Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 02:02 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member
Received 547 Likes on 466 Posts

Did a few more mods on my 2011 Sportster Low XL1200L

Installed a new Chrome Bobber Cover on my Outlaw 587 from DK Customs
Rush 3” Balogna cut slip-ons with 2” baffles
HD Mini Footboard Kit-Large Chrome
HD Chrome Bar & Shield Shifter Peg Kit
Wolo 3” Chrome 117 Decibels Low Tone (320Hz) Horn
American Oval Short Stem Mirrors

Last edited by hscic; 04-12-2015 at 02:54 AM.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:39 AM
kingxirol
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Hscic - this is a nice set of mods. Do post a ride test report on the mini-floorboards. Also are you planning to mount a windshield as well? Don't remember seeing one on your bike. Nonetheless it's looking better and better with each round of changes.

Also it looks like we both were busy in garage yesterday night ... I'm just about done with fashioning a custom mounted tour-pack. Will post update in a day or two.

Last edited by kingxirol; 04-12-2015 at 06:42 AM.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:33 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by kingxirol
Hscic - this is a nice set of mods. Do post a ride test report on the mini-floorboards. Also are you planning to mount a windshield as well? Don't remember seeing one on your bike. Nonetheless it's looking better and better with each round of changes.

Also it looks like we both were busy in garage yesterday night ... I'm just about done with fashioning a custom mounted tour-pack. Will post update in a day or two.
Thanks Kingxirol. I had a HD quick release windshield on my bike but I took it off and sold it since I like the free flow air and clear view (I do wear a 3/4 helmet with shield for protection). I do not go on long runs. Here is a pic when I had it on.

So far the mini footboards feel great...very comfortable. The reason I changed out my skull foot pegs was my feet use to slip off the pegs when it rains....thank goodness for handbrakes.

Your bike looks great with your latest fairing upgrade. Please do post pics when you are done with your next mods...I think you spend more time in the garage than I do....lol.

Weather on the mainland seems to be warming up. Ride Safe

Last edited by hscic; 04-12-2015 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:05 PM
Guzzi
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 98 Posts

I have the same skull foot pegs. Moved them to the engine guards to stretch out a bit. Have them positioned to rest my heels on the floorboards, and toes on the pegs.

Old 04-12-2015, 01:35 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Guzzi
I have the same skull foot pegs. Moved them to the engine guards to stretch out a bit. Have them positioned to rest my heels on the floorboards, and toes on the pegs.
Hmmmm pegs on the engine guard...that's an idea instead of selling them on CL. I believe you posted a pic of your set-up on another thread on footboards. If that was not you, please send over some pics of your set-up. I would have gone that route if I could not get a HD dealer to ship the footboards to my location. Thanks

Last edited by hscic; 04-12-2015 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:58 PM
Guzzi
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by hscic
Hmmmm pegs on the engine guard...that's an idea instead of selling them on CL. I believe you posted a pic of your set-up on another thread on footboards. If that was not you, please send over some pics of your set-up. I would have gone that route if I could not get a HD dealer to ship the footboards to my location. Thanks
I used the 360 Degree Adjustable Highway Peg Mount Kit with the Skull footrest mounted to them. http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-peg-mount-kit
Took some minor adjustments to get the final location just right.I recommend using some clear 2 inch tape on the guards to prevent scratching them during adjustment. You can see them mounted in my signature pic. If you need better pics, pm me a phone number or e mail that they can be sent to.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:26 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Guzzi
I used the 360 Degree Adjustable Highway Peg Mount Kit with the Skull footrest mounted to them. http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-peg-mount-kit
Took some minor adjustments to get the final location just right.I recommend using some clear 2 inch tape on the guards to prevent scratching them during adjustment. You can see them mounted in my signature pic. If you need better pics, pm me a phone number or e mail that they can be sent to.
I have mid-controls so would be nice to stretch out on the freeways. Thanks for the link. I see where you placed it. Thanks for sharing.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:35 PM
kingxirol
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Okay so the cheapo eBay tour trunk went on the bike today. Size and fit are perfect for a Sportster. Mounting took time mainly in figuring out how to use the hardware that came with it. Finally I said to hell with it and used some pieces of the hardware to mount it directly to the luggage rack (I got the one for Softail models which is a tad wider than standard Sports luggage rack for Sportsters). This way the mounting area is bigger resulting in a more secure system. The best part of using this method is that the whole thing is now quick-detach and comes off in less than 10 seconds.

Hopefully it doesn't look too out of place ... and I know the front turn signals are facing slightly upwards ...

Rear view

Front view

Side view

Old 04-12-2015, 03:54 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Kingxirol, wow nice set-up. Contours look great from the rear...really matches the bags well. Lucky passenger with that comfy backrest. Now you are ready for an adventure. Your Sportster "Touring" Bagger...lol. Thanks for your post.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:36 PM
wanabe
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my "Sports-tour" !

Quick Reply: Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger