Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 01:06 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member
Received 547 Likes on 466 Posts

Received the 10" smoke windshield from J&P $72 shipped. Initially thought it would not fit since the bend in the shield was more than the fairing, but Polycarbonate can bend cold so tried to straighten it out a little...didn't do much but since the plastic is flexible, got it into my fairing...phew, thought I threw away $72. Now to see if it moves the airflow over my helmet. Good quality shield, no distortion, good thickness, nice tint, and polycarbonate does not shatter like acrylic...so IMO a safer windshield. Need to drill and secure, then test ride. Will post pics soon.

Still didn't receive the 9 1/2" smoke black flared shield...if there is a need to look through the shield at this height, then will probably not use it (and sell it on CL)....but I like the shape of the 9 1/2 flared more than the 10" straight shield.

Update: Received the 9 1/2" today 2/18/16...now need to figure out which one to use.

Last edited by hscic; 02-18-2016 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:37 PM
BostonHarley
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ev0lution7
Just finished putting larger hard QD BAGS on.
These look nice. What brand? Which bracket did you use to move the rear turn signals?

Old 02-18-2016, 02:23 PM
ev0lution7
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonHarley
These look nice. What brand? Which bracket did you use to move the rear turn signals?
I used the Harley relocation kit... And those are easy brackets for the saddle bags... And the saddle bags themselves are from eBay... Search for LW SADDLE BAGS

Old 02-18-2016, 02:27 PM
BostonHarley
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ev0lution7
I used the Harley relocation kit... And those are easy brackets for the saddle bags... And the saddle bags themselves are from eBay... Search for LW SADDLE BAGS
Thank you!

I'm kind of torn right now with getting bags or not. I like the look of my Sporty so if I get the bags I will need to get the quick release option.

Just don't know if I want to go through the hassle and money to get the relocation bracket, quick release bracket, saddlebags, fitting them, etc.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:02 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

It's not that bad...mine came with everything you need (mounting brackets/bolts, lid lock/keys, quick release bracket already attached to the bags) including a single element LED on the bag for turn or brake and inner lining. The only other thing I bought was a low profile license plate mount that attaches the stock turn signals. I also have quick release sissy mounts between the strut and bags in case I go 2-up. You can install black but I painted my bags to color-match the bike. There are pics on this thread somewhere.

Last edited by hscic; 02-18-2016 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:15 PM
BostonHarley
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hscic
It's not that bad...mine came with everything you need (mounting brackets/bolts, lid lock/keys, quick release bracket already attached to the bags) including a single element LED on the bag for turn or brake and inner lining. The only other thing I bought was a low profile license plate mount that attaches the stock turn signals. I also have quick release sissy mounts between the strut and bags in case I go 2-up. You can install black but I painted my bags to color-match the bike. There are pics on this thread somewhere.
They did? When I checked on ebay with my model(2015 Sportster 1200C) it said it didn't fit that model.

Thank you for the info

Old 02-19-2016, 01:59 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by BostonHarley
They did? When I checked on ebay with my model(2015 Sportster 1200C) it said it didn't fit that model.

Thank you for the info
Yes they did but I am not referring to the LW Saddle Bags on eBay that were mentioned above....I was referring to my bags and to indicate the bags are not a hassle to install and come with all mounting hardware. Good luck

Old 02-19-2016, 03:31 AM
BensonUK
Road Captain
Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Received the 10" smoke windshield from J&P $72 shipped. Initially thought it would not fit since the bend in the shield was more than the fairing, but Polycarbonate can bend cold so tried to straighten it out a little...didn't do much but since the plastic is flexible, got it into my fairing...phew, thought I threw away $72. Now to see if it moves the airflow over my helmet. Good quality shield, no distortion, good thickness, nice tint, and polycarbonate does not shatter like acrylic...so IMO a safer windshield. Need to drill and secure, then test ride. Will post pics soon.

Still didn't receive the 9 1/2" smoke black flared shield...if there is a need to look through the shield at this height, then will probably not use it (and sell it on CL)....but I like the shape of the 9 1/2 flared more than the 10" straight shield.

Update: Received the 9 1/2" today 2/18/16...now need to figure out which one to use.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:42 AM
BostonHarley
Intermediate

Yes they did but I am not referring to the LW Saddle Bags on eBay that were mentioned above....I was referring to my bags and to indicate the bags are not a hassle to install and come with all mounting hardware. Good luck
Ah ok thanks

Old 02-19-2016, 12:20 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by BensonUK

Where do you get these emojis...lol

Here are the pics:
10" straight smoke Polycarbonate from J&P

9 1/2" flared smoke black ABS Plastic

Quick Reply: Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger