Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 12:32 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member
Received 547 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by GMRO
Wanted to ask...didnt you post a while back you had plans on XIEDS? But you got Dynajet Powervision?

Wondering as I'm looking into the PV for my Sportstour. The basic not pro. Which one you have and you like? 1 plug into dataport?

Thanks!
A sticky on Powervision for your reading pleasure....
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/ignit...-by-admin.html

Old 09-06-2015, 02:15 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Relocated my horn from between the down tubes to the left side between to two cylinders with a 08 XL1200C horn mount. Installed a Kuryakyn Deluxe 7742 Wolo Air Horn. Wow it is loud....it sounds like a car horn. No more will anyone cut me off or drift into my lane.

Last edited by hscic; 09-06-2015 at 03:29 AM.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:19 AM
kingxirol
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hscic
Relocated my horn from between the down tubes to the left side between to two cylinders with a 08 XL1200C horn mount. Installed a Kuryakyn Deluxe 7742 Wolo Air Horn. Wow it is loud....it sounds like a car horn. No more will anyone cut me off or drift into my lane.

Very nice hscic! This is what I also attempted a couple of months ago although unsuccessfully. Would you mind posting a how-to video or post here on the forum please?

Old 09-07-2015, 11:00 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by kingxirol
Very nice hscic! This is what I also attempted a couple of months ago although unsuccessfully. Would you mind posting a how-to video or post here on the forum please?
Hey Kingxirol, haven't seen you on here for a while. Must have been busy making that great looking bike of yours even better.

I did not buy just the Wolo air horn. I bought the Kuryakyn Deluxe Wolo Air Horn 7742. The difference is that it also comes with the mounting bracket that centers the horn between the cylinders vs using the Wolo horn mounting which is off-centered and a wiring harness which connects to the relay....the wolo horn comes with the relay which is needed so you don't fry your horn switch.

The harness makes it simple to connect everything - don't even need a video. Couldn't find an install video on youtube so just used the instructions. Since the instructions were vague as to where to place the negative wire from the existing horn on the bike, I ask Wolo if it was supposed to be connected to the negative on the Wolo horn - they said yes.

As mentioned, the wire harness is connected to the relay. The harness has two wires that connect to positive and negative on the battery. The remaining wire goes to the horn and has two positive connectors (female and male). The female goes to the male positive on the wolo horn and the male positive connects to the female positive from the switch wire that was disconnected from the existing horn on the bike. The female negative from the switch wire that was disconnected from the existing horn on the bike goes to the male negative on the Wolo horn.

Then you are done. The hardest part is rerouting the wires. I still need to remove the tank to reroute the wires from the existing horn. Right now it is running directly to the wolo horn outside of the tank which I did with caution making sure it does not contact the engine.

If you buy just the wolo horn with the relay, the wiring is a little different. The wires from the existing horn are connected to 86 (I think positive)/85 (I think negative) on the relay. Connector 30 on the relay goes to the positive on the battery and 87 on the relay goes to the positive on the wolo horn. The negative on the wolo horn needs to be grounded to the frame or go to the negative on the battery.

Anyway hope that helps. I think I saw your post on the electrical issue. It could be you fried your horn switch if you did not have a relay. I would think though that your fuse would have blown first. So I agree with Kevin that it could be your charging system or a combination of both issues. Good luck....hope it is a simple fix so you can get back on the saddle.

Last edited by hscic; 09-08-2015 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:22 AM
kingxirol
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Hey Kingxirol, haven't seen you on here for a while. Must have been busy making that great looking bike of yours even better.

I did not buy just the Wolo air horn. I bought the Kuryakyn Deluxe Wolo Air Horn 7742. The difference is that it also comes with the mounting bracket that centers the horn between the cylinders vs using the Wolo horn mounting which is off-centered and a wiring harness which connects to the relay....the wolo horn comes with the relay which is needed so you don't fry your horn switch.

The harness makes it simple to connect everything - don't even need a video. Couldn't find a install video on youtube so just used the instructions. Since the instructions was vague about the negative wire on from the existing horn on the bike so I ask Wolo if it was supposed to be connected to the negative on the Wolo horn - they said yes.

As mentioned, the wire harness is connected to the relay. The harness has two wires that connect to positive and negative on the battery. The remaining wire goes to the horn and has two positive connectors (female and male). The female goes to the male positive on the wolo horn and the male positive connects to the female positive from the switch wire that was disconnected from the existing horn on the bike. The female negative from the switch wire that was disconnected from the existing horn on the bike goes to the male negative on the Wolo horn.

Then you are done. The hardest part is rerouting the wires. I still need to remove the tank to reroute the wires from the existing horn. Right now it is running directly to the wolo horn outside of the tank which I did with caution making sure it does not contact the engine.

If you buy just the wolo horn with the relay, the wiring is a little different since you need to wire directly to the relay.

Anyway hope that helps. I think I saw your post on the electrical issue. It could be you fried your horn switch if you did not have a relay. I would think though that your fuse would have blown first. So I agree with Kevin that it could be your charging system or a combination of both issues. Good luck....hope it is a simple fix so you can get back on the saddle.
Thanks brother. It does help. Work schedule is not letting me spend too much time in saddle but I am hoping to get out more as the schedule permits. However once I get this electrical issue out of the way, I plan to install the same Kuryakyn Wolo horn that you have. It looks real sharp and I bet it would be loud enough too to wake up all those texting morons in cages.

Old 09-07-2015, 07:14 PM
sgthwjack
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

This is mine, picked a set of mint Harley bags on Ebay for half price. Would like to have a skirted front fender but haven't found one to fit the narrow forks.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:11 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by sgthwjack
This is mine, picked a set of mint Harley bags on Ebay for half price. Would like to have a skirted front fender but haven't found one to fit the narrow forks.
Looks good and good deal too. Do you have braces for the bags to ensure it doesn't contact your moving parts?

Old 09-07-2015, 10:34 PM
sgthwjack
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks good and good deal too. Do you have braces for the bags to ensure it doesn't contact your moving parts?
The bags have a hard back that mounts to a metal frame. Has a space to clear the shock, just outside of the swingarm.

Old 09-08-2015, 12:56 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

The bags have a hard back that mounts to a metal frame. Has a space to clear the shock, just outside of the swingarm.

Cool...thanks for the pic. Just looked rather close in your original pics. Looks like your are good to go with your bagger! Ride safe!

Old 09-08-2015, 04:05 AM
Proteus
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Would like to have a skirted front fender but haven't found one to fit the narrow forks.
They are out there.

https://www.google.be/search?q=sport...cZsv3wcXezM%3A

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/7100180

I'm looking for a skirted fender for a mid-glide and they do not exist...

The following users liked this post:
Sportster Kelly (09-06-2016)

Quick Reply: Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger