Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

San Antonio Area Riders

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 05:30 PM
dustin1014
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hello, just found this thread. Been floating around the forum a while now. i'm in need of a new rear tire. Anyone have any recommendations locally? I found some good deals online and not sure if there is anything good around town.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:03 PM
txrarebear
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Harpoonman
Thank You Bill. No sir, no luck on the rebuild kit. I've been told they are out there, but my half hearted attempt didn't produce one. I ordered a replacement caliper kit that is suppose to be complete, just change over the hydraulic line, bolt it on, purge and go.

I will admit to being surprised as much as disappointed when I discovered those cracks on a routine safety inspection. I have been less than pleased with OEM Dunlop 407 and 408 front tires but now the rear as well. That is why the new ones will be a test of the Michelin Commander II.

I checked the bearngs and asked the owner of the Indy shop in New Braunfels for his opinion. One of his staff said the bearings are OK, I'm still thinking about replacing them though. My experience with sealed bearings is.... they are good one moment and failing the next. They seem to go south real quick once they begin to go. I think the peace of mind is worth the effort.
If your Indy can keep Mike's "high mileage" hot rod running tip top.......I'm pretty sure you'll get good advice from him too!
Glad you're taken' the route of a new caliper!
See ya'll soon

Old 04-02-2013, 07:06 AM
formike56
Club Member

Originally Posted by dustin1014
hello, just found this thread. Been floating around the forum a while now. i'm in need of a new rear tire. Anyone have any recommendations locally? I found some good deals online and not sure if there is anything good around town.
Be careful buying a tire on line. I bought one last year. Tire was brand new. But it was a 8 year old tire. They have a date code on the side wall. It is in a oval stamp with year and week the tire was manufactured. Rubber products do have a shelf life. Something new that I learned a few months ago. Most dealers will rotate there stock. So nothing is from old stock.

By the way welcome to the forum. A lot of information here.

Good luck on your tire hunt

Old 04-02-2013, 06:16 PM
dustin1014
Cruiser

thanks man i appreciate the info! im thinking about tackling the task of taking the wheel off myself, how difficult is it to do? I've got a friend who is starting up his own cycle shop; mostly geared towards sport bikes; who can mount the tire for me so that part is covered. I asked him about price for a tire and his are almost where dealership prices are since hes just starting up so

Old 04-03-2013, 03:50 AM
cruzomatic
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

I bought a set of WWW online and was happy with the purchase. Two of the local dealerships wanted more than double of what I paid online. Shop around...

Old 04-03-2013, 02:31 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by formike56
Aaron is pretty honest man to work on your ride. He will let you know if there is a issue that needs attention.

So Paul you should be ready to ride next Sunday.......
Well some Sunday soon....doubtful it will be 4/7/13.... Maybe the next; Tires are done, just have to pick them up. But will be waiting of rear caliper and front disc pads to be rode ready.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:27 PM
Fazman
Advanced

Hey Fellas,

What is the name of the Indy shop in New Braunfels? I need some help with my bike and want to take it to someone that knows what they're doing.....Thanks!

Old 04-04-2013, 07:31 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

His name is Aaron and his business is BlueCollarBikeWerks and his number is 830-237-3009. Tell him Dino sent you and he will treat you right.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Fazman
Advanced

Thanks Dino!!! Much appreciated.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:41 AM
formike56
Club Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ditto^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^dino

Next weekend is MotoGP in Austin. Anyone going?

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 09-04-2014 at 03:51 PM.

Quick Reply: San Antonio Area Riders