Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

San Antonio Area Riders

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 06:52 AM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't say no to this. Since it is in my backyard. Anybody else going?

Old 09-04-2009, 06:43 AM
formike56
Club Member

what going on the weekend people?????

Any body up for a ride???

Old 09-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by formike56
what going on the weekend people?????

Any body up for a ride???

Don't know ?? No big plans made YET !! I have to work Monday...Labor all day What kind of ride are ya thinkin ????
We have been so busy with my parents or rents as my kids say we have not made any plans...Plus $$ a little tight for now. We need to go see Pam's rents....but I don't know. Pam and our youngest are raising hell in your area today. PureDeath is suppose to be going to the sinking Sand-Bar...should be on the road right now..as a matter of fact. And other than messin with you...I dont know what Mr. Bishop is up to....

Old 09-04-2009, 04:58 PM
formike56
Club Member

Sunday AM ride would be nice.... I have to work at noon. I think.... I'll send ya my cell ####. Call tomorrow. Leave a message if I don't answer. I'll be busy at the river. Cmon over and float the river. It takes about an hour to float from Sewell park to the chute. It's nice and clean & 72 degrees...

Old 09-05-2009, 02:31 PM
1BadSally
Advanced
Default Hell Yeah!

New to the site here and would like to get together with you guys when I can. When I can meaning I work in the oilfield for 6 weeks at a time and I'm home for 6 weeks so my first week or so is tending to the wife and the house so it's pretty iffy then. Now she is expecting so she is really needy right now but I would love to ride when I get the chance.

Are there many fuel stops along the way? With my 2 gallon tank I would hate to run out of gas and be stuck on the side of the road somewhere.

Anyway I return from India on the 10th of this month hope to get a ride or two in.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member

Originally Posted by 1BadSally
New to the site here and would like to get together with you guys when I can. When I can meaning I work in the oilfield for 6 weeks at a time and I'm home for 6 weeks so my first week or so is tending to the wife and the house so it's pretty iffy then. Now she is expecting so she is really needy right now but I would love to ride when I get the chance.

Are there many fuel stops along the way? With my 2 gallon tank I would hate to run out of gas and be stuck on the side of the road somewhere.

Anyway I return from India on the 10th of this month hope to get a ride or two in.
Welcome aboard !! So you really only have 5 weeks home, with travel to and from ? Sounds like a pretty good gig....Something like that, I might would consider getting back into the oilfield.... are you in drilling, completion, or production ?? My experience is in completion and production....excuse that tangent..

Just make a post when you're in town and want to get together.... fuel stops shouldn't be an issue. We rode from Cape canveral to Key West with someone who had a 2ish gallon tank...and that worked out pretty good..My butt need blood and her bike needed gas...no problem..

She is expecting ?? Congrats !! First one ? or an addition to the crew?

Old 09-05-2009, 07:26 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by 1BadSally
Worst come, I carry 4 one-liter fuel cells....

Congrats on the new one to be!

Old 09-05-2009, 08:22 PM
1BadSally
Advanced

Thanks guys for the support guys its my first one I guess we hung on to our social lives as long as possible.

As for the oilfield question I started out as a diver did that for about 5 years the oilfield slowed down as it's doing now I took some time off for a couple of years and here I am working on a pipe lay sub sea construction vessel. I no longer dive I am the foreman of the vessel we work in depths of 100'- 10,000' so we use ROV's (remote operated vehicles). You hit the nail right on the head when you said home for 5 weeks because of travel.

I'll post when I get home so I can hopefully tag along with you guys providing the ol' lady agrees.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:29 AM
Bodis22
Cruiser

Hey guys, I am in the same boat as 1 BadSally, but work a very random schedule and work in the directional drilling field. I live in Medina and my new to me (700 miles) Rocker is going through a massive transformation at the moment. After I get enough time at home to paint it and get put back together I will try to meet some of you.

I have gotten the pipes, air cleaner, lowering kit, rear pegs, etc. on. I just have to paint my Heartland rear fender, tank, and front fender and get everything put back on. It sux being away from home with the bike just sitting in the shop with parts sitting next to it.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:21 AM
96black&blue
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

been on the forrum for a little while but first time over here,any body ever go a little farther south,i live in beeville,been up to groene a coupla times and rode the river and stopped at bubbas big deck.was pretty nice but like it when its not crowded better

Quick Reply: San Antonio Area Riders