Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

San Antonio Area Riders

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 08:00 AM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear you won't be around for the ride. Gulf is a lot better than India. Maybe next time.

How about Starboard, Pure Death are ya'll around?????

Old 09-12-2009, 09:05 AM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by formike56
Sorry to hear you won't be around for the ride. Gulf is a lot better than India. Maybe next time.

How about Starboard, Pure Death are ya'll around?????
Hey Mike! I'm still in Alabama, but surfing a little this morning.

I just read the thread. I am flying into SA on the 18th for the weekend, but I fly back out on Monday. I won't be able to make the sisters ride on the 26th.

I would like to make a ride on Sunday morning, the 20th. Maybe ride over your way (San Marcos) that morning and meet up with you guys for breakfast and maybe a short hill country cruise. Let me know if you are up to it. I will try to get Cajun Refugee to go with me, if he's in town.

Hopefully Bishop, Harpoonman and Pure Death (and a couple of the new guys) can make it, too.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:57 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Got in late last night from deep east Tejas, my Dad had a stroke Wednesday night. When down to Longview to check on him and the rest of the family. He'll be getting out of the hospital come Monday, he's doing good....no complication. I'll check back and see what's up.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:46 PM
1BadSally
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our prayers are with you and your family.

So I was on the way back from checking on my property in Helotes in Shadow Canyon when my bike started to stall. Well it finally did and I coasted to the Shell station so I stopped the first thing I did was check my fuel. Fuel was good I had 1/2 a tank. Anyway I pulled out the Iphone and did some checking well there was a post somewhere that said that there could be a hole in the fuel line in the tank and it may be sucking air. It said to fill the tank up and it should start right up. Well I did and it did so I guess I need some work done on the bike unless anyone has any other ideas.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member

Originally Posted by 1BadSally
Our prayers are with you and your family.

So I was on the way back from checking on my property in Helotes in Shadow Canyon when my bike started to stall. Well it finally did and I coasted to the Shell station so I stopped the first thing I did was check my fuel. Fuel was good I had 1/2 a tank. Anyway I pulled out the Iphone and did some checking well there was a post somewhere that said that there could be a hole in the fuel line in the tank and it may be sucking air. It said to fill the tank up and it should start right up. Well I did and it did so I guess I need some work done on the bike unless anyone has any other ideas.
Other Ideas..like..whatcha got in mind ?? If it runs good until it gets to the hole...and you want to ride with us... I could strap a gas can on the back of the road couch..and top off your tank till ya get a chance to fix it. If thats what you had in mind ?? Or you want me to bring some refreshment, and give you a hand pulling the tank and fixing the hole in the straw ??

Old 09-14-2009, 06:04 AM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PureDeath
Got in late last night from deep east Tejas, my Dad had a stroke Wednesday night. When down to Longview to check on him and the rest of the family. He'll be getting out of the hospital come Monday, he's doing good....no complication. I'll check back and see what's up.
Glad to hear that your Dad's ok, Hoop.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:10 AM
formike56
Club Member

Good to hear that your Dad will be alright. My Mom had a light stroke last year. Is doing fine since then. Scared Her. Made do a few life style changes. Planning on a ride on the 26th if your interested. Starboard will be in town this next weekend. He's wanting to go for a ride on the 19th.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Harpoonman
Club Member

Originally Posted by PureDeath

WOW ! PD , sorry to hear that...My bad ! I guess I blistered past this post....Glad your Dad will recover from it....those things are scary.

Last edited by Harpoonman; 09-14-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Bishop73
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd be able (and I want to) ride on Sunday, but not on Saturday. I'll keep checking in to see what's decided.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:26 AM
formike56
Club Member

Originally Posted by Bishop73
I'd be able (and I want to) ride on Sunday, but not on Saturday. I'll keep checking in to see what's decided.
If I don't work. I will go for a ride.

Quick Reply: San Antonio Area Riders