Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Short Shots Bracket?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 12:52 PM
BoredOutMyMind
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Short Shots Bracket?

I just bought a set of short shots for $150 without the bracket.
Do any of you have a bracket laying around or know where I can buy it for a 13 sportster?
I have been searching for the past two hours and couldn't find anything, i didn't realize it would be this hard to find one.

Old 10-11-2014, 01:05 PM
DrewBone
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

I suggest that you first contact V&H and see if they can afford you one, but if that fails, I've posted a link below that's currently here on the board that provides a good "how-to" install [w/images] of the Short Shots and bracket that you could perhaps glean some ideas about the design of the bracket and how it mounts, so if push came to shove you could fab one up yourself or with the help of someone else...

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...ort-shots.html

Best wishes.

=8^)

Old 10-11-2014, 03:59 PM
Ricketts
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just bought my short shots and haven't installed yet. If you'd like I can shoot you a picture and measurements of the brackets. I'm local to you so if you'd like to sketch it on a piece of paper, etc to try and make your own thats easy stuff too.

Old 10-11-2014, 10:57 PM
BoredOutMyMind
Cruiser

Or I can go down to fayetteville and just buy the bracket off of you lol
Thats a very generous offer man. As of right now, I'm going to keep trying to see if I can't find on, and if i can't I'll see if the guy will take them back and I'll just buy them off of ebay used with the bracket. For some reason I'm funny about welding a bracket together and putting it on my bike...I just have to see what happens, and if I end up do welding one, I'll talk to you

Old 10-13-2014, 08:55 AM
BoredOutMyMind
Cruiser

Just got off the phone with V&H and they are going to send one out for me for $68 and it'll be here in about four days. I was getting scared because I couldn't find one and thought I was going to be out $150.
I appreciate all the advice guys, I really do and thanks Ricketts for the generous offer, you guys are great!

Old 10-13-2014, 09:21 AM
Ricketts
Tourer

Originally Posted by BoredOutMyMind
Just got off the phone with V&H and they are going to send one out for me for $68 and it'll be here in about four days. I was getting scared because I couldn't find one and thought I was going to be out $150.
I appreciate all the advice guys, I really do and thanks Ricketts for the generous offer, you guys are great!
Sweet!!!! Glad to hear it worked out for you man.

No worries man.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:49 AM
DrewBone
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Just got off the phone with V&H and they are going to send one out for me for $68 and it'll be here in about four days. I was getting scared because I couldn't find one and thought I was going to be out $150. I appreciate all the advice guys, I really do and thanks Ricketts for the generous offer, you guys are great!

=8^)

Old 10-13-2014, 10:37 PM
BoredOutMyMind
Cruiser

When the bracket comes in I'll post a pick for you guys because I think its going to look pretty sweet.
They are blacked out short shots on a lucky green 72

Old 10-14-2014, 06:14 AM
Ricketts
Tourer

When the bracket comes in I'll post a pick for you guys because I think its going to look pretty sweet.
They are blacked out short shots on a lucky green 72
Sweet!! Haven't seen too many 72's in the area. Mine and a denim one. You doing the install yourself?

Old 10-14-2014, 11:34 AM
BoredOutMyMind
Cruiser

I am sir. I can't wait for the bracket to come in! I have a question though. the pipes i bought will supposedly fit my bike says the guy, I know if thats the case, it will fit all sportsters 04-13... he said his buddy pulled them off of an 07 but i dont know if he knows what hes talking about because he said he tried to put them on his 01 and they didn't fit because they moved the rear master cylinder (keep in mind he didn't have a bracket)...heres my questions, if the pipes aren't for my year bike, would the bracket help them fit? how could I tell by looking at my pipes

Quick Reply: Short Shots Bracket?