Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

San Antonio Area Riders

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 12:42 PM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will be headed out this afternoon. Don't know how long I will stay. Have to go in for a few hours tomorrow. Smithville has a rally going on also. With a swap meet. I'm going there tomorrow. Check it out.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:21 AM
grimm
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah...that rally in Maxwell was a huge bust. Got there Friday afternoon and set up camp. hung out a little at the rally site but it was pretty dead so we rode in to San Marcos. Had a good time in the square and got back to camp around 2:00am. about 2:30 the skies opened up and it proceeded to pour freezing rain all night. didn't stop till about 10am. when we emerged from the tents, we discovered that the run had been cancelled. no fault of the folks putting on the rally, but i think this will be the last time i plan anything around this run. may be worth it for a stop and a refreshment, but it left a lot to be desired. we got a room in San Marcos and made the best of it.

The girls in San Marcos are drop dead gorgeous, tho. that and the square made the trip worthwhile.

grimm

Old 03-23-2010, 03:24 PM
formike56
Club Member

Originally Posted by grimm
yeah...that rally in Maxwell was a huge bust. Got there Friday afternoon and set up camp. hung out a little at the rally site but it was pretty dead so we rode in to San Marcos. Had a good time in the square and got back to camp around 2:00am. about 2:30 the skies opened up and it proceeded to pour freezing rain all night. didn't stop till about 10am. when we emerged from the tents, we discovered that the run had been cancelled. no fault of the folks putting on the rally, but i think this will be the last time i plan anything around this run. may be worth it for a stop and a refreshment, but it left a lot to be desired. we got a room in San Marcos and made the best of it.

The girls in San Marcos are drop dead gorgeous, tho. that and the square made the trip worthwhile.

grimm
Went Friday afternoon. Wasn't much going on. Maybe a dozen bikes and a couple of vendors. I wasn't going to pay to listen to a jukebox and drink expensive beer. Didn't make it to Smithville.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:57 AM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by formike56
1st weekend of April should be the Willow City Loop ride. Wildflowers will be abundant this time. Did the Loop this last weekend. Just a few colors..... Plus the Knot on the Loop Saloon was closed when we went by.

Keep the date open on your calendars

You guys still planning a Willow City Loop ride around the first weekend in April? I am planning to make a trip home that weekend and I want to make the ride.

When are you guys planning the overnighter to the coast? Maybe lunch at Knot on the Loop would be a good place to talk about it

Old 03-24-2010, 09:35 AM
formike56
Club Member

Originally Posted by Starboard
You guys still planning a Willow City Loop ride around the first weekend in April? I am planning to make a trip home that weekend and I want to make the ride.

When are you guys planning the overnighter to the coast? Maybe lunch at Knot on the Loop would be a good place to talk about it
1st weekend of April is Easter.

I'm open for the ride.

Willow city loop should be in bloom. Would like to start on the north end. End at The Knot on the Loop Saloon for lunch

Old 03-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1st weekend of April is Easter.

I'm open for the ride.

Willow city loop should be in bloom. Would like to start on the north end. End at The Knot on the Loop Saloon for lunch
I'm with Mike... flowers should be busting out that weekend. I like the route also...

With 7 big Live Oaks in the back yard....it is hard to keep the chores done this time of year. But my Craftsman yard vacuum really helps..no more raking .

My cousin from Louisiana usually brings a mud bug feast to my parents house for Easter, but I haven't heard anything yet.... so we will see.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:38 PM
formike56
Club Member

MUD's Bugs... Yuk.... I'd rather ride. Damn Coon ***.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MUD's Bugs... Yuk.... I'd rather ride. Damn Coon ***.
Hey..Hey... 'cmon now....Don't twist the words that are coming off my keyboard...... I typed Mud Bugs........... not MUD's Bug's !!

Old 03-24-2010, 07:26 PM
formike56
Club Member

Sorry Paul.... Couldn't resist. Was bored at work.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:42 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

We maybe heading to Dallas next weekend, if not me and the wife maybe in for the WCL ride.

Quick Reply: San Antonio Area Riders