San Antonio Area Riders

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 05:06 PM
txrarebear
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hondo1
Hey txrarebear,

When we were talking dyno tuning last weekend we talked about Phantom Rider Choppers and someone else. Did you say Lazzarro Brothers????

I know both tuners were off of Hwy 46 and I have been to PRC for some minor work. Thinking I may get the Big Red machine dyno tuned just for curiosity.

Big Red
Hey Jim,
It is LBP (Lozano Brothers Porting).
Talk to Mike Lozano.
They are off that short section of 311 between 3159 and 46.
Go east on 46 towards New Braunfels and take a left onto 3159 (towards Startzville/Canyon Lake), then go a couple hundred yards up 3159 and take a right onto 311.
LBP will be a couple hundred yards up on the right.
(If you miss it, you'll end up back on 46 to New Braunfels!!)

It's just a short drag between 3159 to 46 again so go slow.
It's a fairly new building and I think it's white sheetmetal construction.
He likes to dyno on Saturdays and you might have to make an appointment.
He's done a friend of mines Ultra Classic a couple of times.
Good luck.

I trying to work out some electrical issues on Road King with the new rear fender and lights.....wiring is not my thing!!
See ya around,
TRB

Old 07-24-2011, 09:24 AM
mdaycb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

txrarebear:
Did you get that wiring figured out? Wiring is my thing, LOL,, I am an aircraft electrician/avionics, if you need any help I would be more than happy to give you a hand

Old 07-24-2011, 09:17 PM
txrarebear
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mdaycb
txrarebear:
Did you get that wiring figured out? Wiring is my thing, LOL,, I am an aircraft electrician/avionics, if you need any help I would be more than happy to give you a hand
Yeah, I got it finally!!
Doggone molex connectors needs a special set of crimpers for these real small pins and the final crimp on the insulation has to be just right.
If you don't get it right, you can never get the pins through the back of the connector!!
Had to make do with all the tools I already have (and I DO have a few tools!!) because I'm not payin $300 just for the one set of Packard crimpers (that I may not ever use again!!).
If it was possible to remove that harness without major teardown and reassembly, I might have just taken it to the dealer and asked one of the mechanics to crimp them on for me.....but I refuse to let that little task kick my butt!!
I did finally get it, but lost the day (tracking down the problem, running out for more terninals and pins, making the repairs to the harness and putting everything back together and MAKING IT ALL WORK).
I was going to use this weekend to install my cams and new exhaust system on the Road King!!
Oh well, next weekend I guess.
Well, it's great to know that there is someone with those "wiring" talents available if one of these tasks DO kick my butt someday.....thanx for the offer.....I just may pick you up on it.
See ya on the next ride.....soon I hope
TRB!!

Old 07-25-2011, 04:37 PM
mdaycb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by txrarebear
Yeah, I got it finally!!
Doggone molex connectors needs a special set of crimpers for these real small pins and the final crimp on the insulation has to be just right.
If you don't get it right, you can never get the pins through the back of the connector!!
Had to make do with all the tools I already have (and I DO have a few tools!!) because I'm not payin $300 just for the one set of Packard crimpers (that I may not ever use again!!).
If it was possible to remove that harness without major teardown and reassembly, I might have just taken it to the dealer and asked one of the mechanics to crimp them on for me.....but I refuse to let that little task kick my butt!!
I did finally get it, but lost the day (tracking down the problem, running out for more terninals and pins, making the repairs to the harness and putting everything back together and MAKING IT ALL WORK).
I was going to use this weekend to install my cams and new exhaust system on the Road King!!
Oh well, next weekend I guess.
Well, it's great to know that there is someone with those "wiring" talents available if one of these tasks DO kick my butt someday.....thanx for the offer.....I just may pick you up on it.
See ya on the next ride.....soon I hope
TRB!!
Glad you finally got, crimping without the proper tools can be a pain sometimes, but you it seems like you worked your way through it. Let me know if you ever need help with T/S wiring. See you a ride soon.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:58 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Well I'll be roll'in out around 10 in the morning, heading on down to that little island near Tejas they call Galveston.........packed my rain suit just incase. Hondo thanks for the offer but I got a deal on a scooter that I'll be renting in a couple of weeks!
The good-old boys down at Cowboys set me up with a new 103 loaded, I'll be rolling
on out into deep east Tejas next month to check it out. Well until then, y'all take care and Cheer's from south Tejas.............looking forward to a few cold ones on the beach!

Old 07-30-2011, 09:14 AM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey OF&W's - I sold my bike a couple of weeks ago. I haven't had the opportunity to ride very much due to work commitments (I put 200 miles on it in the past 8 months) and will not have much time in the near future. I just wanted to tell you guys how much I enjoyed riding with you over the past couple of years. Hopefully, next year will slow down a bit and I will be able to get another scoot and join you again. In the mean time, thanks for some of the best days I've ever spent on two wheels!

Old 07-30-2011, 11:57 AM
mud
muderator
Received 9,109 Likes on 2,119 Posts

Originally Posted by Starboard

Hopefully, next year will slow down a bit and I will be able to get another scoot and join you again. In the mean time, thanks for some of the best days I've ever spent on two wheels!
It's been a real pleasure Mark.

I'm sure you'll be back.

You started this thread about 3 years ago and it's still going strong.

guitar player that you are, here's a shot I snapped a couple weeks back at JavelinaHD.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:16 AM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark were gonna miss ya till you get the new one.

Don't know if any of ya remember a buddy of mine that rode with us a couple of times. His name was Al he rode a VFR. He owned a bicycle shop here in San Marcos. They found him dead in his shop on Friday morning. Don't know what caused it. They suspect it was a stroke.

Ya'll take care will see ya soon. River is almost thru this year.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:23 PM
hondo1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Starboard
Hey OF&W's - I sold my bike. Hopefully, next year will slow down a bit and I will be able to get another scoot and join you again. In the mean time, thanks for some of the best days I've ever spent on two wheels!
Mark,

I only got to ride with you for a few months but always enjoyed it. I have a couple of bikes you might enjoy riding so if you get a chance to hook up on a ride just call me and you can use one of my bikes. Take care and hurry back. We'll miss you until you return.

Big Red

Old 08-01-2011, 06:27 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Mark you will be greatly missed, I enjoyed shoot 'in the **** with ya....and ride 'in with too...
......as we watched those two wild men ride the hell out of those Dyan's!
Take care bro.......and I'm sure we will see ya soon on a new scooter!
Damn.........hate to hear the bad news Mike, I meet Al a few times and eat with y'all down at the cafe too!
Prayers and condolences go out to his family & friends.

Quick Reply: San Antonio Area Riders