Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015 | 01:05 PM
hscic
|
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by kingxirol
Hmm?? The link takes me to only one eBay posting for Mutazu batwing fairing. Did I miss something here? All the pics are of the same fairing.
Referring to the three pictures below the large one. Yeah website does not appear to have the option to select so I guess the main pic is the one you have. The three pics are pics of three difference fairing.

Old 09-10-2015 | 01:40 PM
kingxirol
Road Master

Originally Posted by hscic
Referring to the three pictures below the large one. Yeah website does not appear to have the option to select so I guess the main pic is the one you have. The three pics are pics of three difference fairing.
I believe they all are of the same fairing. Or I am not seeing the difference ... after all it's getting closer to weekend which diminishes the thinking capabilities.

Old 09-10-2015 | 07:09 PM
Staggie
Cruiser

My wife's 2000 1200C.. I'm debating actually getting her a gel or fiberglass shield up front. She won't ride without a windshield now.

Old 09-10-2015 | 09:14 PM
hscic
|
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Staggie
My wife's 2000 1200C.. I'm debating actually getting her a gel or fiberglass shield up front. She won't ride without a windshield now.

That is a nice bike! Nice windshield too....not too big. I presume your wife wants more wind/bug protection..lol

Old 09-10-2015 | 09:26 PM
Staggie
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hscic
That is a nice bike! Nice windshield too....not too big. I presume your wife wants more wind/bug protection..lol
She's barely 5'3".. That windshield is basically a tall for her lol. With the Burley shocks lowers the bike where she can barely flat foot. With her Joe Rocket Boots, she can touch with no issues.

Old 09-10-2015 | 11:13 PM
hscic
|
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Staggie
She's barely 5'3".. That windshield is basically a tall for her lol. With the Burley shocks lowers the bike where she can barely flat foot. With her Joe Rocket Boots, she can touch with no issues.
I am just a tad taller. I have the bury slammer. The seat also makes a big difference. I had a Lepera Aviator Solo and I could barely flat foot. With the mustang tripper fastback, I can plant both feet on the ground, but of course you sacrifice some comfort.

Old 09-11-2015 | 06:08 AM
EXNAUTI
Advanced

Thanks. It's an ABS fairing from eBay (weblink).
Kingxirol,
Where you happy with the windshield it came with or did you modify it?
(Can't tell in your sig pic - it looks smaller.)
Were you able to position it up/down enough to get the best wind flow?
On my old V-star, I had a windshield with home-made lowers, top of shield was just below my eye level & the wind flow was perfect. It directed wind just over my helmet & lowers eliminated all the body buffeting.

Old 09-11-2015 | 10:46 AM
kingxirol
Road Master
Originally Posted by EXNAUTI
Kingxirol,
Where you happy with the windshield it came with or did you modify it?
(Can't tell in your sig pic - it looks smaller.)
Were you able to position it up/down enough to get the best wind flow?
On my old V-star, I had a windshield with home-made lowers, top of shield was just below my eye level & the wind flow was perfect. It directed wind just over my helmet & lowers eliminated all the body buffeting.
I couldn't be happier with this setup. Do wish the windshield was a slightly higher quality though.
I didn't modify the dimensions of the windshield as such but had to drill a couple of holes for bolting upper mounts. For my stature it it perfect where it just comes below the eye-level. But the handlebar mounts that I finagled are adjustable for angle and height so that is there. I get air on my upper face (which is what I want) but no helmet buffeting or wind gust even above 90mph speeds. I don't have any lowers though but never really felt the need.

Old 09-11-2015 | 12:21 PM
EXNAUTI
Advanced

I couldn't be happier with this setup. Do wish the windshield was a slightly higher quality though.
I didn't modify the dimensions of the windshield as such but had to drill a couple of holes for bolting upper mounts. For my stature it it perfect where it just comes below the eye-level. But the handlebar mounts that I finagled are adjustable for angle and height so that is there. I get air on my upper face (which is what I want) but no helmet buffeting or wind gust even above 90mph speeds. I don't have any lowers though but never really felt the need.
Nice!
Hey did you repaint it or use it as it came?
My bikes the sierra red - wonder what my chances would be of finding a good rattle can match in Krylon for plastics?
(although if it's black it wouldn't look bad either.)
I'm really leaning towards grabbing that fairing and some new bars for my winter project!
If you ever get a minute in the next couple months, to take a few more pics (like front on, sides, back) and post them here, it would be much appreciated!

Old 09-11-2015 | 12:38 PM
sgthwjack
Cruiser

Originally Posted by EXNAUTI
Nice!
Hey did you repaint it or use it as it came?
My bikes the sierra red - wonder what my chances would be of finding a good rattle can match in Krylon for plastics?
(although if it's black it wouldn't look bad either.)
I'm really leaning towards grabbing that fairing and some new bars for my winter project!
If you ever get a minute in the next couple months, to take a few more pics (like front on, sides, back) and post them here, it would be much appreciated!
I've had excellent results from these people on the automotive side. Not inexpensive but high quality. Just another option.

http://www.paintscratch.com/

Quick Reply: Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger