Best Texas Rally ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 07:10 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Best Texas Rally ???

ORIGINAL: LuckyRoadKing

Wow, thanks for all the great input. From the sound of it looks like my first rally in Texas will be ROT.

Thanks again.

Why wait that long? It's not until the beginning of next June. Hit the Lonestar up this November and have something to compare ROT with next June. The more rallies the better anyway.

Old 08-14-2006, 02:29 PM
King Rider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My very first rally was ROT. What a time. Great folks, vendors, and time. A little hot though!!

Old 08-18-2006, 09:17 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: King Rider

My very first rally was ROT. What a time. Great folks, vendors, and time. A little hot though!!
A little?

Old 08-20-2006, 11:54 AM
Bratt
Advanced

I've not been to any myself lately. I heard ROT was good and wild, who wouldn't be wild when your drunk and hot. I prefer to be a bit cooler, so I think I'll pass on that. I nice ride is a comfortable one. Austin doesn't disappear, so riding there is nice anytime. I do however plan on checking out Galveston.

Old 08-29-2006, 04:35 AM
bastardmaker
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey lucky, why place limitations on yourself? Just pack up everything and move to TX. Ive been to both ROT and Lonestar. And one isnt better than the other, its what you make of it. they are both huge and have alot to offer. the one thing that ROT has that lonestar doesnt is great riding.

Old 08-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Fireitup
Intermediate

I've been to everyone of the lone star rallys and stayed everywhere from a beach house at cystal beach (across the ferry) to nice hotels on the island and even camped at the old blimp hangers(off the island towards houston about 17 miles) pretty cool live music,free showers, ect. I've also been to rot in austin and i'll agree there's better riding there but galveston's strand and waterfront is a killer place for a rally. Out of all the times i 've been there staying in a hotel on the island is the best, everything is right there. Get a little tried well your just 5 mins from your room, hell take a quick nap and get back to partying one step out of your door! Renting a beach cabin on cystal beach sounds cool but waiting in the ferry line then the 20 min ride across the bay and that starts killing alot of time. Same thing with camping at the old blimp hanger, it takes time to make that 17 mile back when you might have been partying a little. So if you can swing it go for a hotel on the island, although i have found a couple of rooms around $175 to $250 for fri&sat nite on the spot without reservasions you will be alot better off booking months in advance. Better deals and choices. Oh yea if you get there the first night thurs. the rooms are more like $59 to $89, it's that weekend speical event price that gets you! Plus the lone star rally is free! Well last year they did start charging $5 bucks for a parking pass on the strand, but well worth it! Every bike rally cost $30 to 50 buck and up, that's another reason galveston gets my vote! well that and all the cool bars around the strand and over on the seawall with free and great bands set up by the rally. Click on attachment below for rally pic. Yea brian at the top of the page is right on the money!!! He know what's happening!

Old 08-31-2006, 04:27 PM
kevinb62
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Fireitup, I'm also from Pt.Arthur. Glad to know someone
else from the area is on the forum. Do you go to Crockett St.
in Beaumont very much? Maybe we'll get together some Sat.
I also think LSR is pretty sweet. I'm staying in Crystal this year,
going to spend the week there. Found a nice deal on a cabin,
$300.00 mon. thru sun.

Kevin B.