Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

San Antonio Area Riders

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 11:02 AM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Harpoon maybe not being able to ride this weekend will free up some time to add to my post about 3 sisters food/swimming since this thread indicates that there should be a wealth of knowledge since Kerrville/Sisters are in your backyard.

Too bad you miss the 3 day weekend riding time, but then again you DID realize that it IS Memorial Day weekend and what a bad idea taking it in voluntarily THURSDAY NIGHT was now.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:01 PM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Harpoonman
I have spent quite a bit of time on the phone with Victoria Harley during the last couple of months, trying to correct the screw ups from my purchase...back in August 2008. Finally...appointment time to take care of stuff..should have been a one day deal...all day..but just one day... Took it in Thursday evening..so they could start on Friday morning. I called at 1:15pm checking on progress. They told me to call back at 4:00pm. At 4..they tell me call tomorrow...I called this morning..and they tell me they tech is off today..and will not return until Monday. WHAT ??? I'm screwed til MONDAY ??......Have you guys had any stuff like this happen to you ? Or is it just me? I thought I would feel better after venting a little....but not yet.

The same thimg happened to me with Alamo City. That is why I have been going to Gruene. They show a lot more appreciation towards the customer.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:46 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Well did y'all get caught out in the rain today?
I took off for a short mourning ride today, with the weather being unpredictable.
Think I may have seem your bike across the street from the cafe this morning formike56.
Hell I got caught just outside of Martindale in a down poor,them I get back to the house and not a drop of rain had feel at my place.
Oh well, time to fire up the grill!

Old 05-24-2009, 11:39 PM
American Dave
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let me tell you my experience with Gruene Harley

Originally Posted by formike56
The same thimg happened to me with Alamo City. That is why I have been going to Gruene. They show a lot more appreciation towards the customer.
I own a 2008 Nightster that I bought from Alamo City. Had some work done at Gruene and received great customer service so when I decided to upgrade I went back to them. I spoke with a salesman who lowballed me on my trade-in, under NADA price, and told me that he would contact me the next day with a new offer and answers regarding interest rate and preexisting warranty. No call. I had told him that I was going to come in the next day for a test ride on a fat bob and a cross bones. He told me that it would be his day off but he still would call. Went up for the test ride talked to a new salesman who had to redo all the numbers after I told him the whole story. Talked to the head of finance and sales who apologized numerous times about the no call. They all told me that they would do everything the salesman was supposed to do and call me the next morning for sure. No call. Finally the first salesman calls me four days later and tells me that he has had a stomach bug. I tell him that this experience has shown me that I am not to do business with Gruene.

Sorry, for the length I just had to vent. Thinking about checking Caliente to see if they will treat me better.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:44 AM
formike56
Club Member

Originally Posted by American Dave
I own a 2008 Nightster that I bought from Alamo City. Had some work done at Gruene and received great customer service so when I decided to upgrade I went back to them. I spoke with a salesman who lowballed me on my trade-in, under NADA price, and told me that he would contact me the next day with a new offer and answers regarding interest rate and preexisting warranty. No call. I had told him that I was going to come in the next day for a test ride on a fat bob and a cross bones. He told me that it would be his day off but he still would call. Went up for the test ride talked to a new salesman who had to redo all the numbers after I told him the whole story. Talked to the head of finance and sales who apologized numerous times about the no call. They all told me that they would do everything the salesman was supposed to do and call me the next morning for sure. No call. Finally the first salesman calls me four days later and tells me that he has had a stomach bug. I tell him that this experience has shown me that I am not to do business with Gruene.

Sorry, for the length I just had to vent. Thinking about checking Caliente to see if they will treat me better.
Caliente is owned by the same family that owns Gruene. This is a good place to vent... Who was the salesman? They have gone thru quite a few sales people recently. That doesn't condone what they have done. Good luck in your search..

