Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

San Antonio Area Riders

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 12:46 PM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did a short ride around the Hill Country. 200+- miles. Went to Cranky Cranks in Fredricksburg for lunch. Damn good as usual. Got there 5 minutes before they closed. They had sold out of the rib plate. Had to suffer with brisket & sausage. Thanks for the company Dave & Tommy. Had a good time. Now where was the rest of you Old Farts & ******* yesterday?

Old 02-20-2012, 09:11 PM
txrarebear
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by formike56
Did a short ride around the Hill Country. 200+- miles. Went to Cranky Cranks in Fredricksburg for lunch. Damn good as usual. Got there 5 minutes before they closed. They had sold out of the rib plate. Had to suffer with brisket & sausage. Thanks for the company Dave & Tommy. Had a good time. Now where was the rest of you Old Farts & ******* yesterday?
Did a short ride also, to blow the cobwebs off and charge the battery on Roxanne......about 85 miles, back home, (unfortunately still open) and had to suffer eating leftovers and watch the weeds in the still flooded backyard grow even more.
Thanx for the company Roxanne, good music on the old XM........what a day for Roxannerollin'
Next weekend, maybe I'll treat Elvira or Brandy to a battery charge......after I ride the Lawn Chopper and cultivate the weeds that is!
Yeeha!

Old 02-21-2012, 12:33 PM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bill;

We went to Luckenbach. Then headed down Old San Antonio Hwy. to Kerrville. We were going towards Hunt to south SH39 to Medina. As we were going thru Kerrville Tommy had a flat on the front. Thank to Fix-A-Flat we made to Fredricksburg for lunch. Then back to Luckenbach to listen to the free music.

I want to go there and spend the afternoon listening to music.

It is getting to be riding weather. Will have to plan a Old Farts & ****** ride. Maybe more than a few will show up.

TTYL.......

Old 02-21-2012, 07:12 PM
txrarebear
Road Captain

Originally Posted by formike56
Bill;

We went to Luckenbach. Then headed down Old San Antonio Hwy. to Kerrville. We were going towards Hunt to south SH39 to Medina. As we were going thru Kerrville Tommy had a flat on the front. Thank to Fix-A-Flat we made to Fredricksburg for lunch. Then back to Luckenbach to listen to the free music.

I want to go there and spend the afternoon listening to music.

It is getting to be riding weather. Will have to plan a Old Farts & ****** ride. Maybe more than a few will show up.

TTYL.......
Sounds like you all had a good time, despite Tommay's "consistant" gremlin attacks on his machine
We all need a good looooong ride, I know I do.......
......not been a fun last several months at work (so far)

Last edited by txrarebear; 02-21-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:41 AM
CHIPMOVER
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twisted Sisters in Texas

The twisted sisters is 100mi round trip on four different roads s.r. 335, 336, 337 and sr 41. They say it is the best ride in Texas. I rented a bike for march 9 and 10. My plan is to do this ride in a day but I have to be back to turn in the bike by 7pm, I will leave in the AM around 7 from the north side of San Antonio. Just wondering if any of you are from the area and can advise me on whether I will have enough time to make this trip?

Thanks!

Old 02-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Napoli
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did it last year during the thunder in the hill country rally. You will have plenty of time, we did it one afternoon. Great fricken ride have fun and ride safe.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Gunr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A bunch of us from the Dallas area go down and do that ride every year. (going on 12 years now). Be sure you get gas when you can, some places are pretty remote. Don't forget to visit the thriving metropolis of Luchenbach and have a Lonestar for me! And last, but not least - watch out for the deer!

Old 02-23-2012, 03:36 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member

Should we make it a group ride?

Old 02-23-2012, 03:47 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Should you ride with others, make sure you ride your own ride. I did the Sisters on a Road Glide, trying to keep up with a friend on a Beemer RT, and scraped the floorboards more times than I could count.

Each road is different, more twisty, more up and down, more scenic, etc. Enjoy the fun provided there. Great Mexican food in Leakey, too...tomp dd50

Old 02-23-2012, 04:57 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member

I was hoping to find some local harley riders that want to do three sisters sanely. I'm not looking to see who's fastest in the twistys...just want to enjoy the ride. I had a bad experience on a group ride with sport rides on those kinda roads and kept up for an hour and went home...my neck was sore from tension.

I have been leary about doing three sisters because I know a few that have lost their lives on those very roads. I'm confident in my skills, even though I've only been riding for a couple years, but I'm kinda spooked about sport bike encounters on that route.

So if any of you want to set a date...I live just a few hours away from there....

I ride every week, all year around and ride mostly hill country. I do like to actually see the scenery and blast through some areas when I have the space to see it is safe.

Last edited by rooti; 02-23-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Quick Reply: San Antonio Area Riders