Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

San Antonio Area Riders

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 04:13 PM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gambueller1
looks like I missed some of the fun.... oh well not much of a choice when good ol' uncle sam is paying the bills and send ya on a trip out to the desert.

Been lurkin for a while, mosly in the sloptail community. I will be home for good in about a week. Great thing about Texas you can (if you choose despite the heat) to ride pretty much year round. So I look forward to getting home and spending some time with the wife and then knockin' the dust off and hitn' the road.
ditto on what harpoon said.... Thank you for your service in the sandbox. Sorry you had to go. But would rather kick there *** there.. Than have them come over here....
When you are ready to ride hit us up.....

Old 11-03-2009, 06:37 PM
xd.404life
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ditto Harpoon, I have the second round, stay safe and see ya soon.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:19 AM
gambueller1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks!!!!

Thanks for the support I really do appreciate it. If being here allows me to come home and do one of the things I love which is ride, so in the end it is worth it for me.

I have always enjoyed the wonderful area of San Antonio and what it has to offer. It is good to see that this forum can bring people together to enjoy things. I am counting my days as I have to report back to Ft. Riley to outprocess our tranisition unit so I am still looking at a little over a week before I am at the house. At least I should be in the states soon though.

Everybody stay safe out there and I look forward to catching up with you when I get home.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Harpoonman
Club Member
Default I ask for your help and support

Hey guys. One of the reasons I was off the board for a while, is that I have been working with other volunteers in our County's Emergency Services. Long story short.... I am going to start a thread in the Southwest events forum (Invitation to All), promoting our fundraiser fun run in early December.

I am asking you guys to stop in periodically and give it a bump to keep it active for us... And to personnaly ask for your support.

Thanking you in advance

In the words of Bill and Ted......."Party on Dudes !! and be Excellent to one another "

Last edited by Harpoonman; 11-04-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:19 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Ya talking about a toy run? ......... or something like that?

Old 11-05-2009, 08:55 AM
Harpoonman
Club Member

Originally Posted by PureDeath
Ya talking about a toy run? ......... or something like that?
Yes, something like that. We give coats, shoes, blankets.....necessities of life. There are a couple of other groups here that do the toys. The more we make ...the more kids we help.

Last year, we all donated what we could afford, and bought as much as we could. We are off to a late start this year, tying to expand...but we are all rookies at this.

We have mapped out some local roads, that (for flat land) are pretty good riding.

It is a work in progress... This year we are trying to keep it simple. We are putting together some other activities on the Confederate Square Downtown. I put a link to our web site in the thread I posted on the main page of the Southwest events. Here it is again www.silentsanta.org

Old 11-06-2009, 11:00 PM
1BadSally
Advanced

Can anyone give any suggestions. My bike is sputtering and back firing I've tried to adjust the air mixture screw on the carb but i don't want to adjust it too much and really get it out of wack. I took the spark plugs out and cleaned them up they were pretty black. Thanks....

Old 11-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Harpoonman
Club Member

Originally Posted by 1BadSally
Can anyone give any suggestions. My bike is sputtering and back firing I've tried to adjust the air mixture screw on the carb but i don't want to adjust it too much and really get it out of wack. I took the spark plugs out and cleaned them up they were pretty black. Thanks....
Maybe that crack in the tank straw has grown? I am truly not wrench enough to answer this.....but I can't resist sharing my first thought.( I know shut the "F" up then)...With the time you spend away, and if you don't use stabilizer....= fuel varnish build up in the carbs.

Good Luck.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:37 AM
1BadSally
Advanced

Originally Posted by Harpoonman
Maybe that crack in the tank straw has grown? I am truly not wrench enough to answer this.....but I can't resist sharing my first thought.( I know shut the "F" up then)...With the time you spend away, and if you don't use stabilizer....= fuel varnish build up in the carbs.

Good Luck.
Thanks. I wonder if a shot of some BG will help things?

Old 11-07-2009, 01:55 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

It also sounds like your air-fuel mixture maybe to rich.
A dry fluffy or black spark plug indicates these signs too and as stated before....a bike that sits up for a long time, with a crab.........does get that nasty stuff in the bottom end. You may need to pull the crab off and clean.........wouldn't hurt.

Quick Reply: San Antonio Area Riders