Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

San Antonio Area Riders

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 04:35 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Well I made it back from Galveston, we had a great time. Rode around and checked the island out, sea wall still showed signs of rebuilding. The Strand was like a ghost town, but The Spot and Woody's was kicking. Had to check the place out, we'll be heading back down there in Roctober for the Lone Star Rally. Got back Sunday and man did it rain, had to pull over a couple times. Finally dried out in the wind outside of Katy...........cain't wait till the rally.

Attached Thumbnails San Antonio Area Riders-heading-to-the-beach.jpg   San Antonio Area Riders-strand.jpg   San Antonio Area Riders-sunday-morning.jpg  
Old 09-07-2009, 04:41 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior

Here's a few more..............hope everone had a great Labor Day!
Cheer's .................. It's time for a beer!

Attached Thumbnails San Antonio Area Riders-murdocks.jpg   San Antonio Area Riders-wild-side.jpg   San Antonio Area Riders-strand-dock-side.jpg  
Old 09-07-2009, 06:38 PM
1BadSally
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PureDeath
Well I made it back from Galveston, we had a great time. Rode around and checked the island out, sea wall still showed signs of rebuilding. The Strand was like a ghost town, but The Spot and Woody's was kicking. Had to check the place out, we'll be heading back down there in Roctober for the Lone Star Rally. Got back Sunday and man did it rain, had to pull over a couple times. Finally dried out in the wind outside of Katy...........cain't wait till the rally.
Is the Poop Deck still standing? That's a cool place to sit outside and watch the bikes ride by. We use to port out of there now it's gonna be Corpus atleast it's closer to home.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member

Looks like a good trip there Mr. Hooper, well maybe with exception of that wash cycle you went through... I don't like being on the rode in any kind of vehicle in the Houston area when it rains.... those folk go absolutely NUTS. Thanks for the pics...some geat shots!

Old 09-07-2009, 08:19 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 1BadSally
Is the Poop Deck still standing? That's a cool place to sit outside and watch the bikes ride by. We use to port out of there now it's gonna be Corpus atleast it's closer to home.
Yea the Poop Deck is still standing!

Old 09-07-2009, 08:26 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Harpoonman
Looks like a good trip there Mr. Hooper, well maybe with exception of that wash cycle you went through... I don't like being on the rode in any kind of vehicle in the Houston area when it rains.... those folk go absolutely NUTS. Thanks for the pics...some geat shots!
You got that rite, them folks drive like it's a race track down there. I had some guy on a rice rocket pass me going over 70mph on I45 in a wash out just south of H-Town. Had a great time, rain and all..............LOL!
Spent two and a haft hours this morning washing and cleaning the ole scooter............them beers tasted damn good around noon when I was done too!

Old 09-08-2009, 09:31 AM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you made it back in one piece. Sounds like you had a good time. As soon as it cools off we all need to get together for a weekend ride...

If you get bored at work stop by and I will let you polish the wide glide......

Old 09-08-2009, 03:25 PM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay every one... On 9/26 a couple people I know want to run the 3 Sisters. Want to start early. Changing the route San Marcos to Comfort. South on 16 to Bandera. Then start the 3 sisters and back. Approx. 400 miles. When we get back stop in Manchaca For Doug Morelands Calf Fries benefit. Good Music & Good Ride. The 2 go together..... Let get together and make a day of it.....

Old 09-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Bishop73
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by formike56
Okay every one... On 9/26 a couple people I know want to run the 3 Sisters. Want to start early. Changing the route San Marcos to Comfort. South on 16 to Bandera. Then start the 3 sisters and back. Approx. 400 miles. When we get back stop in Manchaca For Doug Morelands Calf Fries benefit. Good Music & Good Ride. The 2 go together..... Let get together and make a day of it.....

Ah hell, my son has a football game that day, I get the miss the sisters AGAIN......

Old 09-08-2009, 07:39 PM
xd.404life
Tourer

went to school in Galveston, 2005-2007, The Seawall just doesn't look right without the Hooters and especially the Balinese Room, Landmark. The pic coming from East beach with the strom clouds is right down the street from were I lived (1st townhouse on the right heading in that direction) Kind of miss the place. You are right the Spot is a great place to hang out. Bikes come from far and wide to hang there, every weekend is a mini rally. NIce Job obn the pics glad you had a good time.

Quick Reply: San Antonio Area Riders