Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 03:14 PM
skypeace
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Arrow

KingXirol, cool bike and I have a lot of questions, first, which bars are those, I notice you re-used the original riser which I would like to do for my mini-apes, I am thinking of ordering 10" Krome Werks so that I can use a 14" apes cable extension kit for my lines and cables?

Also, do you think you can post a complete side view or profile of your bike as I would like to see what the rise angle looks like with those bars and the rake angle of the front end. Thanks and keep the shiny side up!

Originally Posted by kingxirol
Looks good. Also here are a few updated pics of my "baggster" after painting and mounting the Heritage Softail type skirted front fender. Sorry for not being able to pass up the opportunity to shamelessly plug these in there when i have another thread going for it. I figured since this is supposed to be the "official" bagger thread, why not.

Old 02-22-2015, 04:41 PM
kingxirol
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by skypeace
KingXirol, cool bike and I have a lot of questions, first, which bars are those, I notice you re-used the original riser which I would like to do for my mini-apes, I am thinking of ordering 10" Krome Werks so that I can use a 14" apes cable extension kit for my lines and cables?

Also, do you think you can post a complete side view or profile of your bike as I would like to see what the rise angle looks like with those bars and the rake angle of the front end. Thanks and keep the shiny side up!
Thanks skypeace! These are old school buckhorns. Very similar to these on eBay except mine have 8" rise and 7.5" pullback.

With 4.5" stock riser overall height is roughly 12" which works perfectly for my short-a$$ stature. I was able to use all stock cables and front brakeline. Had to twist the brakeline a little bit though. The front-end is a direct swap with 2012 SuperLow (mid-glide front-end with fatter 120mm tire on 18" stock cast wheel). Zero degree rake.

I realize that there are no side-profile pics at the moment but I will take one at work tomorrow and PM you later in the evening.

Old 02-22-2015, 07:44 PM
AFisher
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After look at all the Pics on this thread, and reading most of the posts, I come to this question.
I ride a '08 Nightster, is there no bag setup (non-throwover) that I don't have to relo the turn signals?

I've seen some of the swingarm bags, just not sure if that's what I want or not, but it seems my options are limited... unless I relocate the signals

Old 02-22-2015, 08:54 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member
Received 547 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by AFisher
After look at all the Pics on this thread, and reading most of the posts, I come to this question.
I ride a '08 Nightster, is there no bag setup (non-throwover) that I don't have to relo the turn signals?

I've seen some of the swingarm bags, just not sure if that's what I want or not, but it seems my options are limited... unless I relocate the signals
When I was researching bags, I did see a couple of bags that you can leave the turn signals where it is. Saddlemen has a few. Hear are a few links from J&P doing a quick search:

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/831-878
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/831-283
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/505-602

Good luck

Last edited by hscic; 02-22-2015 at 09:38 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:31 PM
tgrey
Advanced

LeatherPros.com has a set of bags that don't require signal relocation, but it doesn't look like they're shown on the page. When I bought my bags, the catalog they came with showed them.

It doesn't look like they update their page ever... they still say they'll update soon with new pics of the bags with locks, but the page said that a year ago when I bought mine too. Maybe you could try calling the company and asking?

My bags from them were *not* cheap, much more expensive than viking... but they're also quick-detach which adds a fair bit to the cost.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:37 PM
CJ's Mom
Advanced
Default My 2013 XL1200CP

Just put on the solo seat and love it .

Name:  IMG_1364_zps151c2d06.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  106.6 KB

Rhonda

Old 02-22-2015, 11:41 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member
Received 547 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by CJ's Mom
Just put on the solo seat and love it .

Rhonda
Beautiful bike!

Old 02-23-2015, 12:53 AM
Michael Ficken
Advanced

Here is my baby!!!

Attached Thumbnails Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger-img_1993-2.jpg  
Old 02-23-2015, 03:45 AM
BensonUK
Road Captain
Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

I think you have found the solution yourself as most bags will interfere with your turn signals
I ended up replacing mine and moving them into the bags themselves as it was a lot cheaper than using s relocation kit

Old 02-23-2015, 11:05 AM
Michael Ficken
Advanced

If you look at mine, I built a frame out of aluminum and mounted my lights to it behind the bags.

Quick Reply: Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger