Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

Best Texas Rally ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 03:42 PM
LuckyRoadKing
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best Texas Rally ???

I really want to head down to Texas next year for one of those great Texas biker parties I keep hearing about. Can only make on so I wanted to get opinions on which one. Based on my schedule I was thing of Dawgs on HOGS, Republic of Texas or the North Texas Rock Rally.

If you been to one of these let me know what you think. Better yet, if you have been to more than one, let me know which you would go back to.

Old 06-05-2006, 05:10 PM
Optical
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best Texas Rally ???

Well, this was my first year at the ROT Rally but it was a blast. Plenty of activities, vendors,etc. Plus there are so many places to ride in the hill country that are very cool rides. The only complaint was the price of beer and water from vendors. 3 bucks for 12 oz bottle of water ! You can expect an average of 40 thousand bikes at the ROT.

Old 06-05-2006, 05:53 PM
06ultra
Elite HDF Member

The NTRR has been moved to I belevie ALVARDO south west of FT Worth for some reason.Have not been to one yet but going to try this year's in july.

Old 06-05-2006, 07:26 PM
CopDaddy
Road Captain

Kinda biased in my opinion but.....ROT was the most awesome rally I have ever been to. You have to experience it at least once in your lifetime and this year a world record was broken for number of motorcycles in a parade.

Old 06-05-2006, 08:53 PM
cjmilez
Ultimate HDF Member

I've been to Dawgs on Hawgs and just recently the ROT....there is no comparison...AT ALL!!!!!! ROT is the best rally by far I've ever been too.....thousands and thousands of people, bikes, vendors, rides, concerts, beer, (bring your own beer...$5 a can!!!)!!! It was a blast!! For the parade downtown, they closed down 52 blocks....it was too awesome!!!!! Be prepared to GRIN, and AHHH (at the bikes) the entire weekend!!!!
The whole city of Austin was taken over by bikes...they were EVERYWHERE!!! And if you go, go to the Oasis...it's the best ride up into the Lake Travis area..and the restaraunt/hangout is phenominal....three stories high overlooking the hills of Austin....Remember, it's the weekend after Memorial Day....!!!! ~~~> I am still recooperating.....LOL!!!

Old 06-05-2006, 11:25 PM
Harley Rulz
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: cjmilez

I've been to Dawgs on Hawgs and just recently the ROT....there is no comparison...AT ALL!!!!!! ROT is the best rally by far I've ever been too.....thousands and thousands of people, bikes, vendors, rides, concerts, beer, (bring your own beer...$5 a can!!!)!!! It was a blast!! For the parade downtown, they closed down 52 blocks....it was too awesome!!!!! Be prepared to GRIN, and AHHH (at the bikes) the entire weekend!!!!
The whole city of Austin was taken over by bikes...they were EVERYWHERE!!! And if you go, go to the Oasis...it's the best ride up into the Lake Travis area..and the restaraunt/hangout is phenominal....three stories high overlooking the hills of Austin....Remember, it's the weekend after Memorial Day....!!!! ~~~> I am still recooperating.....LOL!!!

This sums it up real good.ROT is an awesome rally and Austin is a great city if you like to party and look at beautiful women.

Old 06-05-2006, 11:25 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're traveling down for a Rally.... No question ~ ROT!

Old 06-05-2006, 11:53 PM
WolfDog
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ROT, Hands Down.........[sm=coolness.gif]

Old 06-06-2006, 12:38 AM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you're not a big partier and want to go to a well organized event, I'd suggest SPI Bikefest. I'd rather not be around a bunch of drunks on motorcycles so I've decided this year was the last for the ROT.
If people want to drink, that's fine. If people want to ride, that's fine. It's when people want to drink and then ride that sucks!

Old 06-06-2006, 11:37 AM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My vote's for the Lonestar Rally in Galveston around Sept. For one, IT'S FREE! And two, it's not so damned hot. ROT was okay but $50 a person to walk around in the heat is a bit much. Besides what rally doesn't have beer and *****? Why not save the entrance fee and buy some parts or shirts or something.

Dawgs on HOGs is a serious party event for the hardcore.

Quick Reply: Best Texas Rally ???