Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2020, 04:13 AM
Andy from Sandy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,996 Likes on 2,550 Posts

Some say the testing is just another tax to drive but when you see some of the death traps it is scary.

Old 03-23-2020, 12:26 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,709 Likes on 1,141 Posts

As governments tend to do, ours was overreaching on the safety testing. They used it to look in peoples cars and arrests were made based on what they saw, when the constitution clearly states they cannot do this without just cause. The case went to Supreme Court, and the citizens won. We take government overreach seriously around here.

Old 04-16-2020, 08:46 AM
Luca Manni
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

ON IRON TRADER NEWS USA:

https://irontradernews.com/valeria-baggerina/

see the article, last photos and video

Last edited by Luca Manni; 04-16-2020 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04-16-2020, 12:32 PM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member

Nice write up on the bike, and an extra nice touch hearing your wife's input and reasons for her choices.

The following users liked this post:
Luca Manni (04-17-2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 09:44 AM
Roman Weaver
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is mine.

2002 XLH1200C

The following 2 users liked this post by Roman Weaver:
hscic (05-12-2020), Pete Robertson (08-20-2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 10:04 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member
Received 547 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by Roman Weaver
Here is mine.

2002 XLH1200C
Awesome job brother....all you need is to replace your stock front fender to match the rear lol. check out sumax.

Just playing with you bro...it looks good the way it is. It is always an endless task when doing mods to your ride to make it your own...have fun.

Last edited by hscic; 05-12-2020 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-12-2020, 10:18 AM
Roman Weaver
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by hscic
Awesome job brother....all you need is to replace your stock front fender to match the rear lol. check out sumax.
What fender is that? I have been looking at that kind of one but was not sure which to purchase. I also have highway bars going on this week and covers for the lid speakers

Old 05-12-2020, 11:08 AM
handirifle
Seasoned HDF Member

Roman Weaver, that is some nice work. I sold my sportster and got a factory bagger, BUT in my head, I had the exhaust design for a sportster bagger, that would compliment those bags perfectly. My idea is pretty much equal length pipes. The front would come back normally, to the rear of the engine, where it would meet with the rear, coming down slightly forward of factory, but meeting in an X with the front. The front would exit and climb slightly to a height to fit in the bag extension.
The rear would exit the X and pass under and behind the engine, and match the line of the other side. This would only work on a rigid mount, and would require the saddlebag mounting bar, like the touring bikes use to sit the bag on. I think that bar could be supported by the subframe, much like touring bikes.

Just saying all this, because having a muffler on either side, inside those extensions, would really finish that mini Street Glide off.

Old 05-12-2020, 11:13 AM
Roman Weaver
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by hscic

Just playing with you bro...it looks good the way it is. It is always an endless task when doing mods to your ride to make it your own...have fun.
Oh, no worries. I really am looking for a front fender to offset the look of the front end and with some highway bars i think that will give it an outstanding look.

Old 05-12-2020, 11:19 AM
Roman Weaver
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by handirifle
Roman Weaver, that is some nice work. I sold my sportster and got a factory bagger, BUT in my head, I had the exhaust design for a sportster bagger, that would compliment those bags perfectly. My idea is pretty much equal length pipes. The front would come back normally, to the rear of the engine, where it would meet with the rear, coming down slightly forward of factory, but meeting in an X with the front. The front would exit and climb slightly to a height to fit in the bag extension.
The rear would exit the X and pass under and behind the engine, and match the line of the other side. This would only work on a rigid mount, and would require the saddlebag mounting bar, like the touring bikes use to sit the bag on. I think that bar could be supported by the subframe, much like touring bikes.

Just saying all this, because having a muffler on either side, inside those extensions, would really finish that mini Street Glide off.
Thanks for the compliment. I have been working really hard on making it clean and with good lines. I would love to get the exhaust on to both sides of the bike but not sure how to do that with a Sportster. May have to be custom.

Quick Reply: Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger