Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

San Antonio Area Riders

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 01:41 PM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xd.404life
You mean the Thong underwear suggestion was just a joke-man I hope Kohls will take these back. oh well back to comando for me- I guess I can concentrate on the rain gear now.

On a side note anyone going to Bike night at Texas pride tonight or the one at Alamo City HD they are having tonight from 1800-12100.
Troy;

I bought my rain gear at Alamo HD 3 years ago. Still works great. I got the grey&black rain gear for less than 100$$$$. Keep in the saddle bags all the time. Don't know when your gonna run into the stuff around here.....

Old 09-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You mean the Thong underwear suggestion was just a joke-.

Not completely

Old 09-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Harpoonman
I had to do something to jazz it up around here..... it was getting WAY to quiet....

Oh I'm sure that size is available, but they would be WAY too tight

I'm glad I was able to be a target of jest and ridicule..somebody has to...

Damn, I left for a week and the thread has degenerated into a men's lingerie discussion. Look who's wearing Hanes!

Old 09-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Harpoonman
Club Member

Originally Posted by Starboard
Damn, I left for a week and the thread has degenerated into a men's lingerie discussion. Look who's wearing Hanes!

Yeah, wait til January.... no telling what we'll be chattin up about by then. Maybe my daughter was right? I do still need adult supervision....

Old 09-17-2010, 10:48 AM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

She should know......

Old 09-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Harpoonman
Yeah, wait til January.... no telling what we'll be chattin up about by then. Maybe my daughter was right? I do still need adult supervision....

Damned right! I am proud to say I too need some adult supervision some of the time, part of the time, most of the time! We ain't dead, yet and if we want to get on the roof butt-naked yelling at the sky for rain (long story), then so be it.

However, as far as January chattin' topics, let's see if we can try to stay on topics like science, history, sports, music trivia or Mud's mystery camera. Lot's of folks view this thread, I hear, and we could at least appear more to be more swave and deboner.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member

Originally Posted by Starboard
Damned right! I am proud to say I too need some adult supervision some of the time, part of the time, most of the time! We ain't dead, yet and if we want to get on the roof butt-naked yelling at the sky for rain (long story), then so be it.

However, as far as January chattin' topics, let's see if we can try to stay on topics like science, history, sports, music trivia or Mud's mystery camera. Lot's of folks view this thread, I hear, and we could at least appear more to be more swave and deboner.
Good Post

Old 09-18-2010, 08:00 PM
xd.404life
Tourer

Well guys here I am in Mobile, Al just over 600 hundred trouble free miles behind me. Was a real good ride no problems except around Baton Rouge, I pretty much had to duck walk my 850+ pound motorcycle over the Mississippi River Bridge-that pretty much sucked and I think I got second degree burns on my b*#@s. Everytime I go through LA there is some kind of traffic malfunction-except during Katerina-all the Bastards stayed home that day. Anyway, bike ran great no issues, MPG lower than I thought it would be however. Right now hangin in the Druery Inn having a few brews and watching the GREAT TEXAS LONGHORNS!!!

Should be able to get into Ft Rucker before noon and enjoy some NFL. Will keep posted.

Troy

Old 09-18-2010, 08:18 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

glad you made it safely, so far. hopefully, the rest of the trip will be uneventful.

for me, that's a scary bridge - even in a cage, I suffer from Gephyrophobia - fear of crossing bridges.

maybe I missed it, why are you going to Rucker?

Old 09-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member

Well guys here I am in Mobile, Al just over 600 hundred trouble free miles behind me. Was a real good ride no problems except around Baton Rouge, I pretty much had to duck walk my 850+ pound motorcycle over the Mississippi River Bridge-that pretty much sucked and I think I got second degree burns on my b*#@s. Everytime I go through LA there is some kind of traffic malfunction-except during Katerina-all the Bastards stayed home that day. Anyway, bike ran great no issues, MPG lower than I thought it would be however. Right now hangin in the Druery Inn having a few brews and watching the GREAT TEXAS LONGHORNS!!!

Should be able to get into Ft Rucker before noon and enjoy some NFL. Will keep posted.

Troy
Good to hear you’re doing well and the bike is treating you right. My first encounter with the Mississippi River Bridge on two wheels was also a memorable experience. It was a light rain, with moderate traffic flowing at about 50 MPH. I had to tell myself to relax, put the tires in the metal row and just lightly held the bars, until we got over.

Enjoy your TDY at Rucker..

Quick Reply: San Antonio Area Riders