Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

Niagara Falls to Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014 | 08:56 PM
Norm07
|
Intermediate
Default Niagara Falls to Las Vegas

My S/O and I are planning on heading west during the last week of May, to Las Vegas, Hoover Dam area. We are figuring 3 + weeks. Few questions for the experienced travellers either living in that area or have travelled our intended direction...Niagara Falls to Las Vegas...

Travelling through Denver over the Rockies what's anyone's best guess on the weather conditions around the 1st week of June? And are weather reports as we are approaching Denver accurate and reliable for the mountains(we did that area in Mid July and weather was perfect.)

We we would like to spend a few days in Las Vegas(never been there before)....but I'm not crazy about turning my ride over to a 20 year old valet...so...any ideas on a hotel, or an area we can look for a hotel that is not crazy busy, that is somewhat biker friendly and within walking distance to the strip.

Is there maybe somewhere else nice in that area not necessarily Las Vegas itself but close, that we could spend a few days and be able to get in some nice rides.

And ...whew!....finally is it worth spending a few days in the area of the Hoover dam, and where would that be? Or can the sights be reached easily when staying in Or around Las Vegas..

thanks
Steve