Old 05-26-2009, 06:52 AM
formike56
Club Member

Originally Posted by PureDeath
Well did y'all get caught out in the rain today?
I took off for a short mourning ride today, with the weather being unpredictable.
Think I may have seem your bike across the street from the cafe this morning formike56.
Hell I got caught just outside of Martindale in a down poor,them I get back to the house and not a drop of rain had feel at my place.
Oh well, time to fire up the grill!
Waited around the Cafe till 9:30. Left there headed west to Blanco, Luckenbach, Fredricksburg, Kerrville, Medina, Bandara, Pipe Creek, Bourne, Bulverde, Canyon City then Back to San Marcos. Beautiful ride. Everthing was green. I think the best part was between Kerrville and Bandara. State Hwy 16 is a great ride. Just have to be careful of those 10 mph curves. Saw a guy on a sport bike picking himself up after lowsiding it north of Medina. Looks like he was getting out of the groove an dumped it. He was limping but was alright. Bike was missing some Fairing & turn signals. Had a good time. 300 miles 7 hours of great riding. Next week end Willow City loop.....

Old 05-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Harpoonman
Club Member

This is a good place to vent... ..
Sure IS !!

We went and got our Bike Yesterday afternoon (after work). They have one sales person there, who knows we were treated badly, and is busting her hump, to make it up to us..... So I talked to the owner (Tim) at about 1:00 pm...He tells me it is ready. I'll be there this afternoon. When we get there..it's not been washed I told the Lady in charge of service..We will wait for you to wash it....Anyway.... I now have a Howards Air horn..(not as loud and deep as the demo at the dealer) but I will reasearch some tweeks , Adjustable rider's backrest, and short arm angled highway peg mounts. Shy of the Rinehart True duals, power comander, and Stage 1....I'll have what I bought. Ready for the Willow City Loop and Mascot exchange. I need to contact Dawg Broke, and make sure I have time for breakfast on the square. I'll have to post some pics soon

Old 05-26-2009, 09:52 AM
formike56
Club Member

Originally Posted by Harpoonman
Sure IS !!

We went and got our Bike Yesterday afternoon (after work). They have one sales person there, who knows we were treated badly, and is busting her hump, to make it up to us..... So I talked to the owner (Tim) at about 1:00 pm...He tells me it is ready. I'll be there this afternoon. When we get there..it's not been washed I told the Lady in charge of service..We will wait for you to wash it....Anyway.... I now have a Howards Air horn..(not as loud and deep as the demo at the dealer) but I will reasearch some tweeks , Adjustable rider's backrest, and short arm angled highway peg mounts. Shy of the Rinehart True duals, power comander, and Stage 1....I'll have what I bought. Ready for the Willow City Loop and Mascot exchange. I need to contact Dawg Broke, and make sure I have time for breakfast on the square. I'll have to post some pics soon
I made to Fredricksburg in 1 1/2 hours sunday morning. I found a good way to get there on the backroads. All are in good shape. I don't think I saw pothole on my way there. Between Kerrville and Medina. The road was rough about halfway there. On either end it as good roads. If you can't make for breakfast. Let us know we will still meet up there. Leave asap. Stop in Fredricksburg for eats after you meet up Dawg Broke.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member

I made to Fredricksburg in 1 1/2 hours ..... If you can't make for breakfast. Let us know we will still meet up there. Leave asap. Stop in Fredricksburg for eats after you meet up Dawg Broke.
That's a good plan...I'll keep in touch

Old 05-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Waited around the Cafe till 9:30. Left there headed west to Blanco, Luckenbach, Fredricksburg, Kerrville, Medina, Bandara, Pipe Creek, Bourne, Bulverde, Canyon City then Back to San Marcos. Beautiful ride. Everthing was green. I think the best part was between Kerrville and Bandara. State Hwy 16 is a great ride. Just have to be careful of those 10 mph curves. Saw a guy on a sport bike picking himself up after lowsiding it north of Medina. Looks like he was getting out of the groove an dumped it. He was limping but was alright. Bike was missing some Fairing & turn signals. Had a good time. 300 miles 7 hours of great riding. Next week end Willow City loop.....
Did you get wet? We took the west direction on Sunday to avoid the storms up north. Met in Pipe Creek and rode to Bandera, south to Hondo and then north to Tarpley. Wound up at Garner State Park after lunch in Utopia. Heading back, we took 39 to follow the river and met the rain about 20 miles from Kerrville. We stayed wet until we got home (by Sea World). So much for avoiding the rain, but it didn't wash the grins off of our faces. Nearly 300 miles, total trip.

Tell me about the Willow City loop. I am off all this week and I would be willing to meet you guys anywhere, any day thru this Sunday. Been out of town on business for the past month and need to get some riding before I have to leave again on June 1. I'll keep an eye on the forum this week...

Quick Reply: San Antonio Area Riders