Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

San Antonio Area Riders

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I buddy and I are meeting at the Taco Cabana (123 & I-10) in Sequin tomorrow between 10:30 and 11:00.

No clue where we are off to, but we rarely know till we meet up. If you want to take a spin with us, be there tomorrow.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Bishop73
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey!! One I should be able to make!!!

Old 01-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Starboard
Road Master

We had a great ride today! We met up in Seguin and rode up 123 to San Marcos, temporarily lost the trail, rode over to Luling on highway 80 and had lunch at Blake's. The Texas weather was flawlessly perfect. The forecast called for partly cloudy skies and highs around 68. True to form, it started out drizzling, remained cloudy, high temp was 51 and we had a nice 15mph breeze with gusts over 20mph. Naturally, we were all properly attired for the weather change.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Bishop73
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a good time today, glad to hear you both made it home alright. Maybe the weather will be a lil better next time.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:29 AM
maskedstranger
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I will be in the San Antonio area in a few months and am looking at a few houses. What can you guys tell me about Converse? Is it a good place to live or would you go elsewhere?

Old 01-09-2009, 09:39 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Converse is a small community - generally speaking, it's pretty nice, but rather low on my list of places to live simply because the general area is somewhat poor. Not a whole lot of nice places to shop, etc. Flip side is that good shopping is just minutes away (literally).

Old 01-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Gilco
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also consider where you will be commuting most. Converse isnt bad. Its ethnically diverse. There isnt a lot of new growth there. Mostly neighborhoods built in the 80s. There is plenty of growth in the Northwest. Alamo Ranch is nice, and it backs right up to the hill country for some excellent riding. Stone Oak is real nice, but its also a traffic nightmare. Garden Ridge is beautiful, but very expensive. I guess your budget also has a lot to do with it. Good luck and let us know if you need more help.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Starboard
Road Master

Originally Posted by maskedstranger
I will be in the San Antonio area in a few months and am looking at a few houses. What can you guys tell me about Converse? Is it a good place to live or would you go elsewhere?
Are you looking to buy or rent? I am looking for a new place to rent for another year or so. The house we are renting just got sold and we are looking again. Tons of great rentals available in nice areas. If you want to buy, the housing market here hasn't seen the 20% drops in prices like most places, but values stay consistent and are very reasonable. The property taxes will be a wash if you are currently paying any state income taxes.

If you want me to check out some specific areas, I would be glad to help. Drop me a PM and give me some specifics. Like I said, we are out looking right now.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Starboard
Road Master

Originally Posted by Bishop73
I had a good time today, glad to hear you both made it home alright. Maybe the weather will be a lil better next time.
Yeah, we had a blast! Gary and I really like your new bars. I did not notice them in your sig until I got home. Great mod!

You up for another wind surf this weekend? Should be a little warmer. I am fueled up and ready!

Old 01-09-2009, 07:15 PM
maskedstranger
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am in the military and getting stationed at FT Sam Houston. I have been to San Antonio many times and love the area. What we are looking for is a home for sale. I have been working with an agent, but you know how that goes. they wont tell you the whole story so that they can sell the hard to sell properties.

I appreciate all the info you guys have been giving me. It is kinda between Converse or New Braunfels. I like them both. Somewhat small towns close to San Antonio.

Quick Reply: San Antonio Area Riders