Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

San Antonio Area Riders

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 07:43 AM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are a few pics from yesterday. Txrarebear's new Roadglide, Rolands scoot, Two of America's Icon's. Was too Cold to take any pics riding around.... Next time will do some

Attached Thumbnails San Antonio Area Riders-dscn0986.jpg   San Antonio Area Riders-dscn0987.jpg   San Antonio Area Riders-dscn0988.jpg  
Old 12-09-2010, 07:29 PM
hondo1
Tourer
Default Weekend Ride

Eddie and any other OF&W interested in riding,

I am hitting the road this weekend to get in some MUCH NEEDED riding time. It has been 7 weeks since I have ridden. I hope I can still remember how to ride.

Does Saturday or Sunday work best? Saturday is showing temps of 44 low and 77 high while Sunday shows 34 low and 60 high. Both days look to be sunny, cloudless and absolutely beautiful.

I love the social time and look forward to it but also hope to get in at least 250-300 miles of ride time since it has been so long and the weather is going to be so good.

Let me know which day best suits anyone interested in riding and I'll throw some route together with appropriate stops to pick up riders.

If everyone's schedule keeps you from riding this weekend I'll catch all you OF&W's next time around.

Big Red

Old 12-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Eddie A.
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunday ride

Red,

Sunday works for me. I'll keep an eye on the forum for routes and times

Old 12-09-2010, 10:24 PM
hondo1
Tourer

Originally Posted by Eddie A.
Red,

Sunday works for me. I'll keep an eye on the forum for routes and times
Eddie,

As a preliminary route lets meet at the strip center in Bulverde (281N & 1863) where we usually meet and head to Blanco, Luckenbach, Fredericksburg, Kerrville, Hunt, Vanderpool, Medina (lunch), Bandera then home. That covers about 235 miles.

We can start at 9:00 or 9:30, whatever your desire and keeping in mind that it will be 34 Sunday morning. Riding at 75+mph the wind chill factor could be frosty.

If no one wants to go with us we may alter the route somewhat as there is really no reason to stop at the normal hook up places if there is no one to hook up with.

I'll post again on Saturday night to confirm things after we see if any other OF&W want to join us. Have a good weekend and see you Sunday.

Big Red

Old 12-10-2010, 11:02 AM
formike56
Club Member

Red;

Would love to go. Will be changing front tire & wheel Sunday 10:00am. Would love to ride with ya'll. Maybe I can catch up with ya'll somewhere. I got to get this done. Tire & wheel have be at shop for the last couple o weeks. Will be swapping to a wider front wheel & tire.

Maybe a few other Old Fart's & ******* will chim in. Last Sunday was a cold one also. This morning was 32 degrees on ride to work.... Only 10 miles from the house. I was wide awake when I got here.

See Ya'll in the funny papers

Old 12-10-2010, 04:15 PM
Eddie A.
Cruiser

Red,

I'll definitely be wearing the chaps, insulated jacket w/ hoodie, full face helmet and all the other snivel gear I can find, so it should be a comfortable/bearable ride

0900 or 0930 both work for me. I don't know that a half hour will make much difference as far as the temp is concerned

Last edited by Eddie A.; 12-10-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:45 PM
hondo1
Tourer

Originally Posted by Eddie A.
Red,

I'll definitely be wearing the chaps, insulated jacket w/ hoodie, full face helmet and all the other snivel gear I can find, so it should be a comfortable/bearable ride

0900 or 0930 both work for me. I don't know that a half hour will make much difference as far as the temp is concerned
Eddie,

I rode 310 miles today. Left home at 6:50am and it was 46 degrees. Was not bad at all. Of course if it is 32 -34 Sunday morning that will make a little difference.

I will meet you in Bulverde at 9:00am. It doesn't appear any other OF&W riders are participating unless Mike wants to hook up somewhere. Mike, want us to wait on you somewhere?

We will probably drop the Blanco and Luckenbach stops since no one will be at those locations. We can discuss the route in Bulverde while trying to defrost from the first leg.

See you in the morning and if anyone else wants to join us and freeze your butt off too post ASAP so we can plan accoringly.

Big Red

Old 12-12-2010, 06:40 PM
formike56
Club Member

Hope ya'll had a good ride today. Started to go swap out front end on the wide glide. Had everything ready to go then the damn thing wouldn't start. Ended up hooking up the trailer to Big Blue. Drug the damn thing down to Blue Collar Bike Werks in New Braunsfels. Arron who owns the shop is pretty sharp wrench. He built that motor I have. Waiting anxiously for the results. Something about intermitent power to ECM on pin 13.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Eddie A.
Cruiser

Mike,

We had a pretty good/cold ride today. Sorry to hear that your bike wouldn't start, but Aaron will get you fixed up right. I always like to hang out and learn a thing or two while having a bear when I take my bike to him.

Red,
Thanks for another great ride today. Look forward to the next time, I won't leave my hoodie home next time!

Old 12-16-2010, 07:34 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Whats up with the scooter Mike, did ya get her running?

Quick Reply: San Antonio Area Riders