Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

Texas State HOG Rally

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 12:13 PM
cadillac
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas State HOG Rally

Hi to all you folks in the great state of Texas from the frozen tundra of Iowa. Wife & I were planning our 2 week vac this spring and are including the Tx State HOG rally in Amarilla on May 17-19. The Texas stop will come at the end of our 2 week excursion... after visiting Pueblo CO & Santa Fe NM. Looking forward to seeing the sights in Tx cause we havent been there before! Yet that is. So.. is anyone else from the Forum going to the Rally? I believe we will be staying at the KOA in a camping cabin there in Amarilla. Anyone from the area have any experiences at that particular campground to pass along? The Palo Duro Canyon looks like a great place to ride. Hope to see some of the Forum folks there!!

Bob

Old 02-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Harley Rulz
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Texas State HOG Rally

I wont be at the rally but I hope you enjoy the trip.Palo Duro canyon is nice but You need to come back down sometime and see more of Texas.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Helix
Tourer

A Few of Us in the DFW Area are considering it. Palo Duro Canyon area is a site to see. Especially between Lubbock andGuthrie areas on the back roads. Hope to see ya'll there!

Old 02-16-2007, 05:40 PM
murfe
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was considering going, but can't seem to get any riding buddies. 6 hours is not quite as fun alone.

Hope you have a nice trek!

Old 02-16-2007, 09:47 PM
bdgreen
Banned

Gonna be in the hill country area that weekend with a bunch of friends riding the Three Twisted Sisters. If you have enough time while you're here, give it a try. It's probably some of the best riding Texas has to offer.

Harley Rulz, if you're lookin' to ride that weekend give me a PM. Right now there's 6 bikes going and we welcome all.

Old 02-17-2007, 01:28 AM
Harley Rulz
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a good deal Billy.I'll try to make it happen.It shouldn't be a problem.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:09 AM
Big Tex
Road Captain

Cadillac,

I will probably be there, being how I am only 45 minutes from Amarillo. You said something about seeing the sights in Texas? There isn't much to see around here other than Palo Duro Canyon. Be warned though...that time of year is usually pretty damn windy(it's always windy here)and our best chance for nasty storms(tornadoes and hail) are from the middle of April to the end of June.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:44 PM
Ratbasturd
Road Master

If all your hittin is the panhandle you aint seein much of Texas. I lived in Seattle for 2 years and it is funny how many people hit Dallas and the panhandle area and think they have seen Texas.

Let see there is the Alamo, Goliad, San Jacinto monument, the largest state capitol, Enchanted rock, Big Bend, the higland lakes, the river walk in San Antonio, the live music capitol of the world to name a few places, dang it looks like your gonna have to come visit more offten.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:36 PM
cadillac
Road Master

I wished we could have had more time too, but just couldnt swing it this trip. And we will be seeing a very small piece of TX.. there is much much more to explore. Another trip or 3 Im sure. The Rally website and schedules talked of 4 day trips out. PD Canyon was one. Breakfast there at 7:00am one morning. Rt 66 and Cadillac Ranch was another and there was a wildlife preserve I think. Just sounded like a great WARM ride. We are planning this trip from Iowa.. in the middle of sub zero temps. Being in Iowa we are aware of tornados and hail too. Last year we raced a hailstorm back to our cabin in the Badlands and made it back with 2 min to spare. Hope to run into you folks there.

bob

Old 03-30-2007, 02:44 AM
skullyface
Advanced

Don't forget the Texas coast. Corpus Christi, Galveston, South Padre Island, etc. CC is still one of my favorite destinations.

Quick Reply: Texas State HOG Rally