Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 06:15 PM
Justin Essig
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 1200 C Bagging it out.

Just bought this beauty. Chiseled 12 bars. Küryakyn iso grips. Vtwin mini adjustable floorboards. Internal wired Bars. Signal relocation front. Still waiting on parts for the rear. VH short shots exhaust. K&N intake. TMS motor sports hard bags. So far.

FUTURE MODS.
Sundowner
Full front cyclevision fairing
SISSY BAR BACK REST
And audio system
Kenwood media deck
Kicker 6.5 marines x4

I swapped to this from a 2011 ultra limited with everything. Why? Because 500 lbs lighter and alot more nimble.

Looking for friends and a club in Mn area.

Ziggy

Just finished full sized FLH BAG INSTALL

Left side

Right side

Last edited by Justin Essig; 06-27-2015 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something
Old 06-27-2015, 06:40 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member
Received 547 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin Essig
Just bought this beauty. Chiseled 12 bars. Küryakyn iso grips. Vtwin mini adjustable floorboards. Internal wired Bars. Signal relocation front. Still waiting on parts for the rear. VH short shots exhaust. K&N intake. TMS motor sports hard bags. So far.

FUTURE MODS.
Sundowner
Full front cyclevision fairing
SISSY BAR BACK REST
And audio system
Kenwood media deck
Kicker 6.5 marines x4

I swapped to this from a 2011 ultra limited with everything. Why? Because 500 lbs lighter and alot more nimble.

Looking for friends and a club in Mn area.

Ziggy

Just finished full sized FLH BAG INSTALL

Left side

Right side
Congrats on your new ride. Lookin good! Post pics of the progress on your mods.

Last edited by hscic; 06-27-2015 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:28 PM
oldsoldier181
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 14,586 Likes on 4,795 Posts

So, I am looking to upgrade my current saddlebags (a cheap throwover I picked up off CL) to something more significant next year. I really like the looks of the viking bags. To those that use them-whats your verdict? I plan on hard mounting them, and will be doing the turn signal relocation over the winter. On their site they list the price-is that per bag, or is that for a pair? Thanks!

Old 07-09-2015, 08:11 PM
GMRO
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by hscic
Just sharing for those who are looking for handlebar mounts for your mobile device (cell, gps, gopro, etc). I purchased these through Techmount for my PowerVision Tuner so I can monitor things like engine temp, rpm, battery voltage, and gear on my bagger. It is an older version high quality mount, but there are gen3 and gen4 mounts available.

Wanted to ask...didnt you post a while back you had plans on XIEDS? But you got Dynajet Powervision?

Wondering as I'm looking into the PV for my Sportstour. The basic not pro. Which one you have and you like? 1 plug into dataport?

Thanks!

Old 07-09-2015, 09:23 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by GMRO
Wanted to ask...didnt you post a while back you had plans on XIEDS? But you got Dynajet Powervision?

Wondering as I'm looking into the PV for my Sportstour. The basic not pro. Which one you have and you like? 1 plug into dataport?

Thanks!
I originally had ViEDs. They worked okay but had limitations. Was looking for a tuner. It was between FM Micro EFI and PV with Autotune....got the PV since I liked the additional feature like gauges. I had a HD digital gear indicator and that alone cost me like $230 so the PV was well worth the extra bucks. I believe the PV (basic and pro) is the same unit, it is the additional stuff you need to buy to run the pro on the PV. It is connected to the grey harness (mine has 4 holes...it depends on the year if it is 6) by the battery. Since it is a flash tuner, you do not need to leave it on the bike. Very simple.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:56 AM
GMRO
Road Captain

I originally had ViEDs. They worked okay but had limitations. Was looking for a tuner. It was between FM Micro EFI and PV with Autotune....got the PV since I liked the additional feature like gauges. I had a HD digital gear indicator and that alone cost me like $230 so the PV was well worth the extra bucks. I believe the PV (basic and pro) is the same unit, it is the additional stuff you need to buy to run the pro on the PV. It is connected to the grey harness (mine has 4 holes...it depends on the year if it is 6) by the battery. Since it is a flash tuner, you do not need to leave it on the bike. Very simple.
I've got an e-mail into the company, FM, and if they can answer a few questions for me I'm likely PV bound. I've 2 bikes and would like to use it on both. If they license it that way. To me from what I've seen its a solid unit and I like the features.

THANKS!

Old 07-10-2015, 07:17 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

I've got an e-mail into the company, FM, and if they can answer a few questions for me I'm likely PV bound. I've 2 bikes and would like to use it on both. If they license it that way. To me from what I've seen its a solid unit and I like the features.

THANKS!
Although I bought my unit from DK Customs, I use FuelMoto for the customer/technical support. DK partnered with FM to sell the PV. FuelMoto is great. I worked with Jamie on my tune. Very knowledgeable and responsvie. Although I only have one bike, it's cool that one unit can be used on multiple bikes by licensing each. Many units are paired/marired and can't be used on any other bike.

You will love the PV with Autotune. After you flash your custom tune based on your mods and run autotune to iimprove the tune to your riding style and conditions, ask Jamie to tweak the autotune. I posted my AF tables somewhere on here.

Have fun with it and happy tuning. I love it.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:23 AM
GMRO
Road Captain

Although I bought my unit from DK Customs, I use FuelMoto for the customer/technical support. DK partnered with FM to sell the PV. FuelMoto is great. I worked with Jamie on my tune. Very knowledgeable and responsvie. Although I only have one bike, it's cool that one unit can be used on multiple bikes by licensing each. Many units are paired/marired and can't be used on any other bike.

You will love the PV with Autotune. After you flash your custom tune based on your mods and run autotune to iimprove the tune to your riding style and conditions, ask Jamie to tweak the autotune. I posted my AF tables somewhere on here.

Have fun with it and happy tuning. I love it.
I didn't know DK/Kevin was authorized to sell that item. I PM'd him yesterday with a few questions as well. Just trying to get a handle on the 2 bike pricing and how it works. I've not heard back from either FM or DK yet. I do think the basic PV is what I'll get. Really don't want to mess with O2 sensors etc. Just plug and play and flash.

To me, tinkering is part of the hobby. And I'd like to have 2 bikes set up with this - if affordable...

I appreciate your reply and info BRO! And again - super nice bike you got there too!!!

Old 07-10-2015, 08:04 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

I didn't know DK/Kevin was authorized to sell that item. I PM'd him yesterday with a few questions as well. Just trying to get a handle on the 2 bike pricing and how it works. I've not heard back from either FM or DK yet. I do think the basic PV is what I'll get. Really don't want to mess with O2 sensors etc. Just plug and play and flash.

To me, tinkering is part of the hobby. And I'd like to have 2 bikes set up with this - if affordable...

I appreciate your reply and info BRO! And again - super nice bike you got there too!!!
Thanks for the compliment. Kevin went on a long trip and suppose to be back sometime in July so he may not be as responsive as he usually is. Devin helped me with my questions, but he is super busy and probably checks his email in the evenings. I went with DK since their customer support on products is next to none...they always make good on their products. I buy with confidence when going with DK knowing I will not have any issues with the product or customer service.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:08 PM
dburnout
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Hogie_gt
Yes, I like the bags. No, they are not the nice streamlined look but, they are large capacity. I have carried a gallon of milk in the bags along with a few groceries. The bike is practical the way I have it set up and yet is still a real joy to ride.

It pains me that I can't ride now!
Which bags are those? I like the look

Quick Reply: Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger