Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

San Antonio Area Riders

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 01:04 AM
hondo1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by formike56
Sunday meet with a few ******* in Blanco. Went west on FM473 to CenterPoint, Texas. Had lunch at Los Dos Amigos. Then headed south on Elm Pass Rd. to Bandera. Had a good ride with good folks. Will have to plan one so all of The Old Farts & ******* can join in on it.

I managed to get in some miles this past weekend but I missed riding with you guys Sunday.

Had a friend and his wife out for the weekend and we rode 150 miles Friday afternoon, 325 miles Saturday (Three Sisters) and rode a couple of hours (8-10) Sunday morning. Then had to pick up 3 more friends at 11:30am flying a Cessna into the Bulverde air strip from Houston. Threw some steaks on the grill for lunch and we spent the afternoon watching football and BSing. They headed back to Houston around 6:30pm.

Hope I get to catch all you OFW on the next run.

Big Red

Old 10-27-2010, 10:28 PM
txrarebear
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I did get out for a while on Sunday, had to meet my Brother and his family at Coopers BBQ in New Braunfels to sign some Legal papers. They live in Bulverde and His Attorney was from Austin and met them there around lunchtime for all of us to have a reasonable meeting spot.

After the paperwork and some great BBQ, I rode with a couple of other "occasional" OF&W's (that met me there) Roland, Tim, Frank and Rick and we rode up to Wimberly, Fisher, Dripping Springs ect on some roads I have never been on before.......it was different, sure did seem to take a loooooong time.
(I could have sworn that I saw a sign...... Tulsa - 35 miles!!!!)

Anyway, I took Elvira out for a spell to stretch her legs and break her in some.
If you guy's have never ridden a Road Glide, give one a shot sometime.
......I LIKE IT......A LOT!!
(I think Big Red is on to something).
This ain't your fathers Geezer Glide (although I just got 2 years closer to "Geezer" when I turned 58 last Saturday).
Now I guess I gotta find me a rifle scabbard to hang on the bike for a place to put my cane!!

I'll catch up with all you guyz and galz......... hopefully next Sunday?
Until then, ride safe you OF's & W's!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-28-2010, 06:09 AM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was the Heritage Classic that was sponsed by Ducati
Those are awesome pix! That Moto Guzzi is kick-***! I always wanted one for taking road trips when I was a pup. I love that cafe fairing! I had a 1974 Kawasaki 500 H1 at the time. I had upgraded Mikuni carbs and Bassani expansion chambers on it. That bike would scream, but it sucked on any ride over 200 miles.

I had a blast on Sunday. I am getting that chicken-fried burger when we go to Los Dos Amigos again. PD is right, we should make a ride up north around Marble Falls, maybe to Inks State Park for an overnighter. I heard it is beautiful up there.

Last edited by Starboard; 10-28-2010 at 06:11 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:20 AM
xd.404life
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys had a great ride on Sunday, nice to get out and ride a little just for fun. Just a heads up for anyone interested looks like me and a couple of friends will make a one day tripper down to Galveston for the LSR on Friday the 5th. will probaly leave the FM 78/46/I-10 area (Seguin) about 0800 or so and heading to G-town via the back roads Gonzales-shiner-bay city-freeport and acroos the San Felipo bridge onto Galveston Island from the west end. Grap some lunch (my vote is for the Spot and then spend a few hours checking out the scene and vendors. Than head on back around 1800-200 with the return to be decided than backroad vs. Interstate. Give me a holler if interisted and I will post up any changes as they come up. As in any fine military plan this is a living dynamic plan subject to change.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:29 AM
formike56
Club Member

A friend of mine built a Ultima chopper for a customer. Ask me if I could fab a dash for it. Here are the results. Need to be powered coated or chromed. But I like the finished product. Already thinking of a few improvments on the next one.

Attached Thumbnails San Antonio Area Riders-67421_161664460534175_100000718668258_331426_7694186_n.jpg   San Antonio Area Riders-67533_161664357200852_100000718668258_331425_7424914_n.jpg  
Old 10-30-2010, 11:18 AM
Harpoonman
Club Member

A friend of mine built a Ultima chopper for a customer. Ask me if I could fab a dash for it. Here are the results. Need to be powered coated or chromed. But I like the finished product. Already thinking of a few improvments on the next one.
Nice Job Mike.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:57 AM
formike56
Club Member

Sure is quiet around here.....

Old 11-04-2010, 01:38 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Y'all have a great weekend, the weather is looking killer................next stop Galveston. Hell Yeah...........Lone Star Rally time, going to meet up with a few folks at the Spot on Friday. Heading on down 71 to meet up with a few riders on the other forum at Columbus, and it's on!

Old 11-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member

Originally Posted by xd.404life
Hey guys had a great ride on Sunday, nice to get out and ride a little just for fun. Just a heads up for anyone interested looks like me and a couple of friends will make a one day tripper down to Galveston for the LSR on Friday the 5th. will probaly leave the FM 78/46/I-10 area (Seguin) about 0800 or so and heading to G-town via the back roads Gonzales-shiner-bay city-freeport and acroos the San Felipo bridge onto Galveston Island from the west end. Grap some lunch (my vote is for the Spot and then spend a few hours checking out the scene and vendors. Than head on back around 1800-200 with the return to be decided than backroad vs. Interstate. Give me a holler if interisted and I will post up any changes as they come up. As in any fine military plan this is a living dynamic plan subject to change.
I had to come back and read this again. I can't do it tomorrow, might could have pulled off a Saturday. Yall have fun and be safe. Take plenty of pics to post, so I can really feel bad about not going.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PureDeath
Y'all have a great weekend, the weather is looking killer................next stop Galveston. Hell Yeah...........Lone Star Rally time, going to meet up with a few folks at the Spot on Friday. Heading on down 71 to meet up with a few riders on the other forum at Columbus, and it's on!
You guys have a great time! I wish I could have made the trip this year (after convincing the better half to go). Maybe next year.

Just got in from Virginia and looking forward to a little rest this weekend. Forgot - you guys ride safe!

Last edited by Starboard; 11-05-2010 at 05:37 PM. Reason: forgot

Quick Reply: San Antonio Area Riders