Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

OK to Sturgis 2010

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 09:38 PM
SAG
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK to Sturgis 2010

Head'n to Sturgin in 2010. Any one else from the OKC area going?

Old 12-28-2009, 08:59 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SAG
Head'n to Sturgin in 2010. Any one else from the OKC area going?
I've already made my first and last Sturgis ride. Too many bikes and people for me. Don't care anything about all of the drunks either. To get on a bike while drinking is just crazy and I don't want to be anywhere around them. I've ridden for to long without an accident to be run over buy a drunk biker.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:20 AM
67riv
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess that means you can count bikes out

Old 12-30-2009, 01:12 AM
Ironkidzsled
Cruiser

I live in Van Alstyne Tx. and am thinkin about going

Old 01-01-2010, 04:55 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm going this year. Just made my reservations about two weeks ago. Last year I was planning on it and then changed my mind for the same reasons "bikes" above mentioned. I went to the Tail of the Dragon instead during that time period. I think it's just one of those things that everyone has to do at least once. I may love it and go every year after that, who knows? But I think I'd really enjoy it more a month before or a month after the rally so I could have the roads to myself and have a little serenity. We'll see though.

Old 01-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior

Wow! This got me to look at the Buffalo Chip website to see if those ‘early bird’ specials were as cheap as I thought they were last year and sure enough - $165 for seven days camping? Man, that’s tempting! ZZTop with that? And no telling who else.

I did the Republic of Texas last summer and spent a pretty penny on all activities included. I think it was $60 for like 5 days camping.

It would take a pretty serious gut check before I would make any plans on it. That’s a pretty good haul from OKC.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:37 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
I'm going this year. Just made my reservations about two weeks ago. Last year I was planning on it and then changed my mind for the same reasons "bikes" above mentioned. I went to the Tail of the Dragon instead during that time period. I think it's just one of those things that everyone has to do at least once. I may love it and go every year after that, who knows? But I think I'd really enjoy it more a month before or a month after the rally so I could have the roads to myself and have a little serenity. We'll see though.
Everyone should do Sturgis as an experience. Whether they like it or not is a personal choice. It's obvious that hundreds of thousands of rider like it or there would be so many go every year. I've got to admit. There are lots of nice bikes to look at and strange people as well. It's amazing what people will do to get attention.

Last edited by shortride; 01-10-2010 at 07:40 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:09 AM
jrstar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fastfwd
Wow! This got me to look at the Buffalo Chip website to see if those ‘early bird’ specials were as cheap as I thought they were last year and sure enough - $165 for seven days camping? Man, that’s tempting! ZZTop with that? And no telling who else.

I did the Republic of Texas last summer and spent a pretty penny on all activities included. I think it was $60 for like 5 days camping.

It would take a pretty serious gut check before I would make any plans on it. That’s a pretty good haul from OKC.
Yep, jump on that earlybird special. We paid 120 at the gate for one night (aerosmith) but even at that and only getting a 50 minute concert before steven tyler fell off the stage and broke his shoulder, I can still say "yea, it was worth it!"

Old 01-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Ironkidzsled
Cruiser

damn i didnt think to make reservations.. i was just ganna show up and pitch a tent or my hammock somewhere and camp! now im thinkin that **** prolly wont fly up there huh? ganna take the top spot for longest bike trip ive taken so far wich prolly aint the best time to be foolin around by not making proper reservations/preperations or whatever hoops i cant avoid jumpin thru at the very least a game plan... admit organization is not my **** and my planning may be even worse. anyway im riding my bike from around dallas to sturgis wich aint close and im also a broke *** so if i ride down there with camping gear but no reservations am i ganna be able to find a place to park or dirt to flop down on and not get hassled by the man?

Old 01-13-2010, 05:58 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

Finding a spot to camp isn't as difficult as finding "lodging". Here's a link, just click on it, and if you're just camping you should not have a problem if you do it soon. http://www.sturgis.com/campncabin.html. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: OK to Sturgis 2010