Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 07:48 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member
Received 547 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by Dane M
Looks awesome. You need to update your sig pic! I can resize and sharpen one if you need.

I'm so happy with my new bars so I'm posting this pic here too!

Lookin good Dane. Look's like a sporty chopper...did you modify your rake. Perhaps just an illusion with the your risers/handlebar.

With respect to sig picks....tried to resize and stay within the required pixels but doesn't take. In fact, the sig pic in my profile is not even the one being posted.

Last edited by hscic; 03-26-2016 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:02 PM
Dane M
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by hscic
Lookin good Dane. Look's like a sporty chopper...did you modify your rake. Perhaps just an illusion with the your risers/handlebar.

With respect to sig picks....tried to resize and stay within the required pixels but doesn't take. In fact, the sig pic in my profile is not even the one being posted.
Thanks, I have 4" longer fork tubes than stock. I have 13" progressive rear suspension. The back sits up really high when on the sidestand, sits pretty normal under rider weight. No rake change.

You were probably off on the other dimension. 500 long side 250 high side. If either one of those is more than the max amount, say like 500 x 300, It won't take it. Most likely has to be jpeg too. If it's not jpeg, just open it in Paint, then save as jpeg

Last edited by Dane M; 03-26-2016 at 11:04 PM.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:10 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dane M
Thanks, I have 4" longer fork tubes than stock. I have 13" progressive rear suspension. The back sits up really high when on the sidestand, sits pretty normal under rider weight. No rake change.

You were probably off on the other dimension. 500 long side 250 high side. If either one of those is more than the max amount, say like 500 x 300, It won't take it. Most likely has to be jpeg too. If it's not jpeg, just open it in Paint, then save as jpeg
Will play with it....thanks.

Old 03-27-2016, 12:13 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

A couple of pics under the afternoon sun

Last edited by hscic; 03-27-2016 at 12:22 AM.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:55 PM
kingxirol
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
A couple of pics under the afternoon sun

Looking top class now! All set to enter shows and win trophies after trophies ...

Old 03-27-2016, 02:10 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by kingxirol
Looking top class now! All set to enter shows and win trophies after trophies ...
Thanks...appreciate the nice words.

Actually, someone from our club is with a well-known national magazine and plans to put on a motorcylce show in July so plan to enter for the fun of it with the opportunity for a photo-shoot. Can't even get honorable mention in DK's contest...perhaps a different set of criteria...so may get some looks since it doesn't look like other sporties...LOL. But at least my bike still feels and rides like a sporty and purrs on the road unlike those bagger show bikes.

I will be matching the rear wheel with my front fat spokes or getting another set with black fat spokes and chrome rim/nipples.....still using my stock rear since it's hidden by my saddlebags anyway..but can't enter a contest with different wheel sets..haha.

Thinking of this set...or just a matching rear...getting quote now.

Last edited by hscic; 03-29-2016 at 08:28 AM.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:33 AM
load97
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

Looks pretty nice.

The following users liked this post:
hscic (03-28-2016)
Old 03-31-2016, 02:31 PM
BostonHarley
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've decided I'm not going to be installing my Viking bags, at least not at this time.

I've been disgusted with the whole process. Who would have thought relocating the turn signals would be such an issue. So many ugly brackets out there.

Anyways, for now the bike will remain saddlebag free.

Old 03-31-2016, 07:41 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by BostonHarley
I've decided I'm not going to be installing my Viking bags, at least not at this time.

I've been disgusted with the whole process. Who would have thought relocating the turn signals would be such an issue. So many ugly brackets out there.

Anyways, for now the bike will remain saddlebag free.
What kind of issues are you having? I agree there are a lot of ugly brackets out there. What are kind of relocation kit are you looking for?

Take a breather and keep on looking.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:38 PM
BostonHarley
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of issues are you having? I agree there are a lot of ugly brackets out there. What are kind of relocation kit are you looking for?

Take a breather and keep on looking.
Hi hscic hope all is well and thanks for the reply.
Taking a breather is exactly what I will do.

Before getting the bags the one thing I wanted going into this was to get the bags with the least amount of custom work. I wanted easy plug and play. That probably would have been getting the HD relocation kit + HD detachable bags but that would have cost me WAY too much money and overpriced at that.

The HD relocation kit just makes the turn signals in the back look ugly. I've looked at some other kits, like an inexpensive one that has simple brackets that attach behind the license plate. It's cheap looking IMO.

Second, when I bought the Viking Bags I had no idea because the turn signals would be take off the fender support bars there would obviously be a hole there. My auto body guy pointed this out and I was like DOH. HD sells covers for these holes. Of course it wouldn't matter if I left the bags on permanently because no one would see, but I wanted detachable so the holes would be present the bags were off.

I was then thinking, get one of those cool under the fender led lights with built in turn signals. It would look extremely clean and not be that expensive. But ALL of those are made for Sportster models EXCEPT mine - 1200C. The 72, 48, 833, etc. Not mine though. When I called a place about this the woman responded with yup universal, will def fit your 2015 Sportster 1200C. I was JUST about to order when their tech guy calls me to tell me NOPE it won't work because my fender comes down further than other Sportster models so the lights would in effect point DOWN no straight back.

These were exactly the type of issues I didn't want to come across and they did.

Yes I know to some people these are minor issues, first world problems, etc. but I'm just a simple guy, I'm not handy and wanted a simple solution that looked clean.

Yesterday we had gorgeous weather in Mass, 60 degrees and sunny. I took my bike out for an hour and just forgot about all that nonsense.

I decided I would do what you said, take a breather and think things over. Maybe some new products will come on the market.

I'm just gonna enjoy riding my bike.

I'm sorry for the rant, thank you listening.

Quick Reply: Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger