Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loud pipes and neighbors

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 12:06 AM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Loud pipes and neighbors

I'm running baffleless until I eventually get some Cycle Shacks.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:06 AM
XL1200N
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom I love it when you post, it has something to do with avatar.

Brian

Old 04-17-2007, 12:14 AM
aceospades
Road Warrior

i have 2 nieghbors that ride and 1 that is getting a streetglide soon..them ones are cool with me..the people that live right next door i hate and aim my pipes at their house in the morning when i start it(long story dont want to explain but you would be on my side about it) the guy across the street told me his dogs go crazy when i start my bike i responded with "train your dogs to shut up then because im not gonna stop riding because your dogs" then 2 weeks later the tax assesor showed up at my house and reassesed me because of a garage to bedroom conversion i did with no permits..the assessor just happened to be the guy across the streets x-wife(how strange) my taxes went from $3,200 a year to $4,600 a year..it almost calls for a beating on the guy but that will get me nowhere..i never said anything to him and he never waved or said hello to me since the reassessment...he is feeling the guilt..now i rev the engine more on purpose.. oh yea almost forgot to mention i will be ordering v&h short shots real soon..he is gonna love them!!!!

Old 04-17-2007, 12:20 AM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

aceofspades,
I live at the end of a cul-de-sac so have to pass all of the neighbors when leaving. I like where I live and want to keep it neigborly so don't intentionally rile em up. Sometimes we just reap what we sow.

Used to have a "dont give a chit" attitude but have mellowed with age.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:23 AM
KBolgen45
Stage IV

speaking of letting the bike warm up... i was cruising through my manual for my 01 sporty xlc and considering im living in miserable spring sub 50 degree temps new england, the manual says my warm up procedure should consist of no more than 30 seconds sit time with the choke out after start up...then 3mi of riding with the choke fully out, followed by 2mi at half choke, then to normal idle (4-5 2001 sportster factory manual). It seems if we actually follow this guideline for us cool weather riders the neighboor issue shouldnt be a problem. Do these instructions also apply with stage 1 upgrades applied?

Old 04-17-2007, 12:25 AM
davidc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't like my neighbors that was one of the reasons I got the short shots.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:27 AM
aceospades
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Dalton

aceofspades,
I live at the end of a cul-de-sac so have to pass all of the neighbors when leaving. I like where I live and want to keep it neigborly so don't intentionally rile em up. Sometimes we just reap what we sow.

Used to have a "dont give a chit" attitude but have mellowed with age.
the guyacross the street told me his dogs go crazy..what can i do about that? i cant stop riding my bike because of his dogs..he started with me..i know what your saying about not wanting trouble(and im not looking for any) but when the ***** turned me in and my taxes went way up im not looking to be friends with him after that..i really dont need to be friends with my neighbors..i know one thing if they dont like it they can move because i aint going anywhere anytime soon..i was here before all of them and god willing ill be here after all of them..

Old 04-17-2007, 12:29 AM
Zeb
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: aceospades

i have 2 nieghbors that ride and 1 that is getting a streetglide soon..them ones are cool with me..the people that live right next door i hate and aim my pipes at their house in the morning when i start it(long story dont want to explain but you would be on my side about it) the guy across the street told me his dogs go crazy when i start my bike i responded with "train your dogs to shut up then because im not gonna stop riding because your dogs" then 2 weeks later the tax assesor showed up at my house and reassesed me because of a garage to bedroom conversion i did with no permits..the assessor just happened to be the guy across the streets x-wife(how strange) my taxes went from $3,200 a year to $4,600 a year..it almost calls for a beating on the guy but that will get me nowhere..i never said anything to him and he never waved or said hello to me since the reassessment...he is feeling the guilt..now i rev the engine more on purpose.. oh yea almost forgot to mention i will be ordering v&h short shots real soon..he is gonna love them!!!!

You also might want to get a bright orange target sewn on the back of your jacket as well.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:33 AM
aceospades
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Zeb

ORIGINAL: aceospades

You also might want to get a bright orange target sewn on the back of your jacket as well.
why? im not doing anything illegal..he needs to realize that i cant help if his dogs need trainig..like i said im not gonna stop riding or even push my bike uphill out of the driveway to keep his dogs calm..after he said something to me about the dogs i actually tried to keep the noise down a bit untill the x-wife showed up..now it is fair game..

Old 04-17-2007, 12:59 AM
DJinNJ
Novice

I just try to be as considerate as is practical.

Quick Reply: Loud pipes and neighbors