Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

Rot Rally ,Austin , Tx

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 07:51 PM
millzog
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 118 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Rot Rally ,Austin , Tx

Has anymore been to that event in the past , I was thinking about riding in from Az with a few friends to attend this year .
Can I get some feed back about it .

Thanks ,
Milz

Old 02-14-2011, 09:32 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Come on down, been the last 4 years in a roll. It's a damn good time with lots of places to ride too while your in town. To me it's been a blast, I've meet some great folks from out of state each time Ive been. Rode with most of them the last three years, got a few who let us know when they hit town. I'm sure you have checked out the ROT rally site, if your not camping then you may want to book a room now.
Cheer's from south Tejas!

Attached Thumbnails Rot Rally ,Austin , Tx-img_2048.jpg  
Old 02-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It hot, unorganized, hot, ***** everywhere, hot, lots of drinknig going on, hot, humid.........

Old 02-15-2011, 03:30 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Tx_Outlaw
It hot, unorganized, hot, ***** everywhere, hot, lots of drinknig going on, hot, humid.........
You forgot the traffic nightmare.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:19 AM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What traffic........ Don't forget... It's HOT

Old 02-15-2011, 11:07 AM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

I maybe HOT.........just keep your beer iced down and it's all good.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:44 PM
millzog
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 118 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by domenicp7
You forgot the traffic nightmare.

Well I can handle the heat ,humidity and traffic . But I would rather drink the cold beer and pinch some ******* !!!

Thanks guy`s for your insight on the Rally .... lol.

Ride safe ,

Milz

Old 02-15-2011, 09:58 PM
yellowtailfan
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been to ROT for the last 6 years. What you wanna know... DO NOT CAMP... I've drank enough beer in 42 years to fill 3 swiming pools... and camping sucks ! some drunk determined to burn out his sportster on a rock at 4:00 am will awaken you (. Find a hotel no farther than 11th street (walking distance to sixth street). get there by Friday midday... GO STRAIGHT TO COYOTE UGLY... Look for "O" 6.5. black dude COOL AS HELL. (don't **** him off). He's a nice guy and he works ROT & Sturgis. Good friends baby... good friends are hard to find. The parade is cool to watch go by... the swiming pool at a hotel is key... be smart. Sun screen on your drive down, long sleeve shirt for long distance commutes, drink your *** off when you arrive just dont get on your bike after you do. EVERYONE there has had one too many beers and still feel cool enough to drive their scoot. It's the best damn time you'll have. And all vendors are marked up beyond belief. Stay away... get a web address... buy online at discounted prices ( they prey on your beer and andrenaline. See you in austin brutha !

Old 02-20-2011, 05:44 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went year before last and had a good time…..camped out behind the Paradise Bar with some peeps that I met on the site’s forum. They were all cool as hell. If you drink enough beer – you aren’t going give a **** about having to sleep in a tent….. I personally love to camp and thought it was going to be miserably hot, but I was really surprised at just how decent it was. I mean, I was shitfaced every night and that probably made it seem better than it actually was, but I thought it was rather pleasant. Get a tent with good ventilation and you should be alright.

I personally just stayed in some of the local bars during the heat of the day…..it was just too brutally hot to be in that sun and heat during the peak of it. There are no shortage of nice air-conditioned bars that love to have the bikers hang out during ROT in Austin!

Hill Country is some pretty awesome riding too……it’s an easy ride out to Luckenbach which is something of a biker’s mecca that I wasn’t aware of…….some people even trek out the ‘Three Sisters’ during ROT. That was a bit more riding than I cared for and I already know about that area having lived in Uvalde, TX for a while myself with a Jeep that I explored the area in. Certainly would be some fantastic riding if you want to make the trip – it’s pretty famous as some of the best riding around.

The fairgrounds is the craziest party that I’ve even been to and that is saying something for me to say that. You might not be overwhelmed by how hot all the girls are, but there is certainly no shortage of skin…… I even saw some old lady and her husband like freakin’ 80 years old sitting in lawn chairs by the parade route with her top off – dayum I almost wish I hadn’t seen it! LOL Bring beads. They really don’t give a **** how nice the beads are, but I did get compliments for having some cool beads from some of the chicks who were special enough to get the nice ones.

You might try:
http://www.mardigrasimports.com/shop...ory-3-0-0.html

That’s who I bought from I think…..the Patriotic themed ones…..they were pretty cool!
Lots of cool places to eat too……you gotta hit the Salt Lick – a nice little ride and they have some really good BBQ. My favorite BBQ from Austin from when I lived there was Buster’s out at Lake Travis…..

http://www.busterslakeway.com/

They do what they call and H-Bomb that is really not to be missed……. You can check out The Oasis on Lake Travis while you’re out there……awesome view of Lake Travis – the food is ok too, but the view is spectacular!

Chuy’s and Güero's are sorta a local favorite for Mexican I guess….. I dig both of them. There are certainly a lot of little dives that have great Mexican/Texmex or whatever…… Jaun in A Million is pretty famous too I guess. I never ate there when I lived there, but tried it during ROT – it was alright. I had a mean hangover – so, I can’t really say if it was anything to write home about, but everyone seems to love it.

Wear your helmet…….they bust ***** for it apparently. I think I heard one dude in our group that got popped for it.

I enjoyed it…..I might go back someday even.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Forgot to add that you can get there as early as like Wednesday evening if you are a tent camper or have a trailer/rv. Check the site to confirm that. I know it’s at least a day before the rally actually starts. It was total debauchery the night that I got there before the actual rally started. There is some rule about topless not being against the law, but everyone has to keep their pants on. Well, there were no cops on duty that first night and the gotta wear your bottoms law was not being observed……. It was crazy!

About the funniest story of the trip…….this guy comes rolling in like Thursday evening from Saint Louis I believe or Kansas City – it was a long *** ride - and he’s a younger guy with some ink and he’s fired up about drinking some beer and going to see the chicks work the pole. Most of the rest of my crew that I met online were a little older or married……. So, we hit it off pretty well. He was taking pics of the ladies and got a shot of this older – like probably later 40s maybe even 50 something lady with big old fake ******* and the angle he got up her shorts was a pretty clear shot of her cooter……..he was reviewing it on his camera and turned around to the guy behind him and was like, ‘check this out!’ and the dude was like, ‘yeah, I know what it looks like – that’s my WIFE!’ LOL

Turns out this dude from Kansas was a cop……….LOL…… I never imagined going to a rally and ending up getting hammered with a cop watching the craziest party that I’ve ever seen, but it happened at ROT. Good times!

Quick Reply: Rot Rally ,Austin , Tx