Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

San Antonio Area Riders

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 03:04 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Here's and open invite:
My son got the phone call Tuesday night, he will be heading out Nov16th................USMC needs him now. We'll be BBQ 'in and killing some cold ones in his honor, got to send him off.....hang over and all............LOL

We live in Kyle just pasted Hwy150 on the opposite side of the Hwy from HEB on Kyle Parkway.
This will be next Friday 13th...........I will post the address next week!
Your all invited................

Old 11-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PureDeath
Here's and open invite:
My son got the phone call Tuesday night, he will be heading out Nov16th................USMC needs him now. We'll be BBQ 'in and killing some cold ones in his honor, got to send him off.....hang over and all............LOL

We live in Kyle just pasted Hwy150 on the opposite side of the Hwy from HEB on Kyle Parkway.
This will be next Friday 13th...........I will post the address next week!
Your all invited................

Wow... I just logged on to report tha we are back from the Texas Honor Ride... To find a party invitation... Cool Thanks Jerry.... As long as Murrphy don't mess us up...count on two from here.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:59 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Sounds great, mi casa su casa!

Old 11-07-2009, 09:53 PM
1BadSally
Advanced

Originally Posted by PureDeath
It also sounds like your air-fuel mixture maybe to rich.
A dry fluffy or black spark plug indicates these signs too and as stated before....a bike that sits up for a long time, with a crab.........does get that nasty stuff in the bottom end. You may need to pull the crab off and clean.........wouldn't hurt.
I will give that a try here in a few days when I give the deer hunting a break. I need some back straps and jerky!!!

Old 11-09-2009, 06:50 AM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are going to let it sit for awhile. Run seafoam or marine sta-bil through it. Keeps the gas good. Plus adds a few other chemicals to keep things working. Gas nowadays is ****. Goes bad after a several weeks sitting

Old 11-09-2009, 08:38 PM
1BadSally
Advanced

Originally Posted by formike56
If you are going to let it sit for awhile. Run seafoam or marine sta-bil through it. Keeps the gas good. Plus adds a few other chemicals to keep things working. Gas nowadays is ****. Goes bad after a several weeks sitting
How much of that Sta-Bil should I put in a 2.2 gal tank. Also is that only when I let it sit or should I run a little bit through right now?

Old 11-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member

0.88 fl oz for 2.2 gallons = 2 tablespoons = 6 teaspoons... and yes I would.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:51 AM
Teagan
Tourer

Can someone give me a list of a couple good Indy shops in San Antonio. My wife and I are looking for riding gear and don't want to pay the Harley Davidson premium.

thanks

Old 11-10-2009, 08:56 AM
Harpoonman
Club Member

Originally Posted by Teagan
Can someone give me a list of a couple good Indy shops in San Antonio. My wife and I are looking for riding gear and don't want to pay the Harley Davidson premium.

thanks
Sorry, I don't really know any. We had all of ours delivered to the front door. My wife got my chaps online...I don't remember the web site, but will find out if your interested. I got my jacket from
Fox Creek Leather. The prices aren't much lower than HD, but the quality is 10 times better ( IMO ). I have heard a new place advertised on KZEP 104.5 FM...but don't recall the name. If I hear an ad soon, I'll add it with an edit.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Teagan
Tourer

Originally Posted by Harpoonman
Sorry, I don't really know any. We had all of ours delivered to the front door. My wife got my chaps online...I don't remember the web site, but will find out if your interested. I got my jacket from
Fox Creek Leather. The prices aren't much lower than HD, but the quality is 10 times better ( IMO ). I have heard a new place advertised on KZEP 104.5 FM...but don't recall the name. If I hear an ad soon, I'll add it with an edit.
If you remember the shop, let me know. I know of a lot of online places to order from. I orders a Jacket online but it didn't fit right and I don't think the next size would work either, so I'm going to want to try something on before buying.

Quick Reply: San Antonio Area Riders