Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

San Antonio Area Riders

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 07:19 PM
txrarebear
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hondo1
Looks like a good ride. I will not be in the Hill Country this weekend or next due to an October 15 tax deadline and lots of returns to get completed. Sorry I'm missing a good ride with great people in some fabulous weather.

Everyone have fun and keep the rubber on the road. I know that is very hard for most of you since this whole bunch flys at warp speeds.

Big Red
Big Red, even though you'll miss the next two weekends, I'm pretty sure that wicked Road Glide "Time Machine" will catch up and make up for all lost time!!
There's not too many Baggers around that can keep up with the ole MUD GLIDE, so my hat's off to you and your great looking machine!!
See ya in a few.
TRB

Old 10-01-2010, 07:25 PM
txrarebear
Road Captain

Speaking of the ole MUD GLIDE......what say Tom?
Wanna join Star B and I for breakfast at the Bear Moon Bakery Sunday morning before "toodling" off to Luckenbach?
You know the way to the Casa.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by txrarebear
Well Star B you're on, looks like we can do that breakfast at the Bear Moon if you get here around 8:00.
I'll give you directions to my house and we can ride up together or I can meet you there.
Either way, It's only a couple of miles from my house.

Anyone else up for a great breakfast?

Afterwards, we'll hit Luckenbach and catch up with Mike.......... and anyone else that manages a "Kitchen Pass"!!!!

It's gonna be a great weekend, hope to see a few more of the gang.
If not, maybe we can manage a ride up around Hunt, Vanderpool, Lost Maples, Leaky etc VIA a couple of "Sisters".....the leaves are already turning.
A few more weeks and it's gonna be a fantastic ride.
Ride Safe guys!
Oh, hell yeah! Send me a PM with directions to your house and we'll ride over to the Bear Moon from there. I am pretty sure I take the Johns Road exit off I-10, but you can point me in the right direction. Man, I've been looking forward to having breakfast there for many moons! Maybe Mud will show up?

PD - thank goodness for the good news about your Dad! Yall have to be relieved. Sorry about the shutdown work, but a heavy wallet feels good.

Gonna miss the rest of the gang and I hope you guys get to enjoy this kick-*** weather no matter what you have going on.

Old 10-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Starboard
Road Master

Originally Posted by Bishop73
Lol, yes I threatened to make this ride. Unfortunately I will be camping this weekend after all. So you all have a fun and safe ride. Maybe next time....

Have fun, but don't be surprised if the whole OFW gang were camping in your front yard when you got home! Catch you on the next one!

Old 10-01-2010, 09:20 PM
txrarebear
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Starboard
Oh, hell yeah! Send me a PM with directions to your house and we'll ride over to the Bear Moon from there. I am pretty sure I take the Johns Road exit off I-10, but you can point me in the right direction. Man, I've been looking forward to having breakfast there for many moons! Maybe Mud will show up?

PD - thank goodness for the good news about your Dad! Yall have to be relieved. Sorry about the shutdown work, but a heavy wallet feels good.

Gonna miss the rest of the gang and I hope you guys get to enjoy this kick-*** weather no matter what you have going on.

Sent ya a PM Mark

Old 10-02-2010, 10:25 AM
xd.404life
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Gang made it home yesterday, 860 miles in 15 hrs (I wanted to make my sons football game today I missed 2 while TDY), my a$$ hurts and the iron horse needs a rest and some TLC. Not a single problem on the whole trip (I was kinda worried about the bike, I have never riden that far or long before) It rolled at 80mph all day and when I needed to twist the throttle there were still some ponies there to step up. VERY HAPPY with this bike. Needless to say I will not make the ride tomorrow but you all enjoy and I look forward to meeting up with ya in the weeks to come.

Troy

Old 10-02-2010, 10:47 AM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xd.404life
Well Gang made it home yesterday, 860 miles in 15 hrs (I wanted to make my sons football game today I missed 2 while TDY), my a$$ hurts and the iron horse needs a rest and some TLC. Not a single problem on the whole trip (I was kinda worried about the bike, I have never riden that far or long before) It rolled at 80mph all day and when I needed to twist the throttle there were still some ponies there to step up. VERY HAPPY with this bike. Needless to say I will not make the ride tomorrow but you all enjoy and I look forward to meeting up with ya in the weeks to come.

Troy
Troy;

Good to see ya made it back to Tejas.... Enjoy the family time see ya next ride....

Old 10-02-2010, 05:57 PM
txrarebear
Road Captain

Troy
Glad you made it back without incident Troy.
Now it's time to give that machine a rest and yourself too.
There's plenty of South Texas riding time left, we'll all hook up again soon I'm sure.
TRB

Old 10-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Troy
Good to see you made it back home safe and sound !! Welcome home. Glad the scoot didn't let ya down. I'm still out of tomorrows ride. Ya'll have fun.

Old 10-03-2010, 05:54 AM
Starboard
Road Master

Originally Posted by txrarebear
Sent ya a PM Mark
Got it - see you around 8am this morning.

Quick Reply: San Antonio Area Riders