Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holy crap what a morning I had

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 01:53 PM
crawrj
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Holy crap what a morning I had

Wow I had one hell of a morning. It has been raining and storming for over a week. Today was the start of some nice sunny and dry weather. So I start my routine as always. I am thrilled that I get to ride the bike today. I pull it out of the garage and go to turn it around when the back tire dropped off the driveway. I think, ok no problem it's only a couple inches on the lip. What I had forgotten is that between all of the normal rain and that spot being right where the gutter drains, it turned it into a nice mud hole. When I turned to look the tire was already sunken into the ground several inches. I tried for nearly 30 minutes to get it out. I'm alone and giving it all kinds of hell. If any of my neighbors were home they probably thought I had lost it. Finally I give up and go get one of my neighbors. Thank God he was home. A few seconds later it was free. I was covered in mud. The bike was covered in mud. I then realized that I had not turned off the bike while I was fighting it to get free. I turned it off and rolled it down to the sidewalk and began washing the mud off of everything. I dry the bike off and go to start it and click click click. I start yelling profanities again. Go get the extension cord and tender. Hook it all up and start putting everything else away. I strip in the garage and go change clothes. I'm really late for work but luckily it is a small company and they are easy going. I let it sit for about an hour and start it up. Put the rest of the stuff away and ride off to work.

Talk about starting your day off wrong. I know it could have been much worse. It's hella funny now but I was pissed at the time. But at least I have about a week of good weather in line so yay for that!

Old 10-17-2014, 03:07 PM
Guzzi
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 98 Posts

Yea.....but you got to ride today so it had to end up being a great day.

Old 10-17-2014, 03:11 PM
FLaVaZ
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pictured all of that going down as I read it, lmao. Im glad the bike came out alive and you are able to ride. Enjoy this weeks weather!

Old 10-17-2014, 06:28 PM
crawrj
Tourer

Yeah it was definitely a great day to ride so everything was great after that. And I laughed my *** off once I got to work thinking about the whole thing and picturing it in my head.

Old 10-17-2014, 07:45 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 136 Posts

While I was reading your story I kept thinking "NO, tell me he didn't drop it on it's side in the mud!" Glad the rest of the day turned out well for you.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:02 PM
crawrj
Tourer

Originally Posted by Deucedog
While I was reading your story I kept thinking "NO, tell me he didn't drop it on it's side in the mud!" Glad the rest of the day turned out well for you.
Lol you have no idea how close I came to doing just that. I had one hand on the grip and the other on the back. Rocking the heck out of it. It started to give but then started to tip. It took a lot to keep it up because I had worked my way closer to the back. And as soon as I recovered, it sank right back in place. Then in my fit of rage I considered throwing it on the side and dragging it out That is when I gave up and went for help.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:57 PM
DevilDog85
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you made it out of that mud hole safely without hurting the rise and yourself.