Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 10:10 AM
BensonUK
Road Captain
Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Tsukaya bags but I got the windshield from ebay.
Luckily it seems as all the Harley imitations all seem to fit and that one only cost about £20 delivered.
Thought I would just try a few and work out works for me best.
The aux led lights arrived today and I also pulled the trigger on a 7inch Headlight housing and LED unit as well.

Did have to change the front brake line as with the riser on the new speedo it was at full stretch, took a gamble ordering one that was 50' designed for a Street Bob and it worked...phew

I was expecting the front end to be heavier with the fairing and gubbings attached but it seemed very well balanced.
Am very happy with the results over all.
Might look for a comfy solo seat as the passenger part of that sundowner just sits too proud and breaks up the lines

Can't fault the bags, good strong construction, easy to fit and even came with load balancers so no issues with the dash lights flashing too fast

Old 12-21-2015, 10:39 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member
Received 547 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by BensonUK
Tsukaya bags but I got the windshield from ebay.
Luckily it seems as all the Harley imitations all seem to fit and that one only cost about £20 delivered.
Thought I would just try a few and work out works for me best.
The aux led lights arrived today and I also pulled the trigger on a 7inch Headlight housing and LED unit as well.

Did have to change the front brake line as with the riser on the new speedo it was at full stretch, took a gamble ordering one that was 50' designed for a Street Bob and it worked...phew

I was expecting the front end to be heavier with the fairing and gubbings attached but it seemed very well balanced.
Am very happy with the results over all.
Might look for a comfy solo seat as the passenger part of that sundowner just sits too proud and breaks up the lines

Can't fault the bags, good strong construction, easy to fit and even came with load balancers so no issues with the dash lights flashing too fast
Should look great when you are done....post some completed pics. Are the fairings Tsukaya, Memphis Shades, or aftermarket knockoff?

You must love your Jack Daniels...it's all over your bike...LOL

Last edited by hscic; 12-21-2015 at 12:02 PM.
Old 12-21-2015, 01:22 PM
Syris71
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hscic
Nice ride...but you have a sporty bagger and still wear a backpack?...lol. I installed bags to eliminate the need to wear one. Think you need more storage space like a back rack..haha. Hope you had a grand time in Daytona.
Well... I was with the wife and ya know there is never enough room for her shoes, clothes, (fill in the blank)etc. So she wears the backpack

BTW did have a blast

Old 12-21-2015, 04:11 PM
Norms 427
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 16 Posts

Viking Bags on my 2008 1200C

Name:  Sportster_zps9573a630.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  136.3 KB

Old 12-22-2015, 02:45 AM
BensonUK
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hscic
Should look great when you are done....post some completed pics. Are the fairings Tsukaya, Memphis Shades, or aftermarket knockoff?

You must love your Jack Daniels...it's all over your bike...LOL
Tsukaya fairing with built in audio, was worried it would have been too large but it is no wider than my bars.
And the JD just gives it an identity and takes it away from the norm, not that it currently looks like any other bike

Old 12-22-2015, 08:54 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by BensonUK
Tsukaya fairing with built in audio, was worried it would have been too large but it is no wider than my bars.
And the JD just gives it an identity and takes it away from the norm, not that it currently looks like any other bike
I wanted to order the Tsukaya fairing but it only came with audio. Liked the look of their fairing, Their bags are built solid so figured their fairings are also quality products.

When you have a chance, please provide link to the windshield you bought on ebay in case my flared windshield does not deflect wind as I hope.

Thanks. JD and riding not a good mix...LOL Ride safe.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:33 AM
BensonUK
Road Captain

you have PM buddy

Has anyone had any success with lower fairings?
I know the chances are they won't fit every set engine bars but wondered if I could cut and then fibreglass something that would fit to my bike.
I might also just buy a single HD version one to use as a test fit as most of the ones on ebay are ABS plastic and picking up the HD ones bit by bit might be a cheaper option in the long run

Old 12-24-2015, 02:06 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Replaced my 5" batwing fairing windshield with a 6" flared dark smoke windshield. Hopefully the windshield will be more functional and deflect the wind over my head and not into my face as did the 5" windshield. At least IMHO, it looks a little more stylish...lol. Will test ride on Christmas eve.

Update 12/24: Wind still hits my face but it is not from the direct airflow coming off the windshield so it is mild and comfortable. Not ideal but much better with a clear view over the windshield.

Last edited by hscic; 12-24-2015 at 05:01 PM.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:44 AM
Madison Bill
Road Warrior

Received 1,031 Likes on 509 Posts

Just bolt on one more piece and you could have this!

Old 12-24-2015, 09:32 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Madison Bill
Just bolt on one more piece and you could have this!
LOL that is way cool...and it has a rack for a cooler. All you need is a place to put your golf clubs...haha.

Quick Reply: Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger