Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

Best Texas Rally ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 12:01 PM
JW
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best Texas Rally ???

cant really compare any other rally's as the ROT was my first. But FWIW, we had a good time. The saturday night concert was great. I live in Austin and to me the real attraction to the ROT rally IS the Hill Country. Pretty much anywhere you go is great. Fredricksburg, Luckenbach, Leakey, Utopia, Llano, Gruene, Bandera........the list just goes on and on. One word of advice. find a Hill Country map stay off the main highways and enjoy.

Old 06-08-2006, 03:21 PM
henryjw1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would vote for the Lone Star rally in Galveston. Don't get me wrong, the ROT rally is great. I have gone every year. However, if you are not used to the Texas heat. BEWARE!!! It is hot. The partying down town is great. The police are not obnoxious. The surrounding areas have great rides. On the other hand, the Lone Star Rally in Galveston is free. No admission charges. If you want to be able to park your bike right on the Strand, there is a 5 dollar charge for the whole weekend. The same vendors are there. It is one Hell of a lot cooler. I think it is the first weekend of November this year. Free concerts, plenty of bars and saloons. Plus it's getting better every year. I like it. Of course, I only live 30 minutes from it!!!!!!!![sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 06-08-2006, 07:00 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: henryjw1

I would vote for the Lone Star rally in Galveston. Don't get me wrong, the ROT rally is great. I have gone every year. However, if you are not used to the Texas heat. BEWARE!!! It is hot. The partying down town is great. The police are not obnoxious. The surrounding areas have great rides. On the other hand, the Lone Star Rally in Galveston is free. No admission charges. If you want to be able to park your bike right on the Strand, there is a 5 dollar charge for the whole weekend. The same vendors are there. It is one Hell of a lot cooler. I think it is the first weekend of November this year. Free concerts, plenty of bars and saloons. Plus it's getting better every year. I like it. Of course, I only live 30 minutes from it!!!!!!!![sm=americanasmiley.gif]
That's what I'm saying. I didn't go to ROT this year cause I didn't want to pay like $50 just to sweat my butt off. I'm so looking forward to Lonestar though.

Old 06-08-2006, 11:07 PM
Crushertx3
Road Warrior

Texas has so many great rallys ROT has the best riding areas in the state BUT if you are at the rally you are not riding .
Lonestar on the other hand you can ride ! you can shop you can PARTY ! or you can just Fellowship with good Brothers and sisters !
Dawgs on Hawgs on the other hand is a bit more Hardcore and those that attend know what Brotherhood is about !
then there is Thunder over Texas it is held at Texas Motorspedway and is a Alcahol free event
and a fantastic Party !
there is also many Partys held in Axtel @ Jims Cycle shop 13 miles east of Waco
the choice is endless it all depends on what comfort level you are in

I say sign up on Let-ride.com and select TX
or even better yet check out suds-and-butterflys newsletter
both will keep you up to date on Texas and the surounding area rallies

if you check out suds tell em crusher sent ya !

Old 06-08-2006, 11:09 PM
Scott FXSTI
Cruiser

I was at the ROT this weekend.

I must say... It was quite the experience. I will be back next year...

I have some pics, but the rules will prevent me from posting them.

Old 06-11-2006, 04:43 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

here's the real scoop on Texas rallies....ROT is an excellent RIDING rally...lots of great rides in and around Austin which is a great Texas city...this year there were a few too many punks on 6th St for me....the ABSOLUTE BEST PARTY in Texas is at the end of the season in GALVESTON...main drag is called "the Strand"...all the vendors set up near or on the Strand...no rally fee unless you go to the fairgrounds but why even bother cause everyone is usually on the Strand or one of the bars up & down Beach St...the atmosphere is everything you could want or expect for a party rally...Dawgs rally is lame...and North Texas Rock Rally is HOT as hell and has been plagued with promoter problems...IMO, i'd rather eat $hit than go the NTRR....GO TO GALVESTON...its not as hot and LOTS FUNNER than the rest

Old 06-11-2006, 05:24 PM
ROLLNTIGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: JW

cant really compare any other rally's as the ROT was my first. But FWIW, we had a good time. The saturday night concert was great. I live in Austin and to me the real attraction to the ROT rally IS the Hill Country. Pretty much anywhere you go is great. Fredricksburg, Luckenbach, Leakey, Utopia, Llano, Gruene, Bandera........the list just goes on and on. One word of advice. find a Hill Country map stay off the main highways and enjoy.
Great advice. Did the 3 sisters ride around the Leakey area. Awesome ride, great switchbacks, not alot of traffic. Had me screaming like a 10 year old at Disney World!

Old 06-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Badass
Novice

I have been to the major rallies in Texas: ROT, Lonestar, Dawgs on Hawgs and Hawgs of Texas. IMHO the Hawgs of Texas and the Lonestar ralliy and ROT are all great. The ROT gets to be alittle big and pricey........
The Lonstar is a great event to end the season with and the Hawgs of Texas is great to start the season off with......
Rumor has it that this years Hawgs of Texas rally will be vastly improved, and promotions are alreadt started in the Houston area.......

All in All , any rally in Texas is a good one.....[IMG][/IMG]

Badass

Old 06-27-2006, 04:02 AM
LuckyRoadKing
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, thanks for all the great input. From the sound of it looks like my first rally in Texas will be ROT.

Thanks again.

Old 07-25-2006, 10:14 PM
cutacroshorty
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm with 12stones on the Lonestar Rally in Galveston. The biggest and best in Texas.

Quick Reply: Best Texas Rally ???