Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

San Antonio Area Riders

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 12:14 PM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Starboard
I will be riding my bike up to Johnson City this Saturday morning for a little R and R. I plan on doing some horseback riding, gun shooting and eating at my brother-in-law's place.

If any of you Old Farts or ******* want to meet up somewhere in the Hill Country on Sundy morning, I will make it. I gotta ride back home anyway, but it would be a lot more fun with some company.
I'm wanting to go to Llano on Sunday. Heard of a better than Coopers BBQ place. Could meet in Johnson City. Don't know if any of the Old Farts want to go. But this ****** will.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:58 PM
txrarebear
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi guy's,
I would like to ride Sunday IF I can get my yard work finished!
Haven't had time to do much riding lately, my father passed away a few weeks ago and we have been trying to get things settled before I can take any time for myself.
Every room in my house is packed with some of the stuff we had to get out of his house.
Some stuff in storage, some packed away and some my Daughter took to her house.....man, what a chore.....almost 60 years worth of his and my mothers things that meant something to them at one time or another.

Oh well, the last time I rode was with Mud one Sunday when we cruised River Road and hung out at Gruene H/D and talked with a few guy's we met there.
Wasn't a long ride but is was a great ride none the less.
We also spent a little time hanging out at the General Store in Bergheim where Mud did some shopping, and we flirted some with the lady behind the counter!
We made her day I'll bet.
Pretty cool old General Store though.

I have let so many of my chores pile up while trying to settle dad's affairs, that I need to catch up with my stuff first and hope to be riding again (IF the weather cooperates!!).
Yesterday, I did manage to take a day off work and finally get around to taking Brandi (Low Rider) to Cowboy H/D in Austin to have it dyno tuned.......she's been sitting in the garage too sick to ride without a decent tune since I changed out the cams!
She runs nice now and I am hoping to put some miles on her Sunday.
Sooooo, I'm up for it ......... again IF I get the yards done.
I should know saturday afternoon.

Another BBQ place better than Coopers???
Come on Mike.......that would be hard to IMAGINE!
We'll see I guess.
Hope to see you guy's Sunday.
Take it easy.
TxrarebBear

Old 05-20-2010, 09:06 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Txrarebear....sorry to read about your Dad passing away. I know what you are going through. Good luck with your chores. It is amazing how fast they pile up.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:35 AM
formike56
Club Member

Bill sorry to hear about your Dad. I got to do the same thing a few years back. I know how it feels sorting out 60 years of collecting treasures..... Keep a few for yourself. Will be looking for you Sunday. We'll meet in Luckenbach 9:30-10:00. Then head to Llano for BBQ lunch...

Old 05-21-2010, 07:21 AM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Llano sounds good to me, especially BBQ lunch! Let me know about when you plan on passing the Exxon in Blanco and I will join up with you there. Unless, you want to take the long way through Johnson City to Luckenbach. I could meet you at the Best Western on 281 and 290. Let me know and that's when and where I'll be. txrarebear, I would really like to see Brandi. I missed the last ****** ride you made with her. Hope you can make it.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:12 AM
formike56
Club Member

Originally Posted by Starboard
Llano sounds good to me, especially BBQ lunch! Let me know about when you plan on passing the Exxon in Blanco and I will join up with you there. Unless, you want to take the long way through Johnson City to Luckenbach. I could meet you at the Best Western on 281 and 290. Let me know and that's when and where I'll be. txrarebear, I would really like to see Brandi. I missed the last ****** ride you made with her. Hope you can make it.
Should be in Blanco about 9:30+- a few.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:14 AM
formike56
Club Member

Originally Posted by Harpoonman
Txrarebear....sorry to read about your Dad passing away. I know what you are going through. Good luck with your chores. It is amazing how fast they pile up.
you gonna make it? Or do you have a long Honey Doo List?

Old 05-21-2010, 10:17 AM
txrarebear
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanx for the sentiment guy's.
It's tough for sure but life goes on and we must enjoy it while we can.
Speaking of which.....I do look forward to Sunday (grass cut or NOT!).

Yeah Mark, I rode her to work this morning and she runs sweet....a LOT better than the last ride to Llano!!!
That's the way it is supposed to be!

Mud, you gonna have your gauge cluster fixed by Sunday, or do I need to loan you Elvira for the ride (that is IF you even want to try riding that Softail?!).

See ya'll Sunday.
Ride safe guy's.
Txrarebear

Last edited by txrarebear; 05-21-2010 at 10:18 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-21-2010, 10:41 AM
nightbird2335
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a fun ride. I just dropped the bike at the shop for her 1k service and I should have her back saturday, just in time for a sunday ride. So provided everything goes to plan I'll be up with you ******* and old farts in Blanco around 9:30.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:18 AM
hondo1
Tourer

Originally Posted by nightbird2335
Sounds like a fun ride. I just dropped the bike at the shop for her 1k service and I should have her back saturday, just in time for a sunday ride. So provided everything goes to plan I'll be up with you ******* and old farts in Blanco around 9:30.
Can a first timer join in Sundayls ride? If so will meet you in Blanco.
Hondo aka Big Red

Quick Reply: San Antonio Area Riders