Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

Recommendations For a GOOD SERT Tuner in Houston Area?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 06:45 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,335 Likes on 1,717 Posts
Default Recommendations For a GOOD SERT Tuner in Houston Area?

As the title says, I'm in need for a good, uhmmm a very good dyno tuner for SERT in the Houston and surrounding area. Hell, I'm willin' to go to San Antonio, Austin or Dallas area if need be for a "proper" dyno tune with a tuner that's HD certified and an "expert" with SERT.

I paid alot of $$$ to have SERT installed and dyno tuned w/my local dealer and the bike has excessive popping on decel and the lines on the graph are wavey as hell...I've been told a "good" tuner would properly adjust the timing to smooth out the lines.

I just want it done correctly...

Any recommedations?

TIA

BTW, if you'd rather send me a PM with the info, that's ok too.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:05 AM
Pooh AKA Bear
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Tuner

Contact Jeremy Burch at GOE Cycles in Angleton 713-653-8061. These guys do it right!! Let me know how it 'tunes' out !!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 09:17 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Pooh AKA Bear
Contact Jeremy Burch at GOE Cycles in Angleton 713-653-8061. These guys do it right!! Let me know how it 'tunes' out !!!!
Thanks for the reply...they are only about 25 to 30 miles from where I live. My bike has the newer SE Pro Super Tuner, not the SERT...I dunno if there's any difference other than the name on the box. No software and no cables were provided, just a little black box with a red button on it.

Any other recommendation? I need help...or I should say my bike needs help.

I'm in need of a tuner that will actually dyno tune the bike instead of just downloading canned maps and then test riding it without fine tuning it on a dyno.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:33 AM
Pooh AKA Bear
Road Captain
Talking Oh Yeah!!

Not sure about the difference.....not sure what you want to do in the way of getting all the power out of your engine, but if you want someone to build you a solid badass engine, let me know and I'll give you a name and number. But as far as the tuning goes, GOE did not download any map, they tuned it from scratch, I have no popping whatsoever. They tuned it after my guy rebuilt the engine, went to a 95, new jugs, pistons, ported the heads, new cams, and roller rockers. I have the SERT w/o a red button? Every time I roll the throttle and feel the torque and watch the RPMS shoot to 5500 in an instant, shift and shoot right back up to 5500 in an instant....This bear is happy!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 09:54 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member

The motor is stock...just stage 1 per my sig. I have horrible popping on decel AFTER the tune was done at my dealer. The bike was strapped to the dyno for 1 hour and the rest of the tuning they just downloaded canned maps and they didn't put it back on the dyno for any "fine tuning"...a/f mixture, timing adjustments, etc.

I'm wanting to find someone that will actually "dyno tune" the bike and take their time to do it right.

I was told the excessive popping is caused by the short sideshot pipes and there is nothing more they can do, but the bike was popping much less with just the HD stage 1 download BEFORE the SE Pro Super Tuner was installed and tuned.

I thought having the bike dyno tuned would smooth it out if done properly. I dunno, maybe I'm expecting too much from a tune.

Last edited by SBRob; 04-21-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:26 AM
Pooh AKA Bear
Road Captain

I'd just call and talk to Jeremy and reiterate what you have told me. See what he says and go from there. 2 years ago I had horrible popping with a PC III before I went with the SERT and a good tune. It was worth the money to me just to get rid of the obnoxious POP.....Good luck!!