Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

San Antonio Area Riders

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 09:01 AM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sunday's ride is as follows. Not set in stone.
Luckenback to Comfort.
Comfort to Hunt.
SH39 to RR187
RR187 to RR470
RR470 to Bandera
Bandera to back home

Looked good on a map. Should be a cool ride.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:04 PM
Bishop73
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

There are mumblings around my house about camping this weekend. If we don't go camping I'll be on this ride.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:42 PM
txrarebear
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by formike56
Luckenback to Comfort.
Comfort to Hunt.
SH39 to RR187
RR187 to RR470
RR470 to Bandera
Bandera to back home

I'm gonna try to make it, should be in Luckenbach around 10......... see ya there.
TRB

Old 09-30-2010, 05:21 PM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Luckenback to Comfort.
Comfort to Hunt.
SH39 to RR187
RR187 to RR470
RR470 to Bandera
Bandera to back home

Great plan! If them other ******* don't check in, I may skip the Exxon stop and head up to Luckenbach through Boerne. Maybe I can sweet-talk TRB into having breakfast at the Bear Moon. Anyway, I will be in Luckenbach by 10 on Sunday.

Was that Bishop threatening to make a ride with us or was I seeing things?

Old 09-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Starboard
Great plan! If them other ******* don't check in, I may skip the Exxon stop and head up to Luckenbach through Boerne. Maybe I can sweet-talk TRB into having breakfast at the Bear Moon. Anyway, I will be in Luckenbach by 10 on Sunday.

At this point, We will be missing this ride. But you never what may change at the last moment. While the missuz is working Saturday, I will be volunteering as an extra crewman with the local EMS.

I hope Bishop gets to go. Seems like forever since we rode with him.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:35 AM
hondo1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Luckenback to Comfort.
Comfort to Hunt.
SH39 to RR187
RR187 to RR470
RR470 to Bandera
Bandera to back home

Looks like a good ride. I will not be in the Hill Country this weekend or next due to an October 15 tax deadline and lots of returns to get completed. Sorry I'm missing a good ride with great people in some fabulous weather.

Everyone have fun and keep the rubber on the road. I know that is very hard for most of you since this whole bunch flys at warp speeds.

Big Red

Old 10-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Bishop73
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Lol, yes I threatened to make this ride. Unfortunately I will be camping this weekend after all. So you all have a fun and safe ride. Maybe next time....

Old 10-01-2010, 06:44 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Well guys it ain't looking like I'll be mak'in the Sunday ride. I'm on call over the weekend and have to make a showing at around 1700 Saturday at work, and the way it's looking I may not get out of there until sometime around 2300. Our customer changed there minds ,on a new tool set and want's it ready by Monday. Left work after running 80 sets of line purges on a 1/2 line running just over a hundred yards with N2, and now under the twenty four hour pressure decay test. We had to over night three 3/4 line ss regulator's from Michigan, at a cost of $3,000 a regulator with a over night charge of $500 bills. Well it sounds like I'll miss a killer ride..........on a side note my ole man will be fine..........they found he has Prostate Cancer and it's in the early stages. He will be going in for the Cryosurgery next week...........things look good. Hell....beside's hes a tuff ole fart!
Y'all enjoy and have a safe ride..........Oh...and watch out for them deer, on the way into work this morning. I had to slow down going though Oak Hill, four of them sum- bitch's ran out in front of me rite before the Exxon at the bottom of the Y.
Y'all take care and hopfuly I'll catch y'all before the Lone Star Rally next month. ............Who's going?
Cheer's from south Tejas! .............. Thunder in the hills

Last edited by PureDeath; 10-01-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:59 PM
txrarebear
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Starboard

Well Star B you're on, looks like we can do that breakfast at the Bear Moon if you get here around 8:00.
I'll give you directions to my house and we can ride up together or I can meet you there.
Either way, It's only a couple of miles from my house.

Anyone else up for a great breakfast?

Afterwards, we'll hit Luckenbach and catch up with Mike.......... and anyone else that manages a "Kitchen Pass"!!!!

It's gonna be a great weekend, hope to see a few more of the gang.
If not, maybe we can manage a ride up around Hunt, Vanderpool, Lost Maples, Leaky etc VIA a couple of "Sisters".....the leaves are already turning.
A few more weeks and it's gonna be a fantastic ride.
Ride Safe guys!

Old 10-01-2010, 07:16 PM
txrarebear
Road Captain

Originally Posted by PureDeath
Well guys it ain't looking like I'll be mak'in the Sunday ride. I'm on call over the weekend and have to make a showing at around 1700 Saturday at work, and the way it's looking I may not get out of there until sometime around 2300. Our customer changed there minds ,on a new tool set and want's it ready by Monday. Left work after running 80 sets of line purges on a 1/2 line running just over a hundred yards with N2, and now under the twenty four hour pressure decay test. We had to over night three 3/4 line ss regulator's from Michigan, at a cost of $3,000 a regulator with a over night charge of $500 bills. Well it sounds like I'll miss a killer ride..........on a side note my ole man will be fine..........they found he has Prostate Cancer and it's in the early stages. He will be going in for the Cryosurgery next week...........things look good. Hell....beside's hes a tuff ole fart!
Y'all enjoy and have a safe ride..........Oh...and watch out for them deer, on the way into work this morning. I had to slow down going though Oak Hill, four of them sum- bitch's ran out in front of me rite before the Exxon at the bottom of the Y.
Y'all take care and hopfuly I'll catch y'all before the Lone Star Rally next month. ............Who's going?
Cheer's from south Tejas! .............. Thunder in the hills
Hey Pure D,
Glad to hear your father got in and caught it in the early stages.....makes a BIG difference.
I'm sure you all are relieved to hear that.

I also know about the working OT bit, done my share of that too.
There will still be some great time for riding, a couple more weeks and the Hill Country will be alive with color (Mike can give his Pink camera a good workout then!!)
Ha!

Catch ya soon!!
TRB

Last edited by txrarebear; 10-01-2010 at 07:35 PM.

Quick Reply: San Antonio Area Riders