San Antonio Area Riders

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 08:28 AM
txrarebear
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by formike56
Workin on the river...... Makin sure all the good lookin women don't drown.....
Are ya at least gonna save some of the "less than good looking" women for us (not so fortunate) "less than good looking" guys then?!?!

Old 08-21-2010, 09:13 AM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nah.... Your gonna have to troll for your own ugly ones.....

Old 08-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I made a very short ride early this morning until the clouds broke and then I got my butt back home. I would need PureDeath to provide the proper metaphor for the heat. Man, it got hot fast!

Old 08-22-2010, 06:20 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

I heard that Starboard, I headed out around seven this morning myself. Rode down to see a friend of mine in Castroville, didn't hang out long.............way to damn hot, rolled into the driveway around noon!
Got our rooms booked for the Lone Star Rally, we'll be staying down @ By The Sea on the lower west side of the sea wall.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:20 PM
txrarebear
Road Captain

Yah....hot one it was.
I rode up to the Bear Moon Bakery on Main Street here in Boerne, got me my (OFW) "Bran Muffin" and a cup of decaff, watched all the early morning walkers and joggers cruzin by......and got back on the bike and rode up to New Braunfels via river road.
I stopped in at Gruene H/D for a cool down break and a few dozen cups of water, looked at all the pretty new bikes and parts, and then split heading back towards the house.
Too hot.......I heard that.
Anyway, I got in a little riding today.
See ya'll

Old 08-23-2010, 08:34 AM
The Big Alabama
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wife and I are here for a few more months with the Army. We love to ride. Her bike is pretty unique, I'm sure you'll see it. Hollar at us if you see us.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Harpoonman
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Big Alabama
The wife and I are here for a few more months with the Army. We love to ride. Her bike is pretty unique, I'm sure you'll see it. Hollar at us if you see us.

Glad you poked your head in to say Hi.
Yes sir, I would agree, that is distinctive!! Hope to see y'all around.
Thank You for Your Service.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PureDeath
I heard that Starboard, I headed out around seven this morning myself. Rode down to see a friend of mine in Castroville, didn't hang out long.............way to damn hot, rolled into the driveway around noon!
Got our rooms booked for the Lone Star Rally, we'll be staying down @ By The Sea on the lower west side of the sea wall.
We probably passed each other on 90! I headed out to Rio Medina and then over to Castroville. Turned into a wimp and headed back east to 1604.

txrearebear - Glad to hear that place is still open. It's hard to find decent, good old-fashioned places like those anymore. I have always wanted to do their Sunday breakfast buffet! We gotta make a point to chow down there while Mike and gang are eating in San Marcos. We could still make it to Luckenbach around the regular time and arrive 'belly-full'.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:56 PM
txrarebear
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Starboard
We probably passed each other on 90! I headed out to Rio Medina and then over to Castroville. Turned into a wimp and headed back east to 1604.

txrearebear - Glad to hear that place is still open. It's hard to find decent, good old-fashioned places like those anymore. I have always wanted to do their Sunday breakfast buffet! We gotta make a point to chow down there while Mike and gang are eating in San Marcos. We could still make it to Luckenbach around the regular time and arrive 'belly-full'.
Just say when!!
When I had my Rotator Cuff surgery, I was out of work for 6 weeks and the doctor wouldn't even let me ride my bikes for over 4 months, so I went walking everyday while I was out of work. From my house to the Bear Moon Bakery is three miles, I walked it every morning, ate my Bran Muffin (and sometimes tried others, they are ALL good!), drank my DeCaff coffee visited with some of the regulars and the other walkers, joggers and bicycle riders, and then walked back home.....good way to kill about 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

Sometimes I would even walk back to the river to the meat market and pick me up some of their smoked sausage for lunch, another 6 mile round trip!
Some of those days I walked 12 miles total, it was great.
Come on down early some Sunday when we ride and we'll hit that breakfast buffet!
See ya,
Ride safe.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:52 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Damn...with these temps dropping down some, I think I'll enjoy the ride into work tomorrow morning.

Quick Reply: San Antonio Area Riders