-17-2007, 12:43 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I forgot to say that a lot of places should have at least 5 - 10 motorcycle parking places around here as they have space for thousands of cars. That is the least we could ask for...If there aren't any, I make one...

Old 04-17-2007, 01:01 PM
russkrs
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: SportyPig
The second says, "Don't even think of sitting on this bike, UNLESS YOU'RE NAKED".
I can just imagine your heading out from a store to see some big fat slob sitting naked on your bike [sm=roll.gif]

I normally just park in a cager spot, out where there are fewer cars, many times by a light post if possible. More for the sake that they are more likely to see the light post than the bike while whipping through the lot.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Ice_Rider
Advanced

I usually pull up in the area's that have the lines (by handicaps and the ends of rows). The only person that ever complained was an old lady in a corvette and that is because she wanted to park her car there "so that no one steal it."

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Parking